Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Done, but nothing.

2. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Good looking update, I can confirm the 2.5 star thing on the stats screen.

I swear I have way more bonus stars than I used to have (having maxed out my player).

Or maybe I've just been playing more than I remember. :D

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The stars are imported from your career file into a persistent value that's shared across both the male and female careers. I now suspect that the career is loaded twice before it is ever saved, so this process might be happening twice, and doubling any unused skill points.. My bad, but I guess it's a reward for existing players :) :)

You'll be able to swap them for other stuff soon anyway!

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was looking for some serving tips. When doing the daily challenge and it's one of the ones where you need to serve and hit the target....how do you hit the target when it's really close to the net and really far?

I feel like I can't get my aim cross hairs that low or that high.

Any suggestions?

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Really close to the net: use punch serve or slow punch serve, aiming a bit higher.
    Really far to the net: use power serve, aiming exactly in the mid of the circle.

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Will give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

7. TheVimFuego

Dec 7, 2014
    I'll take it, early adopter bonus :cool:

I do like getting my daily fix in. I suspect I am still rubbish at this game but I like trying!

8. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    What was wrong with the original font and the icon? In my opinion both are much worse now. The font is pretty generic and since the numbers differ in width now they do not align in the rankings anymore. Plus the white glowing in the icon is ugly. As I said: just my opinion but there was no need at all for a change...

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The original font had no capacity for localisation (accents etc.), and didn't look clear when shrunk down. The issue with the ranking being a less clear due to varying widths is very valid, I'll address that in next update.

As for the icon, every single person I ran it by thought it was more eye-catching and an improvement (albeit that was with a green (grass) backdrop and 2 ladies behind, ready for the main Summer update). Maybe the white glow is a bit too strong, but helps the character stand out a bit. Thanks for the feedback, its all valuable and I'll bear it in mind for the next iteration.

10. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    I found a bug with the replay feature, it only plays the old sound effects not the new sound effects when using it.

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    It's kick serve and slow kick serve, not punch. My bad.

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Think I hit a bug with the latest version. In Career, I had 7 or 8 extra stars before the update and now have 1. Also, I was on Week 32 of 1st year and after sending me the World Tennis Champs rather than the East Open (where I lost handily to Mac), I'm now on Week 1 of 2nd year. Not too big a deal but thought you should be apprised.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for letting me know. Will look into what might have happened there. You were on the previous latest version? (Not skipped any updates?)

Will fix the replay sounds, thanks.

14. TheVimFuego

Dec 7, 2014
    I seem to have lost all my extra stars ... From 300+ to Zero ... Easy come, easy go. ;) I'm pretty sure this wasn't a result of a version upgrade.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Any news about SSC 16? The Euro is coming soon but it's still not out yet... Any chance to get it before the Euro?

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I lost my extra stars, too. :(

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Just found a bug has slipped in there.. it' snot writing the new persistent storage value it moves your stars into! Will fix and submit an update later tonight. Will have to do it after I've watched the Reds win* the Europa league final though! (* hopefully)

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #938 Uprising Elton, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    No news as yet. been too busy with TCR work (which should finish this week, as all work for the Wimbledon update is 90% there) and the hours the day job takes up. (now if I could just get enough success from this and the next SSC update to do this full-time, you'd see tons more cool stuff from Uprising! Maybe One day.. :( )

I don't think there's enough of the SSC'16 gameplay that's quite ready to be able to put out even a smaller limited Euro version in time to be honest. It'd be a minor miracle if I did.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #939 Uprising Elton, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Ah.. The skill points are being saved OK. They're just not being reloaded :) :) (which actually means that they'll have been saved at zero the second time you run the game, so it's just as bad! Doh.)

Wierdly, I've just had to run out from work to fix my very pregnant wife's car, after she got stuck coming home, so I'm now home with time to submit a fix before I need to watch the football!

EDIT - And the fix is now submitted!

20. dinga

dinga New Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Hi, Elton, thanks for your diligence on this thread and for producing such a lovely game. I've logged my time on it, I must say, bringing my player up to a 5 star stud, which was great. However, recently something has happened which has made the game less enjoyable. My player seems to have lost his abilities. He was able to win the French, but lost handily to Mac at Wimbledon. I've noticed that he's far too slow now to beat most three, let alone 5, star opponents. He's also lost the ability to serve fast kick serves--they result almost uniformly in faults or lets.

In addition, I've noticed the following inconsistencies, which may or may not be related to the decline of my player.

1) In the Quick Match section, he's listed as the 5-star player he is. But when I go to take on Mac (for practice), when the match finishes (an inevitable loss), he's shown only as a 2.5 star player, which is more in line with the way he plays.

2) In Career mode, his energy is depleted and after more than 24 hours of rest, it has not refreshed.

Again, thanks.