Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I got to about 8 in Movement, then tried a delete and reinstall when the 1.5 update broke the game on iOS 8. Now I've lost all my progress, and I'm really struggling to reclaim my former highs!

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The plan was to add more different minigmaes but other things keep taking priority.. I'll try and get the minigiames all sorted and improved for the big summer update. I wasn't sure if people would really use them much at first.

3. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Separate career slot for women's gets my vote as well.

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Minigames's achievement doesn't help! ;)

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Maybe once you've used both, I'll add some linear mixed doubles tournaments you can use both players in, with some linked achievements. Would encourage people to have one of each on the go and level up both..

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I like the minigames! Fun way to level up your player.

7. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Yeah I'd prefer a separate slot for female career.

8. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Second this as well...

Besides Elton's attitude - to me the most amazing thing about this game is that it is just SO MUCH FUN EVEN WHEN YOU LOSE!!!!!!!!

Legend of a developer!!!!! ######

9. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Separate slot for womens is a must!!!!

SSC 16 soon is even more MUST #

10. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Weird glitch. I won the US open yesterday against Mac then skipped ahead a few weeks to shanghai. When I opened it back up again I was at the US open in the middle of the 3rd set against Mac. Once I beat him again I had to press back at the first screen that opens up after a match and was already at the shanghai week I skipped to yesterday.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I spotted there was possibility of a problem if an app interruption (like a low battery) appears, as I moved where in the process of leaving the app it saves the game. I have fixed this in my project but not submitted an update yet as I wasn't sure if it was likely to happen.
    I'm not far from being able to submit and update with iCloud in now, so this will be fixed as part of that update.
    (This problem can be avoided completely by backgrounding the app and returning once after any low battery pop-up or other app interruptions mid match.)

12. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Cheers uprising Elton I'll try that then.

Also I found that before I updated to the most recent version my character was wearing all black. I updated and changed socks, pants, shirt etc to a different colour but now the black option has disappeared.

13. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    For me a similar thing like for the original poster happened, but I am not sure I backgounded the app.
    It was a 2 weeks tournment and I was playing 1st week vs. some 2 star player and won, then was back on main career screen and saved so title screen. Then decided to keep playing after all and when I went back to career I was suddenly in the middle of the match again.

Also if you save the game after 1st week when you go back to career you always (except this one case described above) are sent immediatly to the next match instead of going to the main career screen first. That I also find a bit strange.

But I think it's only minor issues that can wait for the iCloud update :) (I'd go nuts if I had to replay a match vs. Mac however like the original poster had to :)).

14. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    #714 TheVimFuego, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Another slot gets my vote too.

A dedicated volume control for the gruntometer as well please. ;)

T'would be nice to spend my extra skill points on her too, they are building up fast.

Also, I seem to be able to get a lot of free coins through the ads, not sure if this is by design or should be capped.

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yep, even with it being a separate career I'll make sure you can transfer skill points over.

The max ads per day was set a bit higher as a test to see how it it effects things.

16. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Huge glitch! I had just beaten a player and was now able to compete for the champion spot. I hit save and exit and went to sleep. Woke up today and decided to play for the cup and I ended up starting my career in the tie breaker game from the previous game I had already beaten. I was annoyed but decided to finish it. I beat him (again) and after beating him, the person I was supposed to play against next was named champion. There was no match and I lost somehow even though I never played him. That sucked!

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    This is the same thing as reported above. It's creating a save of a match when the app is interrupted (low battery popup etc.) but only deleting it when you resume from backgrounding completely. Its a new bug as i moved a few things to help eliminate the keychain bug.
    Apologies. Can be avoided by minimise and resuming the game before closing the app, but fix is in the next update

On a more positive note I'm currently playing two player games with myself!

18. alwaysneedsleep

Feb 21, 2016
    Is there a difficulty selector in quick match because I've found that Mac is much easier than in career mode?

Also is there a way to create a second male player that you can vs in quick match? My career player is Federer and I'd like to create Nadal to vs in quick match.

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    There is a counter. When you will reach 30 wins (if I'm not wrong) you will play against the "real" Mac.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I reduced the number of quick match wins to reach full speed in that mode to 20..

I'd like to allow editing of the roster at some point. Its on my (long) list!

Online play is working pretty well so far.. :)