Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Tactically speaking your shots and movements are right, but not execution.
    I think you will "click" it sooner or later.

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1142 Uprising Elton, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    I think tactically you moved in too much too soon myself. You can do that, but you need to execute a winner. You gave Jake an angle and weren't deep enough to have time to react.

The longer you are in line with the ball the better you hit, and hitting a low ball very soon after bounce is not ideal. I think you need a touch more patience and to move him about a bit more.
    I would always recommend positioning to cover a cross court return slightly, rather than the middle of the court, too.

If you've won enough matches for the "training wheels" to have been removed, a character like Jake wont be bad in a semi final.

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Also should remind players, if reacting to opponents who hit good shots is just too hard, you can lower the game's max speed setting in the options.

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I just posted a few replays of points vs Jake with my 2.5 star player (back hand power 7) from an exhibition match. The game speed was not at maximum for that mode yet (not played enough exhibition matches) but he does play at his correct level (not reduced)

Have a look at how I positioned myself and timed my shots. There's loads of replays up now that can be used to learn from.

5. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Gotta agree with you on that one Elton. Impulso your standing a bit too much inside the baseline, generally I try and stay that far in when Ive gotten a weak shot back and I'm setting up for a winner. Otherwise I stay a little outside it.

A shot I also like to use is when I've been brought out wide I use a slice. It gives me some time to reposition myself and try and reset the point so to speak.

6. lagano

lagano New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Elton, fantastic job on the game.

Currently there is an error that says no players can be found in online play. Are there not enough players for auto-match to function yet?

If anyone wants a match hmu @ LordZaladar

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    There should be plenty of potential opponents. Just have to be lucky with timing!

Having said that, the latest update can only play against the same version, so people need to have updated. Let me know if it stays like this and you can't get a game for a longer period.

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

can't find anyone on MP in the last couple of updates, Elton, it always stuck on GC screen searching for an opponent... is it a bug?

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Nope, definitely not a bug. The game's not in control of that, and I had a random match 1st thing this morning. Can try logging out / back in to gamecenter or restarting device? Maye sure you're on wifi or you haven't disabled mobile data if not?

10. lagano

lagano New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Haven't been able to play a game in a week and I usually let gamecenter attempt to match for at least 30sec

11. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah Elton, i've tried all that options, but still can't find anyone...

btw, i can't share replays, i see the new "upload icon", but when i tap it nothing happens.

12. impulso

impulso Member

May 19, 2014
    Great. Appreciate the feedback! Thanks

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    What iOS version are you on? Do you have any other games with everyplay working?

14. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Huge bug here!
    My mens tour is totally broken: my earnings, ranking points, trophy room and wildcards are gone (I see ladies tour's ones), event calendar is ladies tour's one, too. :(

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1155 Uprising Elton, Jul 2, 2016
    I've just found this too. It happens if you have been to the career slot menu, but then backed out, and then played single match or a daily challenge with your male player which results in your player leveling up or an ability bar filling. I'm just fixing now and making a submission.
    EDIT- think going straight to an exhibition match with male career player after loading the game can cause it without visiting the career slot screen

Have you got a recent cloud upload you could grab after doing a delete / reinstall?

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Luckily, yes. :)

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Cool. It's a really bad bug, changing the active career slot without loading the data.. So the next save can write the wrong career to the wrong slot.. Really sorry I missed spotting the consequences of a small change.

Submission is in now. Just hope it doesn't hit anyone else. Apologies.

18. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1158 Gwarmaxx, Jul 2, 2016
    iOS 7.1.2

no other games with everyplay atm, but had a few working fine months ago.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You are waiting until the replay has played back once and the button lights up?

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Elton, maybe this could be helpful in debugging...
    In my cloud save there was only mens tour so ladies tour slot was empty.
    This morning I played today's daily challenge and then I had Jane in ladies tour, with mens tour data.