Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. dinga

dinga New Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Very much enjoy this game, Elton. And the new changes are great. I'm 5-star and have beaten everyone, but haven't gotten close to beating Pete yet. I'm not sure if this is so, but it feels as if besides his game being better than the other players, my player's game gets worse when I play him, which is a little frustrating if true. For instance, my serve returns don't have nearly the same velocity. Is this intentional? Is it my imagination? Anyway, great job on this.

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    No, it doesn't ever reduce your players stats. Empty bars on strings will reduce a maxxed out player a touch, as will a lack of energy, but nothing else reduces your power.

As better opponenents hit the ball harder at you, so this naturall will test your control a bit. Attempting to take the ball too early against such an opponent will mean its hard to hit a good stroke, so try not to rush in unless you've got him pushed back a bit and can transition to a volley.

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update is in with a few tweaks to make Novice setting a bit more forgiving.
    Re-added the auto swing if the ball is close and you've not not released or slid the button yet, as removal of that was causing players a bit of difficulty.
    This is just on Novice setting. Pro mode timing is completely in the hands of the player

4. Toejammer457

Toejammer457 New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Hey i just downloaded this game and couldn't find any sort of FAQ, so was wondering is the difference between novice and pro just the difficulty or is there more to it?

Kind regards in advance

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    In novice there's a fairly gentle increase of game speed so you can get used to the game gradually, and it also reduces the abilites of all opponents for a while until you've won a good number of matches. If you lose matches this progress jumps back a few steps. Eventually all players will reflect their true stats in terms of power / accuracy / speed, but there is slightly slower reaction times on the AI, as well as hitting with less perfect timing. The AI will also make more positional mistakes.

Pro mode skips or accelerates most of the "ease in" phase
    It also reduces the effect that perfect button timing has on your shots.
    In Novice, perfect timing has an incremental effect on the strokes power throughout the point. This is reduced a lot on Pro mode.

In Novice, there is also an automatic swing of the racket if the ball gets close but you've not yet released the button or swiped, which prevents the player missing so much. This is removed in Pro mode after the return of serve. This lets an expert player use *intentioanlly* late swing timing to get a more "open" angle on certain shots.

Cheers,

Elton

Oh, New update is out by the way! Please all do update your App Store reviews / ratings if you can, as it really does help!

6. Toejammer457

Toejammer457 New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Thank you very much that was very helpful... to be honest after a day i moved up to pro and im glad i did.
    I'll be sure to leave a review as this is probably the best tennis game i played on mobile. So glad i gave it another chance after getting annoyed with the tutorial a few months ago ��

Is there any future update on adding more people within the rankings ? Only because i feel ive progressed super quick and shouldnt be at a grandslam in my first season

All in all though great game
    5 star

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks. Not sure about expanding the Roster beyond 200, it's a lot of characters to set up and has to be done for both men and ladies. Also would increase the size of the save game quite a bit. I'll think about it and if it really would add more lengevity then I'll see what's possible..

8. gosuchowmein

gosuchowmein New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    win/loss

Hey, loving this game I have been playing it for a couple of months now. Just a suggestion - adding an overall win/loss ratio for my player in career mode, and if possible adding this in for the other players?

Keep up the good work!

9. darje8

darje8 New Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Hi, thanks so much for developing this game, for continuing to improve it, and for responding to posts on this forum. I've been playing way too much for about 6 months, and at this point I think I've pretty much maxed out. I've won all of the masters/champs and have about 15-20 more of the small tournaments to win before I've got them all. It's been a ton of fun, and I swear I have been a (somewhat) productive member of society in the meantime. A few notes:

• At this point, the top 5-10 players will score points against me and occasionally win a game, but I haven't lost a match in a long time. Is there anything that can be done to maintain their competitiveness or that's just how it is at this point?
    • There's nothing I can do with Skill Points anymore right? I've hit five stars everywhere and have 247 extra stars.
    • The training games vary widely in difficulty, especially the movement one. Do you think that one is particularly hard? I've really struggled to beat level 5 whereas the rest I've worked through even though there were tough moments.
    • I like the rival feature, but I wish he didn't come up every single time as the final opponent in a tournament. It takes away from part of the big fun of the game, which I think is feeling like you really know the other players and which ones give you trouble. I want to see Greg or Synex in the finals sometimes, not just Jeff!
    • It would be cool if you could play in doubles tournaments sometimes in career mode. Doubles is fun!

Anyway, thanks a bunch! I've had a ton of fun playing this game.

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Hi, sorry I've been away form the forums for a while as I've been really busy balancing life and work :)

Thanks for the great comments and feedback. I would like to do another good update towards the end of the year, as I've got another main project to finish first.

I do take on-board every suggestion. Something else to use the skill points on is a must I know, and I will look at some way to add challenge for players who have got really good. Doubles is definitely going to get some extra focus. (I'd really like to get that working online too, but that's a huge technical challenge.)

I'll try and squeeze in one more tuning update before then, with some tweaks to the Rival code so you get a big more variety again.

Cheers,

Elton

11. BlueTangerine123

BlueTangerine123 New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Every now and then in the middle of a match the game just randomly crashes and when I go back onto it I have to start the match again and it's annoying when I win a set and then have to play it all over again

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Apologies you're having a problem, I've not had any other reports of this. Could you please PM me with your device type, iOS version, and which control method you are using? (also a screenshot of your options settings if possible)

13. DoublevAC

DoublevAC New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    Update

Will this game ever get an update for Android? I've put probably over 100 hours in on and I would like to play the latest version. But the android version is 1.35 and the lastest version on ios is like 3.3. This is my favorite game but I'm wondering if it has been abandoned on Android.

Any help or info anyone can provide would be tremendously appreciated

14. sage

sage New Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Iphone x optimization

Love the game, definitely my favorite app ever. But since I have gotten the new iphone I have been wishing to be able to see it fully optimized for the screen. In addition to this, I have been having a great deal of trouble playing the multiplayer mode. Even when connected to the same wifi, I have been unable to play multiplayer despite having repeatedly sent the invite to their phone. Thanks for the great tennis game!

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    iPhone X support has just been added, update should have hit yesterday. As forthe Multiplayer / invite issues, I'm not sure, it almost always works for me when I invite my "other" phone for testing, but occaisionally Gamecenter invites just disappear. Not sure it's anything I can fix, but I will review all my gamecenter code soon and make sure I'm using the correct / latest way to do everything.

16. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Still fun!

Just wanted to bump this because, after a while of not playing, I got my MFi controller recently so was testing all the games supported and this is still a gem and even better with a controller.

17. gosuchowmein

gosuchowmein New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Nintendo Switch

Hi Elton. Kind of far fetched but have you ever considered porting this game to the Nintendo switch? Indie games are becoming extremely popular on the console and I feel like this would be a huge hit!

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    When if SSC coming? We need a football game!! ^^

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm hoping to have an SSC2018 announcement very, very soon!

20. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I really hope because there are no football games right now!