Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Peachydharma

Peachydharma New Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Thanks!

2. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Also downloading... Finally found out that this has everything from the console version except a map (to find your way around), with even more content coming soon! I am so glad to finally get a chance to play this! XD

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I think that's incredibly fair, there are some crazy things added into X like planets along with the multiplayer. Honestly JJ was underpriced for what it provided, and features like treasure and statutes made it a thousand times more enjoyable than any minecraft game.

These.

Though I am a little worried about the battles on a touchscreen. They were a challenge using a controller, so I'm hoping they've tapered the difficulty. I also wish there was a "peaceful" mode, but then Terraria isn't so much a minecraft style game, as it is more a 2D platformer with a very deep building component.

4. Apokalypso

Apokalypso Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I don't know if this has been asked yet but how does it control? Especially with mining etc. because the blocks are quite small for a big finger to accurately press on aren't they?

5. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Lol! I suck!

6. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    It has a nice zoom feature (just hold your finger on the screen( so you can accurately place or remove blocks and it works extremely well once you get used to it. I'm playing on a touch 5 with no problems.

7. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #87 FRnchFRy, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Yes true there is no multiplayer on terraria. To me I think if you don't want to spend money on both get whichever pleases you since they are VERY similar games. Terraria right now without the multiplayer is for the fans who were dying for this to come out. JJX is for the players who want a more multiplayer style game. Terraria will most likely (90% sure) have updates in the near future including a multiplayer update so if you want the multiplayer hold off on this and get JJX. Both are still amazing games in my eyes though. It's like the movie Sophie's Choice trying to choose between these two great games. ;)

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #88 oscar123967, Aug 29, 2013
    I still cant decide which one Im going to buy! I guess ill have to wait for the TA review or AppSpy's if they even still review games.
    Which game seems to have more content?

9. FRnchFRy

Aug 28, 2013
    Actually the TA review is up so go check it out! (Both games)

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hmm cant seem to find it

11. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    #91 ChocoVanilla, Aug 29, 2013
    Wait where are they? I don't see them on the main page or under the Reviews section.

EDIT: After playing both JJX and Terraria for a while longer I'm leaning more towards Terraria as my game of choice. JJX hasn't yet differentiated itself enough from the original yet for it to absolutely blow my socks off (though I'm sure it will as I get further into the content/multiplayer), while Terraria is extremely solid with a proven huge content base. I'm also more comfortable with Terraria's controls, though that's just a personal thing. JJX's IAP also bothers me more than it should.

12. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I just came in to comment on the control and how extremely satisfied I am with them. I saw your post and I thought it was appropriate to reply. The controls are pretty spot on for the most part. It takes very little time to get used to and respond very well. I am playing this on my iPad and I have also purchased the game for my son and two daughters and tried it on their iTouch's (iTouch 5's) and both playing experiences have been great so far!

13. FRnchFRy

Aug 28, 2013
    Might not be on the website yet but I'm using my iPhone TA app and its in News And Reviews for me.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I grabbed Joining Hands 2, JJX and Terraria. What a way to turn a lackluster release night into the biggest night of the year (IMO) for ios games.

15. The Gamer Dude

Aug 8, 2013
    I'm using the TA app and I don't see any reviews for either, weird.

16. The Gamer Dude

Aug 8, 2013
    Yes it went from lackluster to blockbuster for sure.

17. FRnchFRy

Aug 28, 2013
    Hmmmmmmmm....strange. I don't know I might be looking at something else or something that isn't what you think it is so I don't know lol.

18. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto...

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    There are no reviews on TA for JJX or Terraria yet, those stories on the front page right now are just stories letting people know the game is out.

20. FRnchFRy

Aug 28, 2013
    Well then I guess that was what I was thinking about lol...oopsies