Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for reporting. I'll look into it.

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Found a small bug i think - in todays daily challenge it was a best of 3 games with the AI serving. I break his serve and was declared the winner. Not that i'm complaining mind you;)

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    That because it's a "break opponent's serve" challenge. :)

4. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Ah you're right

Completely missed that. Thanks!:)

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Putting in an update today that fixes a few events which fell off the calendar.. (they'll appear next time a year starts for those in progress)

Also now locking out career player usage for online mode unless you are a VIP, might help encourage a few more people to invest!

6. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    I've already invested but i can invest again if you want :p

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    @alwaysneedsleep Thanks, but your support is already enough! :) (and very much appreciated)

So much to do and not enough time already but here's a question for you all..

If you had to pick 1 new thing, or 1 area of the game that should be expanded, what would it be? (for example : More clothes / modes / new challengers in career / more minigames)

8. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Geez thats a tough one.

Personally I'd love different swing styles ie one handed backhands, forehands etc.

Or harder opponents in career mode.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Well, the new thing I'd like is one handed backhands, but this isn't a "game changer" at all.
    So +1 for new challengers in career.
    It could be nice a short story mode, a la Street Fighter 2.

10. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    My phone battery sucked so didn't play for a while. Now my brand new SE arrived and I started playing again. I now notice a lot of slowdown. Which is annoying as hell. Game slows down, which screws up timing, then suddenly returns to normal, which screws up timing again. Didn't read through the thread, anybody else have this issue?

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Not here.

12. Hedron Engineer

Jul 30, 2015
    Oh and does anybody know a way to block whatsapp messages from producing a banner specifically when playing a game of Tennis Champs? I like the banners in most other situations but not during tennis

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    What device and iOS version? I test on an iPad mini, a 6plus, a 6S and have played on a 4 and 5s too, and it's always been 100% fluid at 60fps. You can try rebooting the device, and check what other apps might be allowed ot run in the background or use the phones' resources?

14. Hedron Engineer

Jul 30, 2015
    iOS 9.3.4. iPhone SE 64 gb. Didn't reboot yet, will try. Did manually close pretty much everything to no avail. Some stuff does seem to open itself then, though, since a whatsapp message came through anyway. I'll let you know about the rebooting results.

Great to see you're still responding Elton!

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Don't worry, Tennis hasn't let me slip off to retirement just yet :)

It's odd as the SE has the same chip as the 6s and a smaller screen, so it really shouldn't struggle at all. Even a 4 can run tennis champs fine. Check there's nothing like screen zoom or accessibiilty option on that could suck up display performance? I'll see if I can borrow an SE from anyone if it persists after a reboot and you can't find a cause.

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    9.3.4? Uhm... 9.3.3 here.

17. Hedron Engineer

Jul 30, 2015
    Correct. My bad.
    I think i rebooted (switched off the phone then back on). It did ask me to unlock my SIM card afterwards, so that did something. This did not purge all apps from memory. At least double-home gave a lot of options to choose from. Is there another way to reboot?
    I still have the slowdown. It was way worse yesterday.
    I am playing while on a moving train, through spotty reception area. Could it be that it loses resources from looking for a network?

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    That is certainly possible. Intermittent network coverage can cause issues. You could try airplane mode and see if it helps, and try it on wifi and see if the problem still occurs?
    By reboot I just meant a power off / restart.

19. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    I seem to be having the same lagging issues during a normal career match, not sure why. I'm updated to latest ios and tennis champs version. I'm running an iPhone 6 and tried hard resetting and turning aeroplane mode on still laggy. Seems to be fine between points but generally lags during serve then go back to normal during rally but occasionally lags during that too.

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    iOS updated here, but at the moment no slowdowns in career. I played three tournaments yesterday.
    I will double check it today.