Universal Terra Battle (by Mistwalker Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Reveirg

Reveirg New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Honestly, I think this game simply attracts some Sakaguchi fans that normally don't play F2P mobile games.

That's the case for me, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

2. terrabyte

terrabyte Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    iOS Dev
    Pilipinas
    #42 terrabyte, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Nothing to be suspicious here, just simply enjoying a well-made RPG puzzle game (from what I played so far).

I just discovered this game a couple of days ago and joined this forum to learn more about the game from fellow gamers. (i.e. It was not clear at the start that you can get additional characters from battles aside from paying 7k or 5 energy to recruit)

3. teasel

teasel New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    bosses can drop too, one of the bosses dropped and it turned out to be a B ranked unit

at least this one called mantledrake did

this game is fairly new and only avaiable in canada, so there aren't a lot of people talking about it, i saw people talking about it here and so decided to register... what's suspect about it?

4. terrabyte

terrabyte Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    iOS Dev
    Pilipinas
    Just recruited another character using 5 energy and got Sorman the Sage, a B class mage healer character.

What did you get for your 5 energy recruit?

5. terrabyte

terrabyte Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    iOS Dev
    Pilipinas
    Nice, time for me to farm the boss battles!

6. Reveirg

Reveirg New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Just completed Chapter 2, and it seems clearing a chapter completely restores Stamina.

So as long as you don't lose your battles, I'm guessing you can keep playing non-stop?

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well the good thing about this game is that I haven't run out of stamina yet since play sessions are so long. But I'm wary of writing that because they might change it. Though level costs DO increase so that scares me.

8. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Well i also started playing yesterday, all i have got to say beside the online connection the rest is f2p done right but i wouldn't said that to loud (remember RR3)

In any case the most time i have spent in one sitting have been two hours and the timer didn't bother me a single time but as well so far i haven't lost so far the most challenging was the final one in chapter 3

The gameplay is not as simple as it looks since in later chapters you can't just be doing simple moves instead you have to think well your moves to place as most of you characters in a fighting position

Like the rest here i also think the artworks and everything is great and having that vagrant story, ff tactics, ffXII feels is even better, from the music there is not much to say just looks who made it (i'm loving more and more the menu theme)

terrabyte the game give you the warrior at the start? i haven't been trying to find that one but with no luck so far

My party so far is this one, Bahl, Ra'prow (go it with using 5 energy) and the Lizardfolk hero (drop from final battle at chapter 3) are B Class the rest are just C and D

I may ended up either 10$ or 15$ on iap is everything continue to go as well during the worldwide release

Attached Files:

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Pretty disappointed. I used 5 energy and got by far the ugliest character. It's a A class fat guy.. And he's completely ugly to boot... So much for good art. Tbh I'm a bit upset after saving that up and getting something that I was hoping I wouldn't get. I just wanted anything that looks remotely good. Now I'm stuck with this guy.

10. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    care to share a pic?

to be honest Ra'prow isn't that great looking either the lizarfolk hero looks better imo

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #51 L.Lawliet, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Sure thing! Trust me, your lizard guy even in that thumb looks way better (unless he happens to also be morbidly obese). Aside from that, I totally want those heroes you got! I'll have to grind chapter 3 then :p

Here's my superstar 5 energy hero that's better than the lead character apparently:
    [​IMG]
    yay...... Once I saw his name before the image appeared, I knew it was something bad. And his subname is punching bag? wtf...

And here's all the cards I have so far. I'm at the beginning of Chpt 4. Luckily I got a B rank Sabertooth king. That's the coolest monster I have. List by rarity/level.

[​IMG]

==============

Btw, where did you get the extra 1 energy? I thought the most you could have is 5 energy till today. Then you'd dispense all 5 for the rare unit? I'm at 0 right now and played since they launched (unless it launched before it was posted on TA).

12. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Im trying to get into this, but I dont understamnd the battles very well! Like why my team doesnt attack etc or anything really! Im stupid.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    It's actually hard to explain in text but basically the ONLY way to make people attack is to have one person on each side of the enemy (pincer). The whole strategy is how to make these attacks and kill the enemy before they kill you. And allies will help you attack (extra damage generally) as long as they are in the "line of sight" of the characters that are attacking. That's the simple lowdown. Give it a try!

14. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Ok thanks, ill keep trying! Thanks

15. teasel

teasel New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    my A unit was a little girl archer that has a small chance to automaticaly heal

[​IMG]

to be honest, i'd rather have something that has actual attack even if it's fat and it's called the punching bag

anyway i see some people started with a character called bahl instead of grace, care to give a rundown of her skills? grace has mostly special attack and self buff's so i assume this one is similiar?

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    lol man I love yours so much more. My guy is a fighter and has defensive buffs. He's okay now but we'll see where he goes. I'm half in it for the art (and the girls are drawn the best in this game) so if trading was possible, I would trade you. All the other characters I've seen look better than "punching bag". Even the ones that aren't human.

Bahl is really cool but I assume she's really close to the other starter since it wouldn't be fair. Good HP, Attack, Def. Her special is completely lame unless she's getting her butt kicked.
    * counterattack pincer 30%
    * attack up 30%
    * gigasword 40%
    * counterattack pincer 30%

^ as you can see, the 2 specials she has are low probability and mostly useless. To have her pincered by an enemy is rare and 30% is ridiculously low.

Btw can you put up an image of Grace? I wonder if I should have restarted to get her instead :p Bahl still looks pretty BA though.

17. teasel

teasel New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    sure

[​IMG]

and this is after her first job change (which happens after clearing chapter 4)

[​IMG]

18. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Don't worry Lawliet, my 5 energy draw just now may be uglier... Class A though at least.

Hmm... Having trouble posting a pick but he's a lizard man archer.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    We'll Need pictures of this infamous ugly archer you speak of… lol :D

Thanks for the pictures Teasel! I'm collecting them so i'll save these. Ahh your character actually looks great. I'm having trouble deciding which is better. What skills does she have?

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Haven't tried yet but I suspect that he simply manipulated the calendar of this device.
    Most free-to-play games use as time orientation the time of your device. That's a big mistake by the devs, when the game doesn't check the game server time and makes you able to exploit the daily bonusses.
    So, if you quit the game completely, then put your calendar on tomorrows date and start the game, you should get your daily Bonus for tomorrow. Quit and another day forward, and the next bonus is here. Rinse and repeat until satisfied. But I dunno if it works with this game, that's just how it normally works.