Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    #981 FuriousThumbs, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Any ideas why when I go into my iCloud Drive this game has no name? It just shows as the game icon.

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    No idea :) My other app seems to do the same, but the name is there OK under Storage .. I'll look into it.

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Who did the italian translation?
    I hope there will be a language menu in the game.

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #984 Uprising Elton, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    All translations were done by a proffessional translation company, which was surprisingly expensive for even the 4 languages. I thought it could help the game a lot in certain regions, so was worth the investment.
    It auto selects language based on device setting currently, but I will add an override in the options as soon as I can. If you do have any issue with the quality of any of the translation, then please do let me know (via email preferably) as I will take it up with the company who performed the translations.

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I will check and double-check italian for sure! ;)

6. toqo

toqo New Member

Jun 12, 2016
    I have the same problem.

Before a match i have 5 stars, after the match only 2.5.

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I have been looking for this, but I've not been able to reproduce it myself. I think it is just the stats screen value that is wrong. When you return to the next match, or look at your players Skills menu, the player is back to normal? Does it occur every match for you, or just occasionally?

The update for the 23rd is in with apple anyway, so please let me know if it continues to happen after you get that update

8. toqo

toqo New Member

Jun 12, 2016
    It happens after every match, quick match and career mode. Before the next match it shows 5 stars again, but he plays like a 2,5 Star Player. I'll wait for the update and report then.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #989 atchoo, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Here's the new game preview vid,

11. rynodigital

rynodigital New Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Amazing game, and amazing support, it's one of the few games I've ever actually been willing to fork over money for!

I only offer one suggestion, and I apologize if this had already been requested but would it be possible to implement a "retry" or "restart" button for the daily challenges?

12. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hi Elton, do you have any future plans to increase the flat shot power? It's difficult to hit a winner of the flat shot, majority of winners come off the top spin.

And also allow for better drop shots? I find that it's nearly impossible to drop shot down the line or perform any short angled drop shot, ie from the centre of the court drop shoting to either side of the net. The only drop shot I know can work is the cross court drop shot.

Cannot wait for the 23rd release date!

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Is anyone able to consistent volley?

In the training volley course level 3, it requires a score of 100. Best I can do is 50 so far, and it just seems like the game isn't responding to my touch gestures. Less than half the time I will do what I think is the gesture but it will just sort of hit the ball, and do neither a punch nor a drop shot.

Great game by the way.

And this would benefit big time form multiplayer. Doubles would be so epic.

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Retry on the Daily Challenge is possible, I'll look to adding it.

The update rewards near perfect timing with extra power, so you might well find flat hits can be used for winners if you're a consistent hitter.

Drop shots have been tweaked a bit in the update too, you should find they are a bit easier to use, but also goo AI players are better at dealing with them.

Doubles multiplayer is something I'm going to look at, but is going to be very tricky to pull off. I really need a little break and then to get some work done on bringing SSC back into development.

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
  16. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    #996 CanPcfstV3g, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Looking forward to the update as i enjoy multiplayer gaming way more than single player on many games :)

I have two questions Elton: I bought the VIP pack shortly after the release but i can still see it in the shop. Is this a bug or do is there a restore IAP option that i can't find?

Any chance for an Android release?

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    > Is this a bug or do is there a restore IAP option that i can't find?

If there is no "Restore" button at the bottom centre of the shop screen, then it means you already have VIP. The shop always shows all the IAPs.

> Any chance for an Android release?

Being done now, should be ready in the next month. Probably to line up with the US Open.

18. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Thanks for the support, excited for the new update :)

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hey guys just leaving here in case it hasn't been posted.

I'm finding that if I receive a call or possibly even just change out of the app and come back, the sound from the matches is gone. Sound is still there for the stats and menu screen and career screen though. It's just gone for the actual match.

Playing on i6+ IOS 8.1.2.

And this game has surprisingly taken me away from all other games I was playing, and I don't usually enjoy sport games.

20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Awesome game. I love it!