Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Great news! Will our current career still remain or will we have to start from scratch? Either way, I'm in. #

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    You can carry on from existing career. In which case the new best players have to work their way up. Although the rival opponent works better if you do start fresh

3. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Thanks. Can we run multiple careers?

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Afraid not at the moment. Still just one male and one female. I might look at letting you use the 2 slots as you wish in a future update.

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Season 2 Update! Due to being featured on the Main App Store Page in Europe, I'm going to release the update 3 days early.. that's TODAY!

Icon1024.png

* New players on the tour! Boris, Stefan and Pete will offer a tough challenge and freshen things at the top of the rankings. Other top names might start to fade..

* A new rival who you'll meet as you play, who improves over time and also wants to be Number 1!

* Refreshed UI

* Improved Ball Physics, shot balancing, and AI. Doubles AI improved.

* Improved Dynamic difficulty, moving some of the "stiffening" to Pro Difficulty only.

* Touch-Tennis : A New touch control scheme minigame to play, where you can earn clothes and colours for your career players.

* New cusomisation options!

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Yay :) any chance of tightening up the mfi support?

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    It's fine on my pad! PM me details of what controller you have and what could be improved for you and I'll look into it.

8. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Good work that man, any word on crazy coaches being introduced and insulting the opposition? The Margaret Court vs Everyone Sane mixed singles/doubles/whatever mode would be welcome.

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Next new feature that I couldn't get done for this one is ball wear / new balls, and selecting which ball to serve with. Fuzzier == slower but better spin effects.

Hawkeye challenge will come later too, plus animated ball boys. Little break to finish Soccer Champs first, but still more to come for Tennis!

10. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Very nice! Is the update also hitting Android?

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, will be done as soon as my android dev partner can merge in the new stuff and get it tested. Will l say when I have a date for it.

12. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Sounds really cool? Ball boys or girls? Is a must ;-)

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Gender neutral ball-person #

14. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    WOW can't wait for those in future updates they sound awesome. Great job on the update the AI seem so much better they mix there shots up a lot more to keep you on your toes.still my favourite ever tennis game.

15. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I tried this game out when it first released. I initially liked it. Then the controls got frustrating for me. I got to the point that I couldn't even win a match anymore. I tried it out again after reading about the new update. Did the basic tutorial and started a career. I can't even win one match. I still feel like the controls aren't working well for me. I've tried both the retro and touch configs. Any tips. I want to like this game, but fighting the controls is frustrating.

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Really not sure how to help. If you PM me with some extra info I'll try and work out what's causing you difficulty. I'd like to know how you lose most points in early matches? Do you struggle to hit the ball, or aim your shots? If you would be happy to PM so we don't clog up the thread, I'm keen to try and help.

17. BlueTangerine123

BlueTangerine123 New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    This is definitley my favourite tennis game but it has quite a few annoying problems. For example, I won my first major today (London Champs) but I was not given any points for the win and I was still the world number #14 after it. Also since the update, the character swings really late whenever I am returning serves so I am not able to swing normally and I can only return using a slice. One final thing is that even though I am a 5 star player, it seems impossible to win rallies from the baseline and I can only win points by going to the net. It gets a bit boring because it's basically the same thing all the time.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Am looking into the points one. I'm sure this was fixed previously, and I've checked it playing in one session just now and it was OK.. I think it's dependent on when you save / resume.

I removed a small assist that would auto swing if you were still holding the button and the ball got close. This assist did help novices but actually prevents you using a late swing to open up the angle a little more. I decided as I was increasing the effects of both swing timing on angle, and the ball being in the perfect hit zone sweetspot for power and control, I wanted to give the player full control over it.

I find I can win baseline rallies against the better players OK. I wait for the opponent to over-commit, and as I don't encroach on the ball (let it reach near it's apex if possible) I then get more shot boost for being in a good position longer + hitting the sweet spot, and can hit clean winners.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Just pushed another update through.
    Fixes an issue where iOS 10 would drop the touch screen frequency to 30fps (you may have noticed the Joypad move slightly jerkily at times).
    Also there was an issue on iPads where the sprites were all slightly smaller than they should be. This is also fixed.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Been getting a few criticisms of some of the Season 2 tweaks, so I'm going to change a few things back towards the older version, especially when NOT set to Pro difficulty.