Universal Terra Monsters 2 (by Social Titans)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SocialTitans, Mar 21, 2015.

1. traynrek

traynrek New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    A backpacker voucher would be excellent, sign me up! I'm enjoying the game and understand why the developers chose to make the catch rates rather difficult. It is after all a free game and better bait can be purchased with IAP but it's not required to enjoy the game. I'm hoping the game stays interesting and I'm going to continue to play it along with my 6 year old son who is a fan of pokemon and monster collecting games. Definitely worth a try for pokemon enthusiasts.

2. Miaaaou

Miaaaou Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Hi. I play on a 4S too and I sometimes experience crashes. But the game is lagging as... Never mind I love these pkmn-like :)

3. SocialTitans

SocialTitans Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Hey Miaau! Thanks for checking out our game and giving us feedback. I've fixed the colliders on the Mishi map now, no more lake walking :) Glad you're enjoying the game. We'll balance the economy in the game for sure, we want to strike a balance so that you don't suddenly get so rich that the money is meaningless to you, one little tip is that you can go into the guild buildings on and repeat the battles in there (the trainer on the left is the weakest) if you ever need that extra 30 coins!

Venox is a new Terra Monster for this game so he appears near the end of the Terrapedia, I think he's on page 19. Thank again for the kind comments, it really means a lot to us.

Oh and also with the crashing, is there anything in particular that will trigger a crash or the game to be laggy? Like andrew said we havent had much of a chance to test on iphone4's but we'll def try and get our hands on one to optimise it.

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

That would be fantastic. Count me in!

5. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Good game so far. I was a little disappointed in the ads. I wanted to play a bit of free but the ads popped up so often is was unplayable. I purchased the backpacker.

The game starts off pretty hard. I then realized wait I should catch another monster!

Also I poured all my skill points into a skill and maxed it thinking it would make it much more great but instead it's really mediocre. Pretty sad about that.

On my iPhone 6+ all the text along the bottom (buffs and such) cover the skills buttons and I have to wait for those to clear. Generally the text displayed needs to be cleaned up slightly if possible.

Seems very linear so far. Hoping for some exploration / monster catching soon.

6. Miaaaou

Oct 3, 2014
    There isn't only the lake walking. For eg, at the very beginning of the game, when you go next to a house on fire, the last one, bottom right corner. There are some trees, well you can go through some of you find the good spot :p but that's not the "worse" you can actually skip the whole beginning, when you do this bug, you can skip all the monsters and trainers and go straight away to Mishi. And this again allows you to go through a lake :p I have the screenshots but idk how to post them on TA (the add an attachment doesn't work...)
    No but it seems that you can't catch some Monster with a good rate. I don't know because I don't have that much experience in the game. But do you always only win $30 per fight won?
    Oh and talking about some stuff to add to the game. Ok I understand about the Ranch thing, but WHY when I check my ranch with icon, why do I always get teleported to the ranch station? That's just SOOOOO annoying. Maybe when you put one Monster on Rest, then it will rest quicker but please don't teleport the player to the Ranch! Maybe Rest by walking, not at an incredible rate for not making it way too OP, but still would be a great help, and less annoyance.
    I still can't see Venox... Neither its evolution... But well :) oh and could we even get to know where the Monsters that we have seen in a battle and that we would like to catch, where they are on the map? Could we also know what Monsters are rare/unique?

Anyways hope my feedback helps! :) and the iPhone 4S is now getting old so it's 'normal' to experiment lags and crashes. The least is the best :D

7. 9lives1968

9lives1968 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I would love a voucher as well. Thanks Dave

8. 9lives1968

9lives1968 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I have an a 4s as well and the game crashed due to the ad after the end of the first battle during tutorial. When I went to press the close ad button it just froze and would not return me to the game. My cloud save is the same name as here. Thanks Dave

9. andrew2110

andrew2110 Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Thanks for all the comments and interest. I've now replied to all my PM's asking for a voucher, hopefully these will all work for you. Sorry for the delay in getting these sent out

10. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Hey dudecoolguyman! (nice name :))

We can change the frequency of ads on the fly so we can keep balancing that. We do need to find a sweet spot with it because ideally we do want people to pay for the unlocked/ offline version, if the game proves itself enough to a player that they want to commit to the 20+ hour story (for me anyway). But we also don't want to alienate players that will not/cannot pay for a mobile game... while not shooting ourselves in the foot.

Yeah I too found the start of the game pretty hard too! I added in a free ultra bait just after you save Zina from the chicklit and mothball. Did you get that? Catching that second monster early makes the progression so much easier.

I'm glad the move tree makes you think about what moves your investing your points into - a little tip, pay attention to whether your monster is strong at melee or defence then invest in the equivalent branch. The top is always range, the middle is always melee and the bottom is always utility/supporting moves (Healing, buffs etc)

The text at the bottom is as designed but I agree if there are a lot of buffs it can slow down battle a little bit, we do need to find a nicer solution to that.

How far into the game are you? We will be adding in more content to the game to help players explore off the beaten path a little more.

11. 9lives1968

9lives1968 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I caught the second monster and it tells me I have captured it but I can't find it when I go into my farm. What happened to it?

12. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    If that's the Wolvus from the catching tutorial you give that one back to the NPC don't worry a little further a long the trail you get given a free ultra bait.

