Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Does anyone know if there's a way to upload your local save game to iCloud? it seems all I can do is create a new world, which would be a pretty idiotic and short-sighted nerf.

2. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Wow just snagged this for .99 merry early Christmas to me

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Wow this for a buck is a complete steal

4. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Should I get this?
    A better question for me is will I enjoy this?
    I never really got into open world sandbox games like minecraft

5. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm interested in knowing about iCloud saves too - is the system implemented well?

6. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    I'm sorry if this has been answered but the thread's 119 pages:

Is there any way to remove that mining circle overlay? I bought the game just now and it's incredibly frustrating to see that thing since I'm used to the pc version. If there isn't a way, has there been a discussion about this? I can't be the only one who thinks that overlay should be toggle-able. Thanks in advance.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    For the price it's worth giving a shot, I've never gotten into minecraft either but this and jjx are two of my favourite ios games. You could always lock in by license at this price and come to it later, if it's not something you fancy right now but I can't recommend it enough.

8. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I was looking at getting this game for a while but didn't. But for just 0.99, that's a no-brainer!

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I bit at 0.99. You never know until you give something a try.

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    how does this version compare to the ps4 version? trying to decide what version to get, money is not a issue and I don't want both,

11. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Does this version have online multiplayer or just local?

12. MaxxNes

MaxxNes Active Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I always wanted to try it out but didn't spend the 5 bux since I'm not too much into sandboxes.

Happily downloaded it for 99 cents but it won't load...

I get a black screen then it closes.

Using an iPad air with ios 7.1...

13. leeoccleshaw

leeoccleshaw Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Turn wifi off when you load it dude, must be a bug!

14. MaxxNes

MaxxNes Active Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Wow thanks! I owe you a dollar!

15. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I've just purchased Terraria. I've not really played this genre of game much before. I realise it is massively open-ended, but is there some sort of path I should take as a beginner? I know it's all about exploration and discovery, but should I literally just play and see what happens? Will I get pointers on how to progress etc.?

16. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    The guide will help you, he'll give you tips on what you should do.. Get some wood, build a workbench, build a house (table, chair and lights are a must).. You'll eventually have to resort to getting help online lol.. :)

17. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply. So it is pretty much a definite that I'll have to look online for help after the guides starting tips? :confused:

18. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I do not have the most current answer to this question. Some months back I had searched and found that Terraria for iOS did not support online multiplayer. Although, "infinite worlds" and something called "Hardcore mode" had been brought to the iOS version.

After reading reviews that complained of horrible controls on touch, I went ahead and bought the PC version on Steam for $1.99 a couple of days back.

A good number of people who buy this on iOS are people who have played Terraria on the PC previously and are looking for an easy way to have that experience in their pocket. But for someone new to the game, I would suggest that they consider getting the PC version instead. It will come with all the features and include full Multiplayer server support.

19. sallysmile

sallysmile Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Terraria and Minecraft, anyone played both 2? What do you think of them?

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This has got to be the best spent dollar of my entire life.

This game pretty much took up every free minute of my entire christmas holiday.

Funny story.. farming the Pirate Invasion tying to get a Lucky Coin (so I could move on to farm gold)

I dropped about 8 Discount cards, and I dropped a Coin Gun, all that before I finally got a lucky coin.

Then I start farming coins in the dungeon and while back at home base filling up my chests what do I see just sitting in the lava trap under my base? Another lucky coin.

Stupid RNG...

This game is so awesome Im sad I am running/have run out of things to do.