Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    In terms of the colors is it possible to unlock more options as I see there are still a few places left for additional colors in the menu selection screen. In other words, is it possible to fill the entire menu screen with color options as I seem to have several spaces left.

If so, how do you unlock all of the color options?

2. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Another suggestion....would it be possible to create a "special" color combination for those who are able to accomplish some special feat within the game? An example would be to win the grand slam in one season which is difficult. Other examples could be winning a certain number of major championships, winning a certain amount of money on tour, etc.

Also, is it possible to view your total win/loss record somehow? Also, what is the status of the trophy room that was mentioned previously?

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I think there's 32 colours unlockable now for the, for clothes and racket/strings. Hair and skin are seperate lists with fewer. I might expand and change the way colours work in future, without taking away anything obviously.

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I've just not had time to finish the trophy room yet, but its still on the way.

5. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012

How many different hair options are available in total and how do you unlock them?

I commend you on all the hard work, this is my favorite game on the App Store and I have been playing since it was released.

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the support! Wish I had more time to get it done more quickly.

There are only a few extra hair and skin colours that unlock, I don't have the number to hand right now, but its not too many and I suspect you've probably unlocked them all if you've been playing since launch!
    I am going to review it all and add more as I can.

The main work for the big summer update is mostly done now, (online works, and the 2nd career and ladies player database are in) with mainly art remaining, so I'll be able to get back to the smaller stuff as soon as there's no risk of missing anything big I need for wimbledon time.

7. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    No problem, the game is tremendous! One question, does the online mode require a wifi connection to play? Also, is it possible to have online rankings for players like you do for the AI players in the career mode? If so, would that be something that would be difficult to do?

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You can play online a mobile data (3G) connection, but the quality can vary. I've tested it with mobile data playing against wifi and had perfectly good games most of the time.

Online ranking is something I'm yet to look at, but I would hope to get something in. A gamecenter leaderboard with number of online wins, or a win percentage based ranking should be there at the very least.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    An Elo rating system would be great, but I don't know if Game Center could handle it.

10. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
  11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Ta, I'll fix :)

I intentionally made a few impossible at first so I had room to add more different game ideas on the end as I came up with them, and I didn't expect them to get as much use! I will make sure they are all fixed before the summer update.

12. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Well, they give skills and there is a specific achievement... And we are completist! :)

By the way I uninstalled e reinstalled to reset in game achievements and see if I could unlock that French Champ's achievement (and Grand Slam's one).

13. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #873 Guise, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    This may be obvious and/or previously addressed: why are the better AI players (Mac, Julius, etc.) more difficult in Quick Matches than in Career Mode? I haven't reached a major yet in Career and assume the best opponents get better as the year goes on, but I've easily beat Mac and company in Career Mode while struggling with them in Quick Matches.

PS
    This game ruleth.

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The career mode has a more gradual difficulty curve, so you probably just haven't reached where they play at full capacity yet. I reduced the effect of the difficulty ramp in quick match a while ago.

Just finishing a bunch of lady player art, will show some tomorrow now..

15. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    #875 Seiza616, Apr 22, 2016
    Elton, do think it would be possible for you to include some sort of "special" color scheme to signify certain accomplishments in career mode? For example, winning all of the majors in one year, winning all of the major championships in general, winning a certain amount of money, remaining the number one player in the rankings for a certain period of time, etc.?

It would be nice to be able to distinguish more accomplished players from the masses when people play online. In addition, these special unlockables would give long time players additional incentive to keep playing.

As always, thanks for all that you do in making this game the gem that it is.

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #876 Uprising Elton, Apr 22, 2016
    Yep, was thinking more about unlockable items rather than colours. To use colours I should have saved things like Gold etc. for special achievements :)

I'm looking into changing the structure of colour unlocks for new players anyway, without taking anything away from players who have been on board with the game already. Likely to involve linking clothing styles to colours and having each be a specific item, as it basically makes more content and lengthens the time to get everything.
    Probably be a new system, and I'll just populate it with whatever content people have from the older system on its first run.

I'm assuming everyone would enjoy it if I make the ladies game slower and more about controlling / eliminating mistakes so it's a different challenge and experience from the mens game?

17. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Sounds good!

18. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    In the ladies' game make it where you can only do lobs for historical accuracy

19. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hey Elton is it possible to increase the pace of flat shots?

I find that it's quite hard to hit winners using a flat shot due to its slow speed, but top spin is much faster and generally the only way to hit winners from the base line.

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    This worked for French Champs, but not for Grand Slam... :(
    Now I miss only THE SLAM (WIN ALL 4 MAJORS), but I don't know how unlock it.

Rankings are still bugged, though.
    In this new career, first year, I won Australian Champs, Paris Champs, London Champs, US Champs and World Tennis Champs.
    I should have 10000 points, but I have only 8000: London Champs gives me nothing.
    I'll play same tournaments in the second year and I'll check it.

After I won London Champs:

[​IMG]