Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Thanks for the match Elton, my heart was racing the whole time :)

And also it was the most stable smooth match I've had so far. Where are you located?

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    @alwaysneedsleep Cool to meet you on the court with your Federer! Was a touch too much lag with the distance, but was still good fun! I'll need someone stronger than Roger next time we play! :)

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm in the UK! I'm pretty amazed it was as good as it was!

4. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Haha glad to finally have a hit with someone from this forum. And yes a definite rematch will be in order using someone with higher rating.

Yeah im very surprised, at least that means it can be done from Australia. It was literally the smoothest it's been for me so far vs anyone, no major lag on my end.

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #1045 Uprising Elton, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    I had the ball going past you a little bit, which had me thinking you'd missed it, then the ball comes back and it caught me out a bit too often.. I started to adapt a bit towards the end, but then it was a bit late and I was under pressure. You served too well also, the placement was great and I couldn't predict where you were going to put it. :)

It had my heart rate up too.. it's almost gladiatorial when it's played like that. Tense!

6. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Oh that's a bummer, definitely throws you off. Yeah you were adapting in that second set, esp with your 2-3 star character vs my maxed character, impressive.

Haha thanks, I try an emulate the Fed man as much as i can on the court lol.

Let me know if you want a rematch ;)

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Add me on gamecenter Jay Gray!

8. radge

radge Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm in the UK, looking for a game. My Game Center ID is radge.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I added you and I'm ready to play! :)

10. CoolGlassesGuy

CoolGlassesGuy Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    Been doing matches for almost an hour now, and I was able to finish some good ones, with minimal lag. Although, a few crashed right at the start or mid-match (presumably because of long distance or bad connection). And, of course, I did get a couple of ragequits.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Oh, just wanted to mention online ranking!

I have put code in to do an ELO style ranking for online matches. I didn't switch it on just yet as I wanted to get the stability up, and see how lag works in the real world.

I'll hopefully be able to turn it on soon when I've worked out how to deal with certain issues, and made a few more tweaks.

Right now I'm thinking of making it a seperate option, and having a compulsory lower Star Cap for it, set at a level where I think player skill contributes the most to the outcome. There will be a minimum connection quality below which it will inform the players that the game won't count towards ranking. And I feel like it'll need a small icon based chat system between points, with a point replay "LET" system if both players agree. This would be to excuse issues like a call interupting one of the players...

12. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    #1052 alwaysneedsleep, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    That all sounds awesome Elton, can't wait for the rankings to come out.

Have you found many issues with the multiplayer that can be fixed to help stability? Or has most of the issues been mostly due to poor internet connection?

I see that tennis champs is on the Australian mainland app store page now, hopefully it can get more players on board for multiplayer.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    There are a few areas I need to improve, mainly as packet loss is a bit higher in many places than I expected. And I can improve the latency compensation a bit yet too.
    Not by a huge amount quality wise, but can improve the reliabilty tonreduce the number of games that end up stuck and unfinishable.

14. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Half stars after match is still there, though. :(
    But you couldn't reproduce it, if I remember.

15. CoolGlassesGuy

CoolGlassesGuy Active Member

Dec 16, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    It's funny, I played Penny (5 star), and beat her easily, but then I played Sonja (4.5 star), and she gave me a lot of trouble. Kind of like how I always beat Mac, where as Drew gives me fits. I guess who you match up well against just depends on your playstyle, though.

16. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    What do you mean by this? Is this a bug?

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
  18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I've seen this on the Multiplayer stats screen on mine, so I shoudl be able to debug it now. In fact I've seen the wrong player shown on that screen too (my female career player instead of the opponent). Pretty sure it doens't effect gameplay at all though.

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yes, it doesn't here, I'm 100% sure.

20. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    If anyone is up for a game of tennis my name is alwaysneedsleep