Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Just submitted latest Update.

Have fixed the Ranking table for Online.
    Also fixed it so players can't cheat with the drop volley off a serve that was being abused online.
    Also found a bug when playing online using the always at bottom option, which lead to the ball diverging between the 2 devices.

And I've switched to a newer system for iCloud support that requires iOS8 or newer, which I needed to do for it to work with the upcoming Apple TV version.
    (If you often use an iOS 7 device and need to be able to upload / download cloud saves, PM me. There's a cheat in there that lets you use the old system in case of emergency :) )

Now I have to spend a couple of weeks getting back into Soccer Champs, before finishing the Apple TV version in time for the US open. Android port is being handled for me as we speak, and should launch before US Open too.

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    In my opinion the last Tennis Elbow is better.

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update is out, let me know if you experience any problems!

4. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Multiplayer never worked for me so far. When I choose Play Now (Auto-Match) I get the error : error, failed to find players.

Is there a problem with my Game Center account?

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Is that after a period of waiting, or soon after clicking AutoMatch?
    Are you on Wifi or Mobile Data? And have you checked you've not disabled mobile data for the App?

6. noss130

noss130 Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Hello, i confirm that multiplayer have somme issues. GC could not find any player :-(. Or nobody is currently playing ?
    Another question : do you think about a tournament online feature ?

Thx

7. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Turning on "Public Profile" in the Game Center settings solved the issue.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1228 Uprising Elton, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    I hope the person I just smashed 7-0 online doesn't give up playing! :D :D

Oh, on the subject of a tournament, I'll look into it.

I might try and run a special event during the US Open where you have to play online using your career player, and create a special leaderboard. Whoever's top at the end of the event might get a prize, or a special player skin or something. I'll see what I can do in the time I've got..

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    How about a penalty for disconnection?
    There are very bad losers... And you have to close the app, you can't go back in menu. :(

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I also have problems on find players on automatch. In fact, I have never found anyone, even on wi-fi.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The daily active users is at a bit of a low point at the moment, so that will knock onto the availability of players looking for AutoMatches. Guess everyone's busy playing Pokemon..

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm going to add to the next update a flash on the 2-Player button that suggests the *1st 15 minutes* of each hour, is a recommended time to try and play play online.

If people take this advice, then the chances of people findin one another is going to be increased.

Obviously I'm suggesting you all try and use this time frame method here, but I think adding something to the game to emphasis it will reach more people.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Be wary of S.Graf! Whoever has that as their career player is a fearsome opponent!

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Lost online to S.Graf again! :(

15. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Haven't had a match with so many slices before Elton, loved the cat and mouse in that second set ;)

16. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Do you remember their game centre name?

17. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Do you remember their game centre name?

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1238 Uprising Elton, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Some good points yeah. Some great baseline rallies!
    Not one to make excuses, but the game center invite sound was the first thing I heard this morning as I'd barely woken up! Have to have a rematch when I'm more awake! :)

Can't remember who s.graf was, (maybe Smok9724?) but their ranking wasn't as high as their standard of play! Not seen anyone place themselves so perfectly and react so quickly. Good player.

19. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Haha well thanks for waking up for a match. Yeah a bit hard to juggle different time zones. Yeah Anytime Elton. Hopefully I come across that player, like to see how id go.

20. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Found a bug. Was leading mac in wimbledon finals 6-2 6-0 1-0, he hit a drop shot volley a ran up and hit it to him directly in front of me and he hit it straight back to me but when I went to hit it the game crashed and when I went back into it the match started back at 0-0 in the first set...