Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Erickem

Erickem New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #1401 Erickem, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    I’ve started playing this because I heard so much about it. I think the game is a lot of fun. I’m only average with the controls but it’s a challenge and fun. I play on novice level. I took advantage of a pack to get an extra 20 skill points early on so I could compete better.

And then......Jeff.

Who is Jeff and why do I have to play him every single tournament? I’m still in year 1. Does he go away? I’ve noticed he levels with me, so he is always as good as me. Doesn’t matter if I’m 1 star or 5, he’s the same rating.

I find this very irritating. I know he’s meant to be a rival, but I know that if I have to keep playing this overpowered Jeff person time and time and time again, I’ll quickly lose interest in this game.

So yeah, please tell me about Jeff. He is annoying me.

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I'll be reducing the number of times you clash with the Rival in the next update. Busy putting the finishing touches on my other project at the moment, but it won't be long until I can get back to Tennis..

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
  5. DrPizza

DrPizza New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    #1405 DrPizza, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    I was wondering about Jeff too. I've beaten the poor guy 7 times in about 14 weeks. If there was a mental health stat his would be plummeting right now I'm sure.

EDIT: This is such a great game, I played it when it first came out and have just rediscovered it! Looking forward to the soccer game!

6. kingseaview

kingseaview New Member

Mar 15, 2018
    This game is awesome. I play with iphone with Touch mode. I saw some replay. The players approach the net in every point. There are also many comments on too difficult to win a point in baseline. But I usually stay in baseline like the video below.
    https://everyplay.com/videos/52371798

Any statistics shows the most common winning strategies?

7. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Does anyone else who plays this on iPhone X finds that it gets really hot while playing. The game can’t be that demanding can it?

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Seems there's a problem preventing Tennis Champs downloading from the US AppStore currently.
    It's been reported to Apple and I'm awaiting a response.
    Seems to have started about the same time I put SSC 2018 live on the US Store. Obviously this is a massive issue for me as it's my most successful game. :(

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    It might be the Ad system trying and failing / retrying to download content. I've not heard of this being a problem before.. I'll look into it though

10. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    That would be great thanks. I have the vip pass if that helps.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    OK, Tennis Champs is back working on the US AppStore after whatever went wrong seems to have corrected itself! Lost 48 hours of potential downloads and a few hundred places in the charts, but at least it's back!

Starting to think about a fresh update for this summer, so looking back though any suggestions on this thread..

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Just putting an update in that makes your Rival follow you into events less, so it's more a "Rival" and less of a "Stalker" :)

Putting together Season 3 next...

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Wimbledon special! the VIP in-app purchase (which removes ads) is currently 50% off!

14. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Is there a “restore IAP” option somewhere I’m missing? Bought VIP back in the day and just redownloaded

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1415 Uprising Elton, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    VIP will persist over reinstalls (as will your coins).
    If there is no “Restore” buttom in the middle of the bottom buttons on the shop screen, then you already have it!

16. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    That’s what I thought but I wanted to be sure! Thanks!

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Quick look at the new match features coming soon!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Quick look at one other ingame feature coming to S3 : Perspective camera mode. Now you can toggle the classic camera with a deeper 3D view at the tap of a button.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1419 Uprising Elton, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Just finishing up the TC Season 3 update and hope to have it in submission tonight! Should have a new video to share later today....

New Stuff!
    Pick your own rival: rank higher than them or beat them for bonus awards.
    Training more integrated into career. Weeks you "rest" allow training minigames / Doubles-matches to be played for Ability levelling + Energy replenishment
    Upgradable Doubles partner for use in training matches and daily challenge
    Bird's Eye Review system
    New "Perspective Mode" Camera choice.
    Further Improved Ball Physics
    Single Handed Backhand animation
    Roster of Characters refreshed.

20. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Just starting the game and getting used to moving around and hitting the ball and can see it'll be a fun game as I continue. One of the best tennis games I've played!