Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Does this game support iCade?

2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Once multiplayer arrives later this month and people can play others around the world, this game will become very popular. The developer deserves every penny this game generates.

Will we be able to track our wins and losses online?

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    One of the last bits I'm going to get in before I need to finalise the update this week, is a ranking system and leaderboard for online play, so yes :)

iCade support used to be in, but I took it out as I suspected it might be the cause of a bug. I'll restore it if I can do it easily.

Now I must get back to the telly.. hoping for a 5th set in the French Final :)

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    One week later, 24 may 2016, the achievement's fix worked and I got that great 100%! :D
    Today I was checking Game Center's app and I have seen "740 out of 740 points" below "Tennis Champs Returns". :)

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Cool. I've always been suspicious as all the IDs I send from the game match how I've set up the achievements in gamecenter, and are sent at the same time as the local version is stored.
    So not much more I can check really, can only assume its the device synching with gamecenter that varies for some reason.

I hope to add a few new achievements this week before I finalise the big update.

6. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    My achievements never got fixed. It's not a big deal to me personally, but I never received:
    Match Winner
    The Slam
    French Champ
    5 Star Player

Feel like I have to stress it's no big deal to me personally. All I'm doing is playing slams and 1000s at the moment anyway since "d hizzle" is coming horrifyingly close to me in terms of slam count. Waiting for the next major update with great anticipation, particularly the women's tour! :p

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I might just rewrite the whole achievement system after the next update is done. I've no idea why it's not working at the moment :)
    Nearly done with the update. Just put in most of the other languages, so just finishing up a bit of lag compensation for 2 player mode, and then tuning. (The long awaitied trophy room and player challenges aren't done yet, as the ladies tour (and ladies graphics) took a lot more time that I anticipated, but I might get some of it in before I have to submit it..)

8. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Elton, how about Everyplay's support? It would be great if we could share our best rallies! :)

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I was hoping to do this using Apple's Replay Kit, but i can't get it to actually work. I might be able to put EveryPlay in if I can't fix it, as I had it in SSC2013. Will have a look..

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #970 Uprising Elton, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Got everyplay in, so replay sharing will be in the update for the 23rd too. :)

And by popular demand.... a bit of grunting from the girls! :)

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Great, but... how could I restore the game from my iCloud save? :confused:
    I had to reset my phone and now it seems I couldn't do anything... :(

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #972 Uprising Elton, Jun 10, 2016
    If you did hit the button to upload before resetting, should just have to go into the options and turn cloud synch back on after reinstalling (It's off by default after install) the. The download button should appear.
    I used it on the current store build the other day and had the game freeze after downloading, but the data was all there when I re-ran the game.

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #973 atchoo, Jun 10, 2016
    Yep, I turned it on, but nothing happened... :(
    I see Tennis Champs data in my iCloud, though.

EDIT: ok, my bad, I'm very sorry!
    I don't know why but my iCloud Drive was turned off... I turned it on and I could restore my save. \m/

14. Silver4

Silver4 New Member

Jun 12, 2016
    Love this game, looking forward to multiplayer. I've won every major except Wimbledon, struggling to break serve there

15. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Shop seems "broken" now. Or is it just me?

[​IMG]

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks, I know about the issue with the Shop.. It's an incompatibility with the localised text when using French language. It's fixed in the upcoming update.

The Update for release on the 23rd is now submitted to Apple! Gives them the requested time to decide about any editorial / featuring for the start of Wimbledon and get back to me.

I've made a few gameplay tweaks.. now near perfect timing of shots rewards with a slight power boost, that increments during a rally. Consistent bad timing decreases accuracy during the rally.
    Volley accuracy has been improved a bit, and slice shots now don't generally aim as close to the lines, so they are a safer shot. AI weakness to drop shots (where they very frequently net their next shot, has been greatly improved.

I've decided not to change the balance of abilities for ladies as I felt the stuff I was trying, while very good, didn't keep mixed matches truly fair. For online play, I felt that was more important. I maye adjust this just for Career play with ladies in future.

17. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Elton, will we be using our own personal players in multiplayer games or will we get to choose from a selection?
    Will players with strong characters have an advantage over beginners?

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    If you have bought VIP, you can play online using all the characters in the quick match roster, or your career players. Which gives you more options for setting up a fair match.

If you haven't, you will have to use you career player.

Coming later will be the option to set a Star Cap, and then there wil be a screen before starting the match where you apply the stars to set the strengths you want, within the limit. This didn't make this update, but it should arrive farily soon.

19. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hey Elton did you ever trial sliding on clay courts? Just to add something different to that court.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #980 Uprising Elton, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    A sliding shot is already possible on all courts, if you release the shot while running at the ball before you are in the hit range of it. Using it does actually extend your reach if you time it right. I could make more of this on clay, you're right.