Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    I just tweeted this:

@AppStoreGames If there was ever a game that deserves to be featured in #BestNewGames, it is Tennis Champs Returns. Seriously.

Get onto it folks! This game absolutely %110 deserves it!

2. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    @ Developer

First things first, your game is AMAZING. Thank you!

I heard you will be bringing in woman players. Please make this as a separate career mode option. Having men v woman in career single matches would reduce the realism as this doesn't happen in real life. Plus, some of us have absolutely no interest in playing as or against a woman #. All I am asking is to make it optional. Thanks!

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Awesome game, but needs some tweaks.

Serving is kind of broken. Easy to cheese even 4 stars players.

And the game overall is also kind of easy. Well, at least up to 4 stars players. I don't think my lowly 2 stars players should be racking easy wins against 4 players.

4. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    What causes your guy to whif on easy shots? Sometimes I'll be in the perfect spot and time the bars decently and the ball will go right through the racket. It seemingly happens randomly. Very frustrating.

5. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Man. I'm having the opposite. I'm struggling against players with less stars than me. My volleys all tend to go out for some reason

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I still remember playing the original. So, I downloaded the app immediately. Fired it up thinking I'm going to check it out for 2 minutes. One our later I just won my first tournament, being extremely satisfied. And I cannot stop smiling. This game is INCREDIBLE! I'm not even a tennis fan. But controls are so easy, yet so complex! I love how you absolutely feel in control of everything, being able to play some thrilling matches full of fantastic moments. And the AI with different play styles is sooo fantastic. This is easily one of the best sports games ever. Just nailing the feel so well. I'm deeply impressed with this little gem.

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ha! What do you know? This game has now mysteriously shown up under best new games in the US App Store and rightfully so.

8. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Does anyone have any tips for volleying? Many of my shots seem to go out and I'm not sure why. The tutorial doesn't really explain it.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #129 metalcasket, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Hold up...it ended up getting featured? ONE SECOND! *goes to check*

EDIT: Stupid Lebanese App Store. Nothing. :/

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #130 Jayg2015, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    This game was completely fun BUT after two matches I can't catch up to any of the opponents balls hit what so ever. Ten minutes into the game and they have super speed and strength .
    Also after I closed the game once I opened it back up after being frustrated and now ads like crazy. Once the opponent ai is fixed I would like to buy ad remover.

Ok I had to delete the game. I can't hit one ball now after only winning one tournament with some what easily done but how does it go from only getting scored on twice in an entire tournament to can't hit one ball for next ten matches. This is insane.

Game was sooooooooo extremely fun

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'm in the tutorial learning how to kick serve. The Instructions state to hold as in serving then swipe up. I'm told that I'm doing it wrong despite (at least I think) doing it correctly. Also, it would be great if we could leave a tutorial without having completed the lesson.

12. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It's normal, I lost many matches before getting better and beating the higher level players. You have to add stars to your movements (speed, control) it's very important.

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Did that . I maxed out my speed . This is crazy

14. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    You could lower max (game) speed in options, if you aren't good enough.

15. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Just woke up to see the US AppStore has seen the error of its ways!

I'm hearing the issues a few ate having with the difficulty ramp (partly as I think I made it a bit too slow and easy at first, when that back off people aren't ready!) and I'll be submittig a new uodate at the weekend where the difficulty is more adaptive.

Thanks for all the support here! I'm sure Apple wouldn't have added it were it noto for all your tweets and the brilliant review.

I feel better again now :)

16. friscoltu959

friscoltu959 Member

Dec 16, 2010
    This game is absolutely amazing. Really really good. The graphics, mechanics, all...

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Elton, will next update fix slow serve with MFi controls?

And check this (I did it with 310 pts):

[​IMG]

18. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, both those bugs will be fixed! Thanks for reporting them!

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Don't worry, 4.5 stars players should be strong enough.
    I was winning 6-0 or 6-1 with 4 stars players, then Kamui, 4.5 stars and #2, slammed me 6-1.

20. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    The difficulty does ramp up fairly fast but i like that

Sounds like you need more points in control. It's a really important stat. Are you doing training between tournaments? You can grab some free points there