Universal Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin (By Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    As long as you press the screen, no ;P

2. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Add iPad 3 retina display support update dev!

3. Are there bosses in Wimp? I played a lot of Wimp and haven't come across any, but haven't solved the game like you have.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I really thought the devs nailed an intuitive control scheme that suited the platform with this, I have only played the WP7 version but I'd imagine this to be much the same here. It does tend to get a bit repedative but can be forgiven due to its uniqueness.

Next WP7 game I'd like to see would be ilomilo, cute as a button and mind numbingly tricky.

5. rocklobster

rocklobster Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    #105 rocklobster, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    First game I've bought and liked in months. I'm stuck on level 7 with the worm, but until the talk of bosses it didn't occur to me I should fight it. Hmmmmmm. (ps: can't believe this is Microsoft.)

6. So far, find it fun, but it is pretty hard, but maybe I don't have the technique right. It would have been cool too if the game had a little more cuteness to it like the creature smiling, smirking, or grimacing or something. Kind of hard to describe what I mean, but sometimes it seems kind of mechanical and masculine.

Great game though, everyone buy it!

7. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    They're on the last level of each world.

8. Diga

Diga New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Played the first three levels. Great control mechanics! One of these games, which suits a touch device perfect. For me one of the highlights of the last weeks.

9. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Perfect touch controls and beautiful graphics, topped up with an absurdly funny storyline. Only thing putting me off is the 3 star rating system. I mean, it doesn't feel right to progress to the next level without getting 3 stars in the previous one. This can be time consuming. Well, it's just me.

10. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
  11. Yeah, that is what I like about this game, it seems to have been designed for the touchscreen and has solid gameplay. Feels like a
    Console quality game to me. I got microsoft makes more games for ios
    Cause i am sure there are some good xbox games that would work well on ios.

12. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Really want to give this a shot. Smashing but button. Will post impressions soon.

Fast

13. Not one of the very best ios games, but it is a great game. Well worth the buck price tag. Let us know what you think.

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Amazing production values, catered for touchscreeen, amazing art, highest polish, videos, something new... IMO it has a lot of qualities to become one

15. #115 Connector, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    Pretty good review on appadvice

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/10/hiddengem-tentaclesenterthedolphin

Main issues seem to be repetiveness and being kind of hard for them. Which is probably fair, but all other comments are good about the game. I just wonder if females would like the game cause it is kind of seems like a masculine game to me, any females here like it?

16. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Uhm, DUH!! Yeah! Bought it and love it. Why on earth would being female affect how I like or dislike this game?! Or was that just lame attempt to out some fems on this site?

It's colorful, it has great music, a creepy protagonist, an interesting story, the controls work great -- what's not to like? Male or female?!

As a molecular biology major, I love this game! It's our worst nightmare come true. So cool!

17. Duh! Maybe I shouldn't have asked, haha. I was just kind of curious cause this game isn't that cutsie and all and seems kind of masculine in the graphics, music, and theme and all. Kind of how some games like Nova 3 seem more for males I suppose. And the game is a little on the hard side, not that that should matter whether you are male or female I suppose.

And I'm not trying to say that girls would just like games like Cut the Rope or Angry birds or anything, and maybe I'm just digging myself into a bigger hole, haha, but was just a little curious that's all.

So thanks for your response! And glad to see some girls on this board, we sure need them!

18. Yeah, I agree with you 100%, that is why I said it was a great game in the same sentence, but to me, if it just added just a little more pizazz, it could be to me, one of the best games on ios.

But I can't quite identify what that is, whether it is adding more cuteness to the game, making the game a little less repetitive or hard, or something else.

It would be kind of cool to me if they could add some functions with 2 or 3 finger taps, like a teleport, or a smart bomb, or something like that. Actually maybe that smart bomb with a radius would work great in this game with a two finger tap, I don't know if any of the developers read this, but it would be kind of cool.

Hopefully they will update this game sometime and add some more things to the game, I am curious to see how Microsoft feels about updates, after all that is what they are famous for in Windows, constant updates.

Anyway, great game, if it were me, I would rate this game 4.25 stars out of 5 I think. How would you rate it on a 5 star scale?

19. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=158473][​IMG][/thread] [thread=157555][​IMG][/thread] [thread=158201][​IMG][/thread] [thread=158885][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=158571][​IMG][/thread] [thread=158413][​IMG][/thread] [thread=158550][​IMG][/thread] [thread=158461][​IMG][/thread] [thread=158556][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    03/10/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to play your guts out with the black tentacled creature, Lemmy?

[size=+3][thread=158611]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    10-10-2012 at 06:23 PM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    The AppStore is full of cute titles sporting cartoons, this is indeed a welcome change... I love it... As for repetitive, its the insides of a body so yes, it should feel congruent... As for hard, the challenges are challenging ;P

This is one of the most uniques games out there, something new thats worth more than any other regular game out there. I will always praise new stuff over rehashed and this got mine