Universal Tentacles - Enter the Mind (By Flashbulb Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 9, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #21 LordShad0wz, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Hi all,

So I decided to take a look. I need to say right off the bat I am REALLY liking this game! I absolutely love the artwork, concept, gameplay, and the controls. I love the upgrade system as well as the IAP options.

To the devs,

I'm having a serious problem connecting to Facebook. It appears Gamecenter is connecting just fine but after Facebook loads up and I tap to authorize the game and tap continue the game opens back up and just hangs indefinitely saying "connecting to server". I have to force close the game and reload it. It's happened multiple times. This means I don't have cloud save because you didn't go with iCloud?

I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5 with the most recent Facebook and messenger updates on home wifi via cable internet connection.

EDIT- Holy crap my save was wiped. I lost my progress. All of my eyeballs I collected. My coins are at 0. I lost my egg. I lost my upgrades. All of it is gone. I repurchased my goose and it restored that atleast but Damn.

Billy

2. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Hi Devs, I love the idea of this game, the character is one of the most original ones I've seen in a long time.

But there are a few too many bugs. I just was able to connect to Facebook and lost ALL my progress! Also, sometimes on of the tentacles will freeze at random while still moving the character around.

Will be back when progress won't be deleted at random because I want to see more of this!!!

3. Flashbulb - Jamie

Nov 10, 2016
    QA
    Copenhagen
    #23 Flashbulb - Jamie, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Hi Billy,

We're really sorry to hear about your issues. The only advice I can give right now is to just stay signed into Game Center (Game Center will handle your saves, both offline and cloud). We seem to be having authentication issues with our Facebook sign in, which we're currently trying to find a fix for.

I've sent you a private message asking for a bit more information so we can look further into your issues.

Edit - Seems your inbox is full, so I'll just ask here!

If you go into the Pause Menu and then Help and Options there will be a long string of letters and numbers in the bottom left of the window. Could you let us know what yours is? Either typing it out or a screenshot is fine. This will let us find you on our servers and take a deeper look at your profile.

Additional information that would be useful if you don't mind sharing - the name of the Facebook profile you're linking your save to, and your Game Center ID.

Hello!

Again, we're sorry about the issues you're experiencing! As mentioned above, we're currently trying to find a fix for the Facebook issues people are experiencing, and whilst we can't give a date on when it will be fixed, we can offer the advice that you just use Game Center for the time being.

I've also sent you a private message so we can get a bit more information from you and see what exactly is going wrong! Thank you so much for your patience!

- Jamie

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I had no idea this was a sequel, and when I first started playing I was blown away by how original and fun the concept is. I played it right before bed, and ended up having a dream that I was still playing. When I woke up, I thought it was so weird I must have dreamed the game up entirely. But nope, it's real!

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi,

I apologize. I get lots of messages. I didn't realize my inbox is full. I'll have to clean it out tonight when I have more time.

To answer you. Things have gotten worse. I can't even follow your instructions. I went to play the game and get the information you requested and the game will not load. See the picture attached. It just hangs. I'm probably going to uninstall and reinstall to start over from scratch. unless you tell me otherwise? I can't even play now.

Billy

Attached Files:

6. Flashbulb - Jamie

Nov 10, 2016
    QA
    Copenhagen
    Hi again Billy, did it do that constantly? Even after closing the app and opening it again? We've seen that happen a single time but closing the app and restarting it has made it load as normal. Let me know if you're still having issues after the latest update we released!

Anyway, in case any of you didn't see - we submitted a new update yesterday which I believe should now be live, so be sure to update when you can! The save issues should be fixed!

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #27 LordShad0wz, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    BAM!

Update worked. I followed the instructions in the release notes and absolutely no issues!

Loving the game now! Nice job on the quick fix! Seriously that's great support!

Let's support these devs people. I definitely recommend purchasing the x4 coin multiplier. It's worth the money.

Billy

8. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Ok, so the update worked in terms of fixing the Facebook/Gamecenter issue, however it seems to have caused a new bug. For some reason I can no longer watch video ads to get hammers. I was able to do so a few minutes ago. And then decided to try logging into Facebook and it worked. And since that time the videos won't play for the hammers and I get an error saying "No ads were available for you to watch..."

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #29 LordShad0wz, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Exit out of the game.

Go to settings, privacy, advertising.

Tap on reset advertising identifier.

Wait a moment.

Load the game up and Try to watch the ads again and see if that helps.

Billy

10. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Alright the ads thing fixed itself actually. But now I'm seeing another error. And it's been there since installing the update.

For some reason any time I close out of the game entirely and then re-open it the "golden goose" iap disappears and needs to be reloaded by clicking "purchase" again. And the "Restore purchases" button doesn't work in this situation.

(Sorry to keep posting these bugs.)

11. Flashbulb - Jamie

Nov 10, 2016
    QA
    Copenhagen
    Don't be sorry imusic, it brings them to our attention which means we can get them fixed! It genuinely helps us improve the game for everyone. We're aware of the issues you've mentioned and are currently working on an update for the game!

12. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA.
    I installed the update. It fixed all the old problems but unfortunately added a new problem. The ad videos will play back sound but the screen remains black. And once the video is done playing you're stuck in the subsequent menu and the only way to get out is to force-quit the app. This is on an iPhone 7, running the newest iOS.

13. kmccormi

kmccormi New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    #33 kmccormi, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Does the game crash if your screen auto-rotates accidentally

14. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    Hey everyone!

Good news to all of you who were reminiscing about Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin.

Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin is back on the App Store. If you purchased it way-back-when, it should be available to download for free. https://itunes.apple.com/app/id536040665

It now includes the expansion "Dog Eat Dog" free of charge! No IAPS, no ads - just like the old days.

Happy holidays!

15. GamerOfAllGames7998

GamerOfAllGames7998 New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Constant Bug

I got the game a few days ago and I absolutely love it. I play it every day to get the daily reward and I now have about 200 eyeballs.
    But a problem has occurred every once in a while. When I open the game sometime, it has me start over, and usually to fix this I just restart the game and I have my progress back. But this morning when I tried restarting the game to get my progress back, it didn't work. I really don't want to have to start over.

16. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    Hey GamerOfAllGames7998! We are actually working on a progress loss fix right now. Would you mind if I hooked you up with our QA guy so we can test the fix together? Write an e-mail to [email protected]

17. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    We just released a major bug fix update for Tentacles - Enter the Mind. It should be live on the App Store now. Check it out if you have the time and let us know if you (unexpectedly) encounter any bugs. We're also featured on the App Store again!
    [​IMG]