Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Yeah i have the same problem with smashes, i high majority go out.

Also Elton can you include black colour for shirt and shorts?

I use to have it but since one of the updates that colour is not there anymore. Thanks.

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Black don't go away here, I could choose it if I want.

3. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Really, thats strange. I had my player in all black, an update occurred, i changed to a different colour and then the black option has disappeared ever since.

4. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    They're stored in the same way as your coins etc. znd that all seems fine and update safe now, since I fixed the original problem there. I'll check it out, but I've not had any colours go missing myself.

5. GamerGangsta

GamerGangsta Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Dev,

When do you think that update to get iphones running ios7 running again, the crashing make me sad : (

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    3 or 4 days

7. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    When multiplayer comes out will we be using our career player? Also how are you handling the level ups for these players? Is everyone going to have maxed stats or are you going to cap the stat points we can use so that there's going to be variation between opponents?

Personally I'd rather have it capped, i think it's more fun choosing where my points are going e.g. To serve and volley, or powerful groundstrokes, and also make you have to work out opponents strengths and weaknesses.

Be great to get other people's thoughts on this :)

8. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    I think everyone should be able to use their own character, but the stats themselves should be regulated. In other words, your online character's look could be customized, but the stats aren't necessarily the same as your career character.

I don't know about capping stats. Anyone who just wants to win will just pour points into serve-and-volley. One could argue that maxed out ground strokes could make good returns, but then the server can just serve to the body. But stats definitely shouldn't be maxed out for everyone either, because volleying will definitely become the metagame. Volleying right now is the most optimal way to play.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    It's not easy balancing a competitive game for online, I'm very curious about it.

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
  11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Quick update on the update :)

The previous submission hit a snag in that Apple decided the Redeem code screen and system (that's been in there for about 6 updates) isn't allowed, so I've had to resubmit. This is likely to mean iOS7 users will have to wait a bit longer for it now. :(

But on the plus side, I was able to drop the HEADBAND options in too while making the changes :)

Regarding online play, I've got a few options in mind. Irrespective of which player you choose, there will be game set-up phase prior to the match with options to allow accurate character stats, or make them equal at certain fixed levels so you can apply custom handicapping to the match.

A "star cap" option, where you will have to rebalance your player using a limited maximum number of stars is also something I'd like to get in as it would add a different level to the tactics.

12. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    - Dr. Mario, I'm not sure if i agree with S&V dominating necessary, Mac is an S&V heavy opponent and I find him to be the easiest opponent to beat in top 10. But thats just me.

- Guise, great article.

- Elton, i really like to the idea of "star cap", can't wait to see what style people will choose.
    - What will you be making the default length of multiplayer matches?

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I was going to offer the same options you get in quick match.

Choice of 1/3/5 sets, using either Tiebreaker / 3 Games / 6 Games per set. It would default to whatever the allocated "player 1" has as their defaults.
    Player 1 will have to choose, but I'd like to give the option for player 2 to show what settings they would prefer if they disagree. But then it's still up to player 1 to ultimately lock in an proceed.

What match lengths would people like?

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update went back into review quickly, and should be live any minute now.

Added Headband option to Player Customisation
    Button hit zones increased and made rectangular to reduce "button misses"
    Fix for iOS7 Compatibility
    Fix for bug with large career Earnings

Headband comes in 2 flavours.. HEADBAND is fixed white, and HEADBAND 2 takes the colour from the Socks setting.

15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just FYI. I was suggesting to make the button hit boxes vertical. I usually miss the button above or below. I think the boxes need to extend up and down. There's no reason for this not to exist I think?

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #856 Uprising Elton, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Yep, this is exactly what the update does. The hit zones around the buttons now extend from well below the button to up near the timing bar and are rectangular.

17. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Member

Mar 7, 2016
    You're gonna get at least 30 hours of gameplay from me just for the headband. :) Gonna sharpen the knives for online!

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    200 Lady pro's are well on their way.. I'll introduce a few of them in a post later.

And my sound guy has now provided some GRUNTS! :) :)

19. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    How about an option to change the color of the ball? Also, the next update which allows us to change the headband color is scheduled to drop when?

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You can colourise the headband now using the headband2 option, which matches it to the colour of the socks (which will rename to "accessories" in future)

Will look at ball colours, sure.