Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    The hotbar is actually extremely useful and very necessary for you to progress in the game. In fact, you may quickly find that you'll need the full 10 slots (similar to the PC version) to fully maximize your utility. The ability to switch between tools, and later weapons, instantly will be critical to your survival. I actually found oftentimes on the PC version that 10 slots wasn't even enough.

2. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Where is the option to enable 10 slots? I can't find it.

3. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    NZ price?

4. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Both Terraria and JJX are $4.99 USD. So I'm assuming the $13 is the NZ equivalent.

5. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Guess not

6. Peachydharma

Peachydharma New Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Just fired this up and..... I can't figure out crafting stuff at all. Totally obscure tutorial. Looks like a lot of fun, but without walking me step by step on how to use the crafting menus, I'm just lost....

7. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Basically, crafting is separated into multiple tabs, which you can see by clicking the crafting menu and look to the left of your screen. The first/top tab is generally for furniture, the next is for weapons, followed by armor, etc. Items that you can craft have highlighted icons, while items that you can't are dulled out. Crafting is as easy as finding out which materials you need, clicking the item that you want, and pressing the green craft button.

8. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Buying this now. :D:D:D

9. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Hopefully, Edge of Space content is coming to the IOS version as well.

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Can anyone confirm this port does not have pets?

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Seriously?

It's got multiplayer, something that alone is worth the price of admission, not even considering all the extra work and polish that went into expanding the game.

Yes yes yes yes.

Yes.

Yes!

Crap, I'd pay $10 extra for that feature.

12. $13 is both games put together in NZ terms, so pretty much spot on

13. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    The Terraria devs are generally good (if a little slow) with following up on updates. I wouldn't really be surprised if we saw multiplayer and new content in future updates, considering that the hardest part (getting the game to work on mobile) is already done.

14. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I understand your point, but I don't really play multiplayer and I have already got Junk Jack. The content definitely justified the price point and I like how the dev stand the ground of not dropping their price. So, I am going to get Terraria first then Junk Jack X is coming after that.

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This game is amazing. Really impressed. If there was one thing Id like changes is the icon. (I know, I know) It just doesn't catch my attention. I love it so far. I hope multiplayer is eventually added.

16. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    So, this is like another off shoot of minecraft? I bought minecraft for the 360 ans survivalcraft for my iPad and I am bad at both..... This is like those?

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Anyone run to the edge of the map yet? Is it as big as the PC version? Minecraft and Terraria clones on iOS lead me to believe this is a tall order, but who knows? Maybe a little magic has been done.

18. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    #78 ChocoVanilla, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    I hate Minecraft, but love this game. This is much more of a RPG/platformer than Minecraft is/could ever hope to be. :p

There is a ton of focus on exploration, combat with numerous weapon types, tons of loot, and epic boss battles.

19. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Die hard fans will insist (and rightfully so) that it is much more than a minecraft clone.

Terraria boasts quite a bit more depth than minecraft in terms of items and crafting, as well as purpose

20. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Downloading. New to the genre, never really got into Minecraft but I'm gonna bite. This could be an exciting new fling :D