Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    LOVING this!!! One of the best tennis games I've ever played! Honestly killed my phone battery twice playing this.

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I think volley accuracy needs a little bit of a tweak too.. but the stats (particularly control) do help. remember, control dictactes what incoming ball you can handle. Not just sheer speed and spin, but the height and the vertical velocity of the ball are also factors.. the better the control stat, the less of an impact these factors have.. so even with perfect volley accuracy stat, if you don't have the control and the incoming ball is hit hard at you, or has lots of spin, you're less likey to hit a good volley

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Better return AI to prevent that is on the way.. but I wold say if you've worked that you and use it, you're just depriving yourself of the satisfaction of playing a good point!! :) :)

4. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG

the game is prefect !! just a little advice if you can add more sound effects like the player breathing out when he hits harder would be much cooler , anyway, ithis no doubt will be my permanent game list. keep it up !!!

5. penguin_tri

penguin_tri Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Camera end

I'm enjoying the game so far but just wondered if there's an option anywhere to keep my player at the bottom of the screen? I really struggle with all the games where I'm at the top of the screen.

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not yet, looking into adding it as I've had more than a couple of people ask this now.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Thanks for
    Listening.
    I've never liked a tennis game EVER
    Hell I don't even like Tennis

It has actually changed my view on the sport after playing

8. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    totally agree !! its much harder to play when i was on the top side of the screen

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    That's a cool compliment :) Wierdly, I'm not a massive tennis nut myself (I appreciate it, and watch the big tournaments) but think it makes a great video game! I felt the same about Ice Hockey when I played NHL '93 on the Megadrive!

10. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game allow career progress to be carried over to different devices?

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    not yet.. it's coming though. will require iCloud. should be in next update.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I feel the same about hockey. I've tried to watch it countless times yet it bores me to death, but I've always loved the Mega Drive/SNES titles and even later 3D ones.

Elton, I know it's already been asked before, but just to make sure....this is TC:R, right? I mean, you don't intend to release a premium version down the line, yeah?

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    No, this is it :) It's only going to grow, and VIPs will get *anything* I ever add to it without any further IAPs being needed. (oh, some upcoming custom Outfit options will have a coin cost, but it will always be 50% for VIPS, who earn coins faster and have less need for them, so will generally end up with a surplus)
    I'm not one to try and chase "whales".. ideally I'd prefer more people to be happy to pay once, as there are more than enough people to make this good for everyone.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You sir, are an honorable man. Plus, with the coin packs being priced the way they are, I'm sure anyone willing to support you further will have no issue buying a couple of them. :) I absolutely see no future of mine without TC:R on all of my devices, so I most certainly will be doing so every now and then.

15. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Games are getting a little harder now, nice!

Really great tennis game. My only complaints are the serving (which I'm sure will be fixed), the interface (a little unpolished, but not a big deal) and lack of online multiplayer.

Is online planned, by the way?

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I found a little bug: stats don't show break points that also are set points or match points.

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yep, it's a very tricky thing to do well, but I've got an idea I'm testing that should allow the game to play with zero local control latency.. (coding colleagues in the day job have assessed this approach as "madness", but I'm convinced it'll work :) )

I'll improve the interface a bit over time, too. As a 1 person dev it's challenging to get it all good :) Maybe I can invest in some assistance on a few things in future!

18. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    A rollback netcode?

19. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    That's great to hear, thanks!

Indeed, it's quite the accomplishment to do everything by yourself. Congrats on the great work. I hope it pays off to you.

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    If you were a woman I'd hug you. That was beautiful. You are the dev I'd gladly be a whale for.

Billy