Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks,
    I won London on my game and have the right amount of points. Will look into it. Might be something todo with when you save during career / tournament. Will investigate tonight.

The achievement issue, you mena you got the French on Gamecenter but not the grandslam one, but locally on the ingame version, they are both ok?

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Rankings: I remember I played London Champs in two, maybe three, sessions. A save problem?

Achievements: yes, in game they are ok, it's only a GC's issue. I don't know why this time I was able to unlock FRENCH CHAMP... After that I was sure to unlock THE SLAM, too, but I was wrong. It seems a "synchronization" problem, maybe I could uninstall/reinstall again.

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Think the issue is its just not retrying to send the achievents if it can't connect first time. I'm adding some code to the achievement screen where it will compare with GC version and synch again if they are different.

I'm probably not going to have any more updates until the big one for Multiplayer etc. now, as there's still a lot I'd like to do and time is ticking away.
    But rest assured everything that's been raised to date is on my radar for fixes, tuning and tweaks.

Cheers everyone :)

4. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Did I miss the ladies' art somewhere?

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    No, I've not posted any yet! :D

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    LadiesPrev.png

A preview of some of the ladies with hair variations. Sleeveless top variations exist too.

(More to follow.. will zoom in a bit more next time!)

7. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Awesome stuff Elton, love the art style of the ladies!

8. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Ive been unable to play this for some time now, it just keeps crashing when I try to load :(

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    And you're on the latest version? What's your device / iOS version?

10. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Female Art style looks extremely polished. Will the styles shown on those characters be available to us for use, or are those unique to the real-life players they're based on? Looks like Steffi Graf on the left, there.

11. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    It's working now, after a reinstall. It was when I clicked to continue career that it just kept crashing, but so far so good!

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The red and white headband is one of the bespoke art characters (there are 16, like in the mens, taken from the Original Amiga version) so that headband style isn't availabe to the player as a generic. The rest are all options you can use to configure your player. There are others, there's a short hair cut, cap+ponytail and hair tied up too, but not all have been converted yet.

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I found a little bug: if you enter in a two weeks tournament with a wild card you'll use two wild cards.

Seedings aren't always right (e.g. yesterday Mac was #16 in US Champs when he is #1 of the ranking).

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Cheers, will investigate. I've seen odd looking seeding once or twice myself, but not caught it where I can debug it. It's on my (long) list :)

15. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Hey Elton, there's a player named "jetallen" who has the record for "Best Annual Tournament Wins." At the time I'm posting this, he has a whopping 76. According to my calculations, however, the most you can possibly get is 39. The other players' records seem to confirm this; the player in second place, "BGKircho," only has 38. Is there a legitimate explanation or is their some sort of foul play at work?

I'm asking because I don't want to submit a report out of ignorance. I genuinely love this game and I really don't want anyone exploiting its engine, letting glitches go unexplained, because that tarnishes the reputation of the community as a whole.

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'll look into it! I can limit Gamecenter high scores so anything above the acheivable limit will get thrown out. I don't think there's any exploits that can do this, but will check...

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #897 Uprising Elton, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    I usually check on the games App Store reviews by searching for it on the store.. but today.. it's not appearing in my search! The game IS still live (I had to check), but I guess this means noone can find it currently..

Anyone else getting the same?? Seems App Search is completely screwed up now. Searching for "Free Tennis Games" shows Dispicable Me Minion Rush and Crossy Rd as the top 2 results.. This is a catastrophic App Store fail if it's everywhere..

18. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yep, I can't find TCR here in Italy.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yep, same in US and UK. Loads of of games have just fallen out of the search results. Pretty damaging to anything not high in the charts or featured. Hope Apple get on it and sort this out pronto.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Search seems to be on the mend now. Emergency over :)