Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1161 Uprising Elton, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Thanks. I've checked and the fix put in yesterday resolved that too. I hope that will be available monday.

*The way to avoid all possible issues on the current version is to ALWAYS load an active career when loading the game fresh, before doing any other modes!*

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    ok, i've reinstalled it and everyplay works fine now!

still can't find any opponent in this damned GC, guess it's an issue in GC itself, but it's weird 'cause i found opponents before the fix for older devices.

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Maybe many have still to update.

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The next bug fix update will still be playable against the current version.

There are a few players on here who will probably be happy to connect as a GC friend and play against you!

Still trying to work out why some people are finding career too hard in early tournament rounds. I think most are just bad players TBH. I started a fresh game and not having any issue winning events right from the start.

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am far from a very good player and I have won 2 tournments on my first year already. I don't think there's any problem with the difficult level.

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Update's out! Hoping to find a multiplayer match here soon.

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I played one last night after it went live. I didn't get the lag warning pop-up, but it was a fairly laggy game.

Please do let me know if you find this too. I might go back to my previous lag compensation code if it's a common issue. I'll continue to monitor it.

Next update will offer the star-cap for online play, and will have more difficulty level tweaks for later in the game.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    anyone want a match? :)

Just played a guy with all 10's with my 2* guy.. lost but I think I gave him a bit of a scare!

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Me! :)
    I sent you an invitation just now.

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1170 Uprising Elton, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    i messed up accepting.. I've quit out, can you send another?

Thanks :) Game worked well from my end.. Sorry I played pretty rubbish though!

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Sorry, but I had to quit, too.
    Yes, it was fine. :)
    It wasn't easy picking the right player for a balanced match, though.
    By the way, how will the star-cap work?

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You will only be allowed to play as career players, and the master player will be able to pick from a couple of star level options.
    Then you will get a screen like the skills screen for career to make sure your player is at or under the total number of points before continuing. Will probably exclude stamina as it's currently has no effect mid match. I'll add a save / restore button so you can save a favourite configuration and bring it back easily too.

13. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Had high hopes for multiplayer but sadly couldn't find opponents most of the time so far.

Btw it should either take a very long time to become an all around player or the game should give us less skill points than the cap so every character will have strengths and weaknesses. For example a player who focuses on perfecting his/her forehand shouldnt be able to reach 5 stars on his/her backhand.

Another thing that i want to see is to have lefty prebuilt players in the game. I am a lefty in real life so i feel more comfortable controlling lefty players :)

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1174 Uprising Elton, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Should be able to make a couple more of the prebuild characters lefty next update. Bit of an oversight on my part to have so few..

I'll think about how I could rebalance the abilities on regular career to have some kind of choice on strengths and weaknesses. Have to do it without it feeling like I'm taking something away from players who have maxed their players already. The star cap for online only seems a good start to me anyway.

Lots of people are playing online successfully, I guess it's luck of the draw when you try or gamecenter itself causing matchmaking problems.

15. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Has the new update come out yet? I got a notification from toucharcade this morning but I still haven't received it yet.

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Last update was 2.12, on the 4th

17. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Also I haven't been able to get a single match since the previous update. Not sure if its bad luck or.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not sure why, there's plenty of people playing (over 70,000 game sessions a day) so I'd have hoped a few people would be looking for matches.. I didn't put any metrics events in to see how often people try multiplayer.. will add next update so I can see what's going on.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1179 Uprising Elton, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Could I get a show of hands here..

who would prefer online if it was always capped to a specific number of skill points that's wel below maximum? So whatever player you pick, the abilities are completely tuneable to the star cap, and you never have to worry about having an inferior player? (or that the opponent will be super strong and blast you off the court.)

Or would people who have maxxed out players feel this is undermining their work to get levelled up?

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    5 stars players are too strong for online gaming so tuneable abilities would be great, but not so practical, I guess.