Universal Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    How much is the VIP IAP?

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yes, it shows a very interesting control system. :)
    The original game was as it had to be... I played Super Tennis recently and it's not as fun as I remembered.

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    VIP is tier 1, so 79 english pence / 99 cents (I think?).
    It gets you no Ads, Double XP rate (which earns you coins, star points and other rewards each time the bar fills) halves the cost of scouting opponents, plus a 70 Coin bonus.

The Super Bundle with lots of the consumables, 100 Coins, plus clothing colours and shirt type unlocks is Tier 2.

There are also coin packs at Tier 1 and Tier 2, for 100 and 300 coins respectively.

Coins are used for scouting, adding energy drinks, fresh shoes and strings which can be used to boost your player a bit before each match.

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #64 Uprising Elton, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Yes, Super Tennis is really hard when you go back to it. So fast, and the swing timing is very difficult to get right. Absolutely loved it at the time though!
    One part of it I wanted to get into STC, was the way cross court winners felt in Super Tennis. If you time the swing perfectly (generally hitting ball late in the swing when going accross the body) and that system is in the new game too, and feels great when you catch one perfectly.

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    So if I purchase the Super Bundle will it remove the adds and get me the coin doubler?

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #66 Uprising Elton, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    No, the super bundle is just consumables + clothing options you normally earn more gradually. The VIP needs to be a restorable status, so it they are seperate.
    On my original SSC 2013, I made the "unlock" part of a non-restorable consumable purchase, and I got ripped to shreds in a forum not too far from here (ahem) as it meant it couldn't be transfered to a different device and was "too confusing"..

I think I've set it up as pretty good value, nothing above Tier 2 pricing.. if you get VIP, your need for coins diminishes a bit anyway, and you earn them faster as you can level up faster. If you need more then the smaller coin pack would probably be enough.
    (even with VIP, if you pop into the shop you can still choose to watch an ad for coins too)

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I was thinking about getting both the VIP and the Super B to support you anyway ^^ by the way is the new SSC on its way? If you need the j-League latest squad update I have it and could share it with you. Hopefully both J1 and J2 will be in.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Will PM you about the team data when I get to it.. going to have a little break before going back to SSC'16. (the wife needs some attention after a lot of extra work time dedicated to finishing TC:R!) Would like to add 2 divisions at least whereever I can as it adds a lot of depth. The project is in good shape though, so when I'm back into it I'll have more news.

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Great, then let me know when you need my help, I'll gladly send you the entire J1 + J2 players' data.

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Fair pricing, I bought Tappy Lap ads remover to support (a tiny support...)
    Ah, italian translation is not complete and not-so-good, it feels very "by Google".

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks! Sorry about the translation quality. It was a bit of a test as I'd not localised anything before. Google translate and some friends improved the obviously awful parts.

Tappy Lap was done pretty quickly from having the idea. Tested it, enjoyed playing it myself.. So I polished it up and put it out in about 1 month. Shame its had so few downloads as I was pretty happy with how it turned out #

12. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    I quite enjoyed Tappy Lap. Still do occasionally play it.

Perhaps the name is not most appealing to even hard core/retro gamers!?! I only heard about it by following you...

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Based on what you said, the energy system does limit play no? If you have to "rest" your player or "top off with an energy drink" that means there is a play limiting energy system in place.

Unless I read it wrong in which case I apologize.

14. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    You have to rest for a simulated week, not for X actual hours.
    i.e. You are too low on energy before Wimbledon, you have to rest or you could have a energy drink (or a hyperbaric chamber like Nole :D)

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #75 Uprising Elton, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    The bit you are missing there is that the energy is recovered by saying "rest" rather than entering a tournament. The character is then back at full health, and it's the next week in calendar and you continue.
    There is no wait time / monetisation "pay to skip" involved. It's about prioritising the tournaments you think you can win early on to enter them with peak energy. Stamina is a player attribute you can improve which also lets you enter more tournaments as you tire less quickly. (more energy is lost for losing a match than winning (psychological!) so if you win the event, you're more likely to be able to roll into the next one.

You can choose to play on when tired anyway and top up 30% energy per match using energy drinks if you have them (the awards for daily challenge and levelling up can include them) but for those that want to use coins to get more, its simply an accelerator that might let you enter more tournaments a year and therefore climb rankings faster.

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Oh, I didn't want to be harsh! :eek:
    Tell me if you need some italian translations. ;)

Yep, it's simple but funny.

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Tennis Champs isn't currently localised, but I'll let you know if and when I add other languages, thanks!

18. der we

der we Active Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Hello Elton, is there a release tomorrow possible? Have you heard something?

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not yet. Still in the queue for Apple review. Nothing I can do to speed it up at this point :(

20. der we

der we Active Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Ok it is really too bad, but then we Must have patience and if you will hear something let us know about