Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    +1 to this. Marvellous game, even better developer.

Been a feature of many of this year's best games that not only the software is good, but the developers also engage with their audience and keep improving.

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks! :eek:

Best way you can thank me is to spread the word about the game however you can! :D

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Finally gave this game the attention it deserves. When I got it on release day, I just couldn't get the hang of it and got frustrated despite how much I wanted to love it. Then I put it down and some other games diverted my attention.

But now after giving it another shot (pun intended) and putting some time in....loving this. Taking time with the trainings was definitely great advice. There is a learning curve but once everything clicks, this is a hard game to put down.

The games get intense and I lose all sence of what's going on around me. Yelled "Damn it" loud on the train this morning.

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    It seems like now Kamui is really tough. And Mac is better than before, too.

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    That's a good thing, right? :)

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Well, yes. :)
    Maybe will you tune down it a bit when pro mode will be out?
    I'm not the best player in the world, but I think now it's impossible for most casual players...

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah, it will go down a bit in mornal mode when pro mode comes. I have most of the tech work for icloud working already, so should be able to do a trophy / stats room, pro mode and icloud as the next update pretty soon. Then ladies + Multiplayer for June. Have to give some time to SSC'16 soon, or it'll turn into SSC'17!

8. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    @Elton

Plz make the ball-boy alive!!!:D
    #####

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I have been meaning to do this for a while :) he already has a run animation.

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    This may be a stupid question and am sure that it's been answered, but....

How do I enter in tournaments? I tap but nothing happens. I assume winning those allow you to buy coins which can then be used to upgrade your player?

Sorry as I know I'm late to the game on this.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    once you tap on the event, it should brighten up and have the yellow highlight around it.. doing that then lights up the "play week" button, which you use to then proceed with your chosen event (or "rest", if that was selected at th ebottom of the events box)

12. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm guessing you haven't bought the ludicrously cheap VIP mode, in which case you actually need your coins to enter tournaments too. If you've been spending coins on upgrading your player, that's actually a bit of a waste. More fun to do the training exercises, win tournaments and play the daily challenge to upgrade your player, and save your coins for tournaments.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY

I bought VIP as soon as I downloaded. When I tap on a tournament all I see is a blue dot On it.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY

Figured it out! Thanks

15. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks, very cool! You're da man!!!:D

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Ah, cool you worked it out anyway.. the calendar is just for reference so you can plan what you want to enter. The "blue dot" just "favourites" a tournament so it auto selects when you hit that week.

17. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Can't wait for multiplayer. Also today I had the idea of a limited speed boost that only lasts for a 5 seconds or so and can only be used 2/3 times a game. It would speed you up up slightly and also allow for diving saves if you're too far from the ball. Ridiculous idea but could be so fun and add a new strategic and dramatic element.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah, I might well put an arcade mode in there that allows a few more power ups etc.
    Difficult as even though it looks arcadey anyway, the current gameplay is reasonably authentic to tennis and I've been a bit reluctant to reduce that.
    But a seperate mode would allow such things..

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    How would people like the ladies tour integrated? Do you think it's should it be tied to the male career, so you can have to play each week for each to continue, or just a completely seperate career "slot"?

The formaer would mean being able to integrate doubles into career in that you could enter mixed doubles events or individual ones.

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I'd prefer a separate slot for sure.

When will you fix challenges?
    I passed level 10 in Serve, 8 in Strokes, 9 in Volley and 5 in Movement.
    I think it's impossible to do better, though.