Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. renoboarder

renoboarder New Member

Mar 14, 2016
    #661 renoboarder, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Crash bug

I am on iPhone 6, IOS 8.1, and I am getting the boot crash. It starts the music for 2 seconds and then crashes. I hope this helps you find the bug. I love your game by the way, nice work! I may be able to get you the crash report if you need it.

2. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Can someone tell me how Strokes Training Level 8 is supposed to be done? I get 20 points if I hit the ball with the correct shot and another 10 if it hits the correct zone. That is 30 points per ball and I am supposed to get 330 points with 10 balls, how is that supposed to work if I can't do more than 30 points per ball?

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Does anyone with a crashing device, who knows their proper UDID and knows how to install from itunes or the iphone configuration utility, able to install a test version?

PM me if you can help!

4. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I can give it a go later, unfortunately I'm detained for the next 10 hours or so working for an evil global corporation (only a slight exaggeration).

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    With a bit of help from renoboarder, looks like I've got a fix, so preparing a build now!

6. TheVimFuego

Dec 7, 2014
    Nice. Tell me I don't have to install Twitter again. ;)

7. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Just a question: is there some kind of rubberband AI in this? Everytime I am up the CPU suddenly starts doing some miracle shots unseen before.

Also does the player start to suck during longer matches? Just playing Australian finals vs. Mac and am up 6:4 6:1 and 2:0 and suddenly my player can't do any shot anymore, the passing balls that went perfectly before just go into the net, Mac suddenly reaches every ball that he hasn't reached before etc.

Also the lobs... those didn't get worse during the match but are throughout pretty random, I don't seem to do anythin different timing wise and some are in and many are out and I have no clue why. It seems when I'm up the chance that they are out is much higher :-/

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #668 Uprising Elton, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    There's zero rubber banding during a match :) there arguably should be some for the best players.. There's a random element in all shots (but based on the attributes) and ai behaviour, and you can get natural runs of luck within that. Lobs aren't what would be called a *high percentage* shot, especially under pressure, so there's a larger random element to those than the other shots.

Stamina effects during a match are coming.. but they won't effect your player.. It will be a tactical thing for you to use against opponents, if you know they tire.

The crash was nothing to do with twitter..:) it just seemed to be something again in the keychain reading, which is still a bit buggy and apple still haven't fixed it. I've changed where the reads and writes happen and slowed down the initial load a bit and it seems to have fixed the problem on renoboarder's device, so I'm submitting a fix update now.

I've put a simple replay option in, and done a tiny bit more tuning.. also if you reset career, any spare skill points you have are retained as long as you restart a new one before you close the app.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I did 12650 points winning tournaments (and I'm not counting Montecarlo, Madrid and Hamburg, where I lost), but I have 12400 points in rankings... What could have happened?

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Your season total works like real life, so it's the best 18 results in the last 12 months, on a rolling basis.. could just be that? it's not just a simple addition of your tournaments.

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Oh, thanks! :)
    Yep, I played 25 tournaments, so 7 are not counted.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    This is one of the reasons there's also an annual earnings figure shown, as it gives a different measure of your achievements.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Just heard the update should be out later today / tonight. Fingers crossed it works or it'll be another late night of testing..

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    OUT!

Runs fine for me.. *nervous wait*

15. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #675 OrangutanKungfu, Mar 15, 2016
    Three cheers for Elton! Delighted this is working again on iOS 8. Might have lost all my progress as I tried a delete and reinstall, but just happy to be back playing. Thanks very very much for the quick fix.

Edit: er, I'm probably just being thick, but have I lost my VIP pass? Isn't there a redeem purchases button?

16. TheVimFuego

Dec 7, 2014
    All good here, thanks for the quick turnaround.

Back to my daily sessions then, I find this game strangely relaxing when in "the zone".

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #677 Uprising Elton, Mar 15, 2016
    I know what you mean! I've been playing it for a couple of years now and I still just sat through 4 rounds of full 6 game set matches and barely noticed the time. That's a pretty good sign really :D

Now I can get back to that iCloud support! :)

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    No, if the blue "Restore" button doesn't appear on the shop screen, it means all your persistent data (and VIP status) is intact. And I'm pretty sure now it's 100% safe forever and won't ever get lost during update or reinstall again too. (well, unless you factory reset the phone!)

19. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Hooray for iCloud!! Really appreciate all thework so far! You are exceptional :)

20. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    One of the best things about this game isn't even the game itself it's the one man developer that actually listens to its fan base and tries to improve their game with their users as opposed to ignoring them. I feel that we have a certain degree of say in the game and that in itself makes us come back for more. Thanks uprising Elton can't wait for the next feature you bring out.