Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Active Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Product Trainer
    United States
    Seriously?

The only problem I have with the controls (I'm on a 32GB 5th generation iPod Touch) is that the mini-zoom window would go out-of-bounds when you're near the bezel of the device.

It should be an easy fix as they just need to lock the zoom window and not have it clip outside the screen.

If you're having a hard time mining or breaking things, you don't need to use the right virtual stick. Just click directly on the block you want to mine and the zoom window will pop up for more accurate mining.

2. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I think the main reason why I don't want it anymore is that I can actually have it now :p I mean, they're not that expensive. I'd probably run out of space before I'd run out of money if I really stick to the simple bricks that we had when I was a child.

I still like LEGO and I like sandbox games, but I don't play with them in the same way.

3. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    This is really annoying, so when Im placing wood to make a house sometimes I mess up and I'm sure alot of people do. Well anyways when I mess up and try to destroy the wood to start over I can't....... So then I have to move to another spot and it's just such a hassle

4. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Aaah ! Somebody finally answers me !

Great ! Hope it will not be too small on my iphone 5 device !

5. explosivelimes

explosivelimes Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    Game Impressions

After putting in a few hours last night and another 1.5 this morning I can say that I think the iOS port of Terraria is well done. I do have a few gripes though.

I played mostly on my iPad and the floating dual stick controls are not good. I'm not sure why some devs haven't learned that floating controls are just a bad idea all around. The Other Brothers had this same problem, thankfully enough people complained about it day one and they had fixed controls within a week. Terraria would work better if the controls were consistently in the same spot.

Leaderboards are kind of useless. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't really need to know who has mined the most blocks or killed the most enemies. Maybe there are better stats to compare with friends like, which bosses have you killed, or what is the highest tier armor you've crafted. Also the leaderboards don't seem to work. At all. Ha! I have easily mined more than double what it shows and my kills are greater too, but they must be having some kind of server issues because it's not keeping up with my gaming.

Along the same lines, this morning I was able to organize a few things in my chests and craft better weapons and defeat the Eye of Cthulu which is awesome. Felt pretty good about it too! I only had an enchanted boomarang and iron armor but totally owned him. Then the game crashed and I lost my progress and the few items that I crafted. Thankfully it will only take a few minutes to get back to that point. My only worry is what if it happens again and how much will I have to backtrack. Not sure.

I experienced this on my iPad 3 running iOS 7 Beta 5 so maybe that's part of it too.

Has anyone else lost progress?

6. explosivelimes

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    #146 explosivelimes, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Hey there. Have you tried clicking on your axe and using that to destroy your placed wood blocks? Or run through the tutorial level real quick to learn the basics of how Terraria plays. Good luck!

7. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Does anyone know how to change the hotbar to be 10 rather than 5? As an experienced PC Terraria player 5 is no where near enough slots. Halp.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You can always add the quote string by pressing "quote" in that post again, then just copy and paste the whole text into your post.

9. RamazAdelphos

Aug 1, 2013
    No I have not! I will try the Axe Ty!

10. explosivelimes

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    You sir, are a wizard. Thanks!

11. RamazAdelphos

Aug 1, 2013
    The axe worked Ty!

12. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I can't click on my piggy bank for it to open. Any help?

13. hla77

hla77 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I haven't played in iPad yet but in iPhone is very hard to build something with accuracy. Need to improve controls.

14. explosivelimes

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    Leaderboards

Haha. Leaderboards are broken. Looks like moh-86 has figure out a way to edit scores pretty easily. 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 blocks mined in less than 24 hours. :)

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I have fat fingers and I have 0 problems building things accurately. The only control issue I have, is that the left joystick sometimes floats its way into the circle around the player and stops working. But building things and tearing them down has worked flawlessly for me.

16. explosivelimes

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    Yup. Same here. Building is fine, if I need more accuracy I can always pinch zoom. But the dual stick controls float away from me.

17. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Live a little, BOTH!

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Will this be better on iPad or Vita? It's coming to Vita and I was going to get it there, but then found out they were making for iOS, so now I am undecided. Perhaps I will wait for the Vita version and then see if anyone who has both makes a comparison of the two.

19. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I think just looking reading whats now possible in the game justifies its price hike! C'mon what do ya want for $5. And if that really is so bad why not just wait for a price drop. Peace n' out

20. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    #160 biokid, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    You should read my posts after that before posting. I have already bought the game and confirm that it totally justifies the price with the polish new content and better gameplay. Anyway I don't think the dev is going to drop the price, since they never change the price for the original Junk Jack, which is a good thing.

Just wondering: Why do people use butchered English nowadays?