Universal Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Both Wawrinka and Federer are out... So upsetting T-T I know feel like playing SSC 16 but I'll still buy this game right away after its out

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I'd like to play this game just now, but I think it's right dev took his time to improve it, too.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I totally agree

4. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for being patient! Good news.. just in final testing now and should go into submission tonight.

Videos will be posted by this time tomorrow :)

5. der we

der we Active Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Thats are wonderful News and i am happy to Play the Game

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Great news

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    We want videos! :D

[​IMG]

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Small Game Preview Video.. Longer one to follow

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    A bit of action from starting a career, Character customising, the stroke play tutorial (skipped serving and movement to get into he action).

10. der we

der we Active Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Looks great i Hope the game will released this week

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    OMG, monkeys are screaming louder and louder now! :D
    Can't wait!

12. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Elton, how about MFi controls? The actual gameplay seems more suitable for touch controls, but maybe I am wrong.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Controllers are a great fit, although I've not implemented support as yet. Will come in an update shortly after launch.

14. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Do you know which date the game will launch on?

It's looking superb!!!!!

15. der we

der we Active Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Elton, only one Question, will the Game a Premium title or free with in apps to buy??

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Ok! Day one here, this is really a dream come true (that ATPesque career... :))

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #57 Uprising Elton, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Exact launch date is TBD, as it's in the review queue now and there's a chance of getting the game looked at by app store editorial.. so if anything "nice" comes of that, I might have to schedule it as I'm asked to. But I'll be able to put it out in 1 or 2 territories as soon as it goes through review anyway.

The title is Free to download. There are some interstitial ads and forced video ad watches if you continue to play for free (they are phased in) but there's a "VIP status" IAP that removes them, and gives a few other bonuses.
    You can always opt in for advert views to earn coins that can be used on player boosts and energy*, and buy packs of coins and a super value bundle with energy drinks and Star Points (to speed up character progression).

*energy is not a real time, play limiting system. It's merely your players energy level that means you might have to rest rather than enter a tournament for a simulated week (depends if you've got coins / energy drinks to top up with, if not, you'll need to rest. Part of the game is working out which tournaments you want to go for, and when to rest. Update 1 will add a trophy room so you can see which titles you are missing). Career weeks can be played as quickly as you like, so if you wanted to play a whole year in a few hours, you can without being asked to pay.

The daily challenge system rewards you with star points and coins for passing the current day's challenge, too.

18. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Fantastic news Elton. Great to hear VIP unlock is in there and no real F2P paywalls for those that opt for the ads version. Sounds like a good balance between pure premium and f2p.

Fingers crossed it gets editorial status too! That would be awesome for game marketing.

Well done - really looking forward to it!!!!

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    A question: was the original Tennis Champs more inspired by Super Tennis or by Final Match Tennis?

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Super Tennis :) The intention was to do "Super Tennis, but on the Amiga" as Amiga Power might have put it..

Although the original got great scores (93% The One Amiga, 92% Amiga Power, 90% Amiga Format (AF Gold award)), it was far, far too hard against the computer. 4 player mode really made it. I have said of the new game "It's Tennis Champs how you *think* you remember it".. In that the original hasn't aged that well really, but this is as good as that was in its day (if that makes sense!). It's close in spirit and style but is a far better game.

I hope to work out a way to do online multiplayer well for a future update too. Always difficult with potential latency, but I've got a few ideas of how to hide that I'm working on. Can't promise it'll work, but I hope "The 4 player mode of champions"(Amiga Power) will return at some point..