Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    What does 'blinking it' mean? I still can't do any lobs or drop shots on Mfi?

Thanks! :)

2. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I am curious about the up and down arrows that are viewable within the buttons in some of the screenshots on the app description in this site?However, they are not present when I actually play the game?

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    They used to be there as a reminder that the buttons are swipable. I put them on before I had any tutorials in the game, but as they are a bit ugly, I removed them later on. Anyone who's played the tutorials will know how to do the shots now anyway.

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    It was a silly pun, sorry. :)
    I meant you have to press and release buttons quickly (like when you blink).

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Update running beautifully. 6s+ 9.0.2

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update should go into review very soon and be with everyone not too long after.. Again sorry about the inconvenience to all those without twitter who had the crash.

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update coming through now.. Phew :)

8. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
  9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Update live in US

10. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    yes live in AT too

11. 123fourfivesix

123fourfivesix New Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Has anyone experienced crashes after the update?

I was just playing for an hour, the app crashed, and I lost all of the progress I had made within that hour.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Where in the game were you when it crashed? Any info you can remember would be helpful if you can PM me with it.

13. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Just ran the update and am definitely finding it much harder to hit topspin on the red button. I know there have been changes made to the sensitive touch area but unfortunately I've found this has made it worse.

Doesn't help that I'm terrible at this game.....

14. Zillions

Zillions New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    After update I had to restore VIP. Once I did I lost my coins and color and outfit unlocks. My career progress is still saved though. Not a big deal as I was resetting my career anyway but wanted to make you aware.

15. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #515 baldeagle86, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    I finally made time to check this out and I'm glad I did! Makes me very reminiscent of Super Tennis, and after reading the first few pages here I'm definitely upgrading to support an awesome developer. Dunno if it's implemented yet but iCloud support for multiple devices is my greatest wish for fun games like this. Can't wait to see what's next!!

Alright I have some rookie questions so bear with me; what are the types of serves in non tennis terms? I have no idea what they mean :( I just thought blue was calm serve and red was angry/hard serve. I know there's swiping and everything also, but I dunno what they mean. Also what is volley? I just assumed it meant rally type serving back and forth, but I seriously have no clue. I've been having fun in quick match just practicing timing my calm and angry shots lol

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    A volley is when you return a shot without letting it bounce first.

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ahh, so there's even unique swings for that? I got a lot to learn

18. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Hey Elton,

Can you elaborate exactly what were the gameplay tweaks in this latest update? My 5* character seems to be significantly weaker now than he was before. What gives?

19. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Blue/red as calm/angry is a decent start. But not exactly. If you swipe up on red, you get topspin which is an offensive shot. That fits into the "angry" category. However, if you pull down on red, you get a slice. This slows down the game, and I use it primarily for defensive play; if I'm out of position I can salvage the rally by putting a slice in. You can, however, use slice offensively, but I suck at that. I do like switching in drop shots every now and then, swipe down on blue.

For a volley, you got to approach the net. This is offensive but also leaves open a weakness. And you can imagine that the hitting becomes different. You pretty