Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Is there any sort of multiplayer to this game?

2. D-Vader

D-Vader Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    Someone mentioned 10 item slot hotbar. I'm assuming that's iPad only?

no

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Multiplayer is more than enough justification if you ask me.

I hope Terraria gets it too eventually.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yup. It'd be cool if we could save on iCloud so that we could play on both the iphone and iPad with the progress syncing into both devices.

5. Glamrod

Glamrod New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    No multiplayer? Sigh...

I have this for 360 and its brilliant. I also have junk jack for ios but again no multiplayer. Even bought the recipe book and lost interest.

World builders just aren't as fun without people to share ideas and build with.

Skipping this for now.

New jack junk it is ^_^ (multiplayer) lol

6. explosivelimes

explosivelimes Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Game Designer
    Louisville, KY
    Game Impressions

My first impressions for Terraria running on iPad 3rd Gen. It's slick. Super slick. I am surprised at how well the touch controls translated! I like being able to pinch zoom to build with detail. The auto mining gets only a little wonky but is good about 95% of the time.

There are some music bugs though that made me turn music off altogether though. Anyone else experience multiple songs playing on top of one another? It gets overpowering really quickly. It's like if you standing in the middle of where two biomes meet the game doesn't know which music to play so it plays both biome's songs at the same time.

Opening and closing doors goes crazy if you're moving slowly. :)

These are minor things and I am confident the devs will address them as soon as they are able. I think JJX and Terraria were both rushing to be the first. I have more experience with Terraria and didn't really connect with the first Junk Jack so this was an easy choice for me.

I'd love to hear more opinions from long time PC Terraria users like me.

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#47 Bronxsta, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    How do I place doors? I'm in the tutorial after you have to remove three wood blocks and it says touch above the space to place the door. But all I'm doing is hitting with the door.

Controls are great by the way. The zoom window is a smart addition for smaller screens

Oh and this is my first time playing Terraria on any system

8. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I don't really play multiplayer though. I like how Junk Jack dev never change the price of their original game, so people won't be waiting around for a price drop for the new one either.

9. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    After playing the PC version for hours I just felt that I had to buy this game straight away when I saw it was released. :)

10. Bronxsta

Same here. I don't touch MP in games so the RPG elements, permadeath mode, and the possibility for huge content updates are the big draws for me

11. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    @bronxsta

To put a door. Have the 3 spaces cleared, then tap the bottomest square. Should go no problem, I put 2 down without incident.

I am playing on iPad, so the 10 item hot bar may be iPad only, I haven't loaded it up on the phone yet.

12. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    The game plays pretty slick and looks amazing. Still getting used to the controls, but I prefer them over the original junk jack's. I've put a lot of hours on terraria on PC and easily recommend it over junk jack. The original lost my interest. If you are sitting on the fence, get terraria.

13. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Have the door selected in your quick bar and just tap ON the empty space. I didn't actually notice what that part of the tutorial said as I'm familiar with the other Terraria versions but you should always tap on the spot that you want to place an object.

14. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    I had trouble with the PC version. They threw you into the deep end and basically expected you to figure everything out.

I heard that they fixed the learning curve on iOS? Is this true?

15. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    How do i set it so i can spawn in my house?

16. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Any chance there's multiplayer?

17. Bronxsta

Thanks, I must have been touching the bottom square. Thinking you have to attach the door to a block Minecraft-style.

Is there a way to hide the hotbar? It really clutters the screen on a smaller screen and I want to enjoy the background art.

18. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    The tutorial this time around is pretty in-depth imo. It includes everything you need to know to start off well in the game. The rest you should easily be able to figure out as you explore around the world.

You need to craft a bed and put it in your house.

19. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    You have to get cobweb and craft it into silk at a loom. Then you can craft a bed and set it as your spawn location.

20. Both this and Junk Jack X on the same day...there goes $13

Let's see if this lives up to the ginormous hype from everyone then