Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I remember scouring the official Terraria forums a couple of months ago and from what I have gathered the next mobile update is still in the pipeline but other Terraria releases / updates are priority as of now. The next update for mobile will be huge since it will allow easier and more frequent updates to occur. The “more frequent” part I kinda have to see to believe but that’s what was said.

I expect an update in 2018 based upon what I have read although I certainly am not holding my breath.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Well I won’t hold my breath then but I wish they placed the same priority on Mobile as the other platforms I know they aren’t making as much money from us but mobile is the only platform I can play on. it seems like 505 is very slow in general and I don’t really get that either... hire a few new coders or something?

3. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/mobile-general-talk.141/
    I wanted to post the link to their official mobile forum where all the chaos is taking place :D . Some people are expecting the update soon and others are very skeptical of anything happening at all. I still think there will be a update but the amount of time between updates certainly has people concerned.

4. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Well let’s cross our fingers and hope for the best :) thanks for the link!

5. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  6. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Ok, where’s the big update?

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #1267 macplash, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    @Repulsa Thursday, August 29th - if I remember correctly.. my game is installed and ready

EDIT: yep, I was wrong. The patch 1.3.0.7 is out now. Yay!

8. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    The patch just went live!

ramzarules likes this.
  9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I am thankful for this update but the new Ui is horrible. Who can hit that tiny sword button to attack?
    They should have have given us custom button sizes and placement. As it is, if i actually want to tap the attack consistently, i need to have 80% of my sceen showing the UI because either you make it ALL big or not at all.
    Hope they change it... i was so looking forward to playing again.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sadly agree with you...

pathogen541 likes this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ramzarules I made a mistake by expressing my opinion on reddit about this game being most enjoyable on big iPad's screen and thus being downvoted like crazy (by iphone owners I'd expect).
    So I keep it to myself, just in case.

12. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Im in the same boat, I downloaded the game and BAM, the UI immediately put me off. It's more confusing than the old one to use, with a billion buttons on the screen everywhere, and the attack button is friggin TINY. Not to mention, whey are the jump and attack buttons on separate sides of the joystick? It would make more sense to me, at least in my mind, to have those two buttons close together so as to make it easier to jump and attack at the same time. I could see this working quite easily on an iPad but this makes it a bit harder to manage on the smaller screen, but even before that was to be expected. There are some games that just benefit from the extra screen real-estate, and this is one of them. Ill still play the hell outta this, and the new content is more than enough to reel me back in, but the UI well def take time to get used to

13. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Lol how did they manage to f€&ck this so much? It is impossible to play the game now with 17 buttons!!!! yes!!!! 17 buttons on the screen. At least before it was playable sure you had to put a little more effort to play but now it is just a joke. Was so happy to start it again but i deleted again immediately

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It looks fine to me even though this is the first time I play it on iPad so I have no idea how was the UI before.. people seem to be upset about it everywhere :)

[​IMG]

15. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I’m having a hard time using certain things. For example, I have a Lizhard power cell I approach the alter but I can’t seem to get it to trigger the golem? Any idea what I’m doing wrong? The new control scheme is taking a bit of getting used to

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Repulsa I hope you're not asking me because I have no idea what you're talking about :)

I own Terraria on Steam, XBox, PS4, Switch, Android and iOS and I've never played more than a few minutes of it combined! I just always succumb to the hype around it and end up buying it :rolleyes: The community around the game is great. I like to read reviews and praises from other people. This is actually the first time I'm gonna try properly.. I got some beginner's tips like not to die in first few minutes, making torches and whatnot, so we'll see :cool: I love Minecraft, I might finally fall in love with Terraria as well.

17. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I also hate that tiny weapon button

18. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Controllers dont work anymore. The whole reason i bought it

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Update for controller support and ability to setup and switch between 4 virtual control profiles

ramzarules likes this.
  20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully now we can customise the buttons and play again!

ste86uk likes this.