Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The better players are a bit harder to beat in the next update which is still awaiting apple review.

The one after that will have pro mode. Will be harder, forced no AI serve hint, and will fix at 100% speed.

2. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Elton, I love what you did to improve the button swipe! And I am really helped by your hint about timing shots a bit earlier to get more of an angle, makes a lot of difference!

I wonder, would it be possible to switch off the auto-hit? As an option? I THINK I'm late on some shots, but it's kinda hard for me to distinguish from bad positioning (usually good positioning makes timing easier as well ;)). I'm guessing taking off this aid will make me suck royally initially, but then improve my game tremendously...

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    It was added as it stopped a couple of the early testers I had play it getting annoyed if they were too late releasing or swiping amd missed the ball completely. I'll turn it off as part of pro mode I think.

4. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Oh I do like having it. And I probably will be switching it back on. But it'll be good practice, to get the timing right! I don't mind the game helping me out at all, I will be getting the timing wrong in tense rallies at some point, I like the auto swing for that!

5. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    All sounds good. Excited for pro mode! Will it be a whole different mode with its own leaderboard? That would be cool.

6. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    One small request: can you add the Austrian flag to the list of countries when customizing the player please? :)

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah, I'll add it to my list..

v1.5 is out now too! Look forward to hearing how people find it.

Been adding replays and starting on-line play work today.. lots to do!

8. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Updated already but haven't played yet, frustrated that Mac beat me in Ohio :(

Online sounds great, just don't forget about iCloud please :)

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

great work with the update, Elton!!!

at last the serve marker option, and the opponent's mistakes are wonderful too... this game gets better and better!

10. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Liking the update already, the no service hint is a great addition as well as the little tweaks love it.

This game is getting better and better with each update, esp with the replay an multiplayer coming in the next.

Will you be including 1 handed backhands in the future? And this might be a stretch but do you have any plans for line challengers?

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Would like to add challenges at some point. Not sure when just yet though.
    Along with ball wear, choosing a service ball, and new balls (fuzzier - better spin, less speed) Will look at those after multiplayer and the other big features though!

12. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Wow didn't even think of ball wear. That would be insane detail, that would add another great strategic element, clutch tennis esp during multiplayer.

13. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Er, Elton. I think your latest update just broke the game! Won't boot up in my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not booting up is usually a sign of an issue with the download / update application, rather than the game. Nothing has changed in terms of iOS requirement and I'm not getting flooded with emails (this time!). I'd expect a reinstall to work fine, but that will lose your career progress. If it's a bad install there's nothing else that can be done though.

15. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Finally proper lob shots! :)

Other changes seem good, but I have to play a bit more to fully understand them.

Ah, I won French Champ, but I see this only in TCR's achievements, not GC's achievements.
    Usually I don't care in achievements, but I'd like to 100%ize TCR... :)

16. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Is a gender option for characters ever coming?

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Will look into the gamecenter french champs issue. Thanks.

Women are on the way. It'll be june-ish as its a lot of art work.

18. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Latest Update Crash On Launch

It's a great game but the latest crashes after a couple of notes of the intro music.

I'm running Ye Olde iPad 2 with iOS 8.1.1 (been meaning to upgrade but the thing is slow enough already ;))

I'm going to miss my daily session until it's fixed.

I have tried a full restart.

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I did think it might be just me. Thanks for the advice. Darn - there go my five stars. Still, building up the player is the most enjoyable bit anyway!

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Do you know if you were on the previous "latest" version (1.41), or updated from a few versions ago?