Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    #1061 soniclife, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Online Mode works great! So this game will definitely stay on my devices for a long time. Another minor request: please let the player choose the language independent from the system language. Although my iOS is German I'd rather have the games in English...

2. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Thanks for the matches coolglassesfuy ;)

3. CoolGlassesGuy

CoolGlassesGuy Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    Sure thing! I had a little lag on my end, but not to the point where it caused any problems. You're pretty darn good, probably one of the best I've played up to this point. Maybe we'll see each other on the court some other time!

4. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    #1064 alwaysneedsleep, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Yeah same here coolglassesguy, you'd have to be one of the best I've played as well so far. That was my first loss and I've been playing a fair bit ;) Your return winners was frustrating the bajesus out of me haha, was trying to vary my serve as much as possible but you stuck with it.

I've sent you an invite for GC, be good to have another match some time, see if I can hold serve more consistently haha.

5. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Feel free to add me on game center

atalkinghamsandwich

6. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    How was the lag on your end atalkinghamsandwich? A shame we couldn't finish a match.

7. atalkinghamsandwich

Oct 13, 2015
    Honestly, it took some getting used to. A shot that looked like it went by you would then come firing back at me for a point for you. Then it would just freeze up. Let's try it again sometime though. It's such a challenge to play against real people.

8. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm usually in Oz but currently holidaying in the UK, I can't update anything right now due to data limits but looking forward to joining the fray in a couple of weeks.

I'm VimFuego and very, very bad at games despite many years playing them. :D

9. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Found there's a definite issue when playing more than one online session without restarting the app. Hope to have a more stable update in submission by end of today.

10. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Do you recommend playing one match then closing the app between matches until the update?

11. atalkinghamsandwich

Oct 13, 2015
    alwaysneedsleep is a worthy friggin adversary.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, playing more than 1 match ina session (as you return to the character select after a match) is OK. (I'll add a rematch dialogue box soon so you can understand if the opponent is just quitting after one match)

But connecting to a second opponent without restarting the app can cause failure to start the first point.

Obviously not everyone will know this as they aren't readers of this form, so even after restarting you might match against someone who didn't restart. Should only be a few days before I can get a fix out anyway..

13. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Haha thanks atalkinghamsandwich. Your serve was getting too predictable, swinger out wide on the ad side and down the middle on the deuce side so it made it easy to pick a few off.

I don't think we've had an issue connecting at all, where are you from?

14. noss130

noss130 Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Hi, the game crashed every time i tried to set up an online match, even with my bro at home on the same wifi on both my iPad mini 1 and my iPhone 4. (Gamecenter is up too).
    Do i need to do something to fix it ?

Thx u, very nice game!

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I've got an iPhone 4 at home still so I'll debug playing that vs a newer device and check there's not a problem playing 32bit vs 64bit, which is what would immediately spring to mind as a possible cause..

Where exactly does it crash?

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    same here on 4S, Elton, can't play any MP, it crashes when finds the opponent.

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'll make sure this is resolved before I make the next submission.

18. noss130

noss130 Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Yep it crashed when a player is finded! Juste at the time you have to choose a character! :-(

19. atalkinghamsandwich

Oct 13, 2015
    #1079 atalkinghamsandwich, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    I know, I've been playing the AI side, and with the server marker in single player. Playing with other humans is making me better though. I'm in Upstate New York. You? I had a little lag and then I switched to my 5ghz. I also had a two year old climbing all over me the last game.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Sounds like you need a rematch! Fighting talk :)

Just found and fixed the connection issues for old 32 bit devices.. And the multiple sessions without restarting the app.

Just looking into a couple more tweaks and weill get an update in. A few people have complained about Volleys being different in the update.. I basically made the defensive volley safer but softer, meaning there was more advantage in properly doing a punch (slide up) to hit a winner. I'll tune them up a bit, to try and restore a few former 5* reviews back up from the 1* they are now!