13. Miaaaou

Oct 3, 2014
    Hi again. I'm just letting you know that when you arrive in the Namanja village/region, well thanks to/because of the bug of going through trees, lakes and all this, you can actually go through the whole village without even being a Namanja, like it is requested. :p but you can do the quests inside it without being a part of their 'tribe'.
    Srly I reckon you will need to change a bit of your map's boundaries... :)

14. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Haha thanks for giving our borders a rigorous test Miaaaou! Tomorrow I'll go through all the maps with my duct tape and try and trap you into the right areas! ;)

15. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I've spent a couple of hours with the game and really like the "bones" of it. It has a great framework to build upon and feels more like Pokemon than most of the other IOS monster capture games that have been released over the years. The fact that it doesn't resort to IAP for a random chance at obtaining a top class monster is a huge testimony to this development shop.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against IAP. I'm happy to pay for doubles, unlocks, and other components that fund development and maintenance on games. However, I detest paying money and not knowing what I am going to get. Even when I play the lotto I know what my odds are and what I can win. But I digress....

I don't mind the ads as a component of completing each battle - that feels right to me. However, the entering and leaving of buildings feels a bit too heavy handed right now - it actually discourages exploring locations to some extent. At the very least I would consider making it only once per building interaction.

There appears to be a lot of depth in terms of the move skillets and customization/specialization options. Not everything is fully intuitive by description (they rarely are), but it would be worth providing an option to respec. I don't think it should be unlimited, but if you allow a rollback of a certain number of points (possibly a % of all points allocated to that monster?) that would be fair in the case of a very bad choice. Of course, you could also provide a currency based option to respec, either in-game or IAP.

I want to get a bit more time hands on with the combat, but it would be nice to be able to accelerate the txt (both in and out of combat). I also find the prompt to select an action to be unnecessary after the tutorial and would suggest removing at that stage as it only takes away from the UI.

Another random point, the interaction button often overlaps the setting/configure button on an IPad Air 2 (possibly other devices). You may want to consider shifting the location as I've often intended to press the interaction button on the world map and opened up the settings screen instead.

Overall I think this has a ton of potential and look forward to sinking in more time. I'm very likely going to put a few dollars into the game to remove the ads, but would certainly love a promo if handed out. I would likely further purchase a higher end package in the future if the next few hours of gameplay hold to the early stages.

16. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Hey Talaen!

Wow, thanks so much for that feedback it's really invaluable to us and a lot of your points are bang on. I'll reply in depth a bit later on.. I'll just PM you a voucher.

17. 9lives1968

9lives1968 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I never could get the voucher to work for me so I went ahead and purchased the backpack option to get rid of the ads. No more crashing or freezing up on my 4s now. Thanks for your help and offer though. The devs have been quick to reply and that's the main reason why I went ahead and purchased the iap for this game. It truly is the closest to a pokemon game I have played on my iPhone and I have most of all the real poke games on 3ds and ahem emus lol Dave

18. Miaaaou

Oct 3, 2014
    #38 Miaaaou, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Alright! So I've got some questions! ;)
    Why, when you have a monster it sometimes shows 2 capacities, like Earth and Water for eg, and when you try to get these 2 capacities by going in the menu, you can only see Water and not Earth, or vice versa?

Are there any legendaries?

Will the next update release the PvP mode?

Who is Howard (aka the best player (the dude that stands next to the guild of Mishi, says "The best is Howard, hail to Howard") ?

Do we get anything after beating a guild?

Is there the possiblility to be quicker, and by this I don't mean the 'robot dog' but actually, like in Pkmn, the "Fly-to-a-city" option?

Thank you :D

PS: I will report more bugs ;)

19. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Hey Miaaou!

Can you give me an example of a monster that shows two elements? And when you say menu do you mean the move tree tabs?

There are legendaries. 7 from TM1 will be making the jump over and one brand new one - we're not sure how we're going to let the users catch the newest one might be a reward for PvP battle victories.

The next update will have the PvP beta (I think it just went live in android). Howard is actually one of my test accounts... so maybe we'll hold back on PvP so I can be the best in the game forever! ;)

When you beat a guild you will get a badge I'm also planning it so that in order to start the legendary quest line you have to be a member of every guild.

There isn't any fly to city functionality just yet, but it's def on the list (after rolling out PvP, general bug fixing and improvements and move point resets) So it may take us a while to get round to it!

20. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Thanks again Talean I'll try and give you an indepth reply now!

It's really heartening to be compared to the others in that light. And I'm happy to hear you think we've got it right with the way we're funding the development of our games. I agree what you're saying about the ads that it might be a better balance to have them after battles but not on map changes. We will look into making this change.

The move assignment system is probably one of the major aspects that separates this instalment from the others out there, I agree we can make the whole presentation of that a little more user friendly and easier to understand for a new player. Right now I'm not sure people grasp what going down the right branch can do for your strategy in battles. Resetting move points is something we've had on the list for a while, it is one of the most requested features at this point so it will happen, probably after we launch PvP and get it stable.

Agreed on streamlining battle, and speeding up the move text. I'll get my hands on an iPad Air 2 and check out the overlap and make the UI adjustments.

Thanks again for giving us a lot of really valuable feedback, hope you enjoy the game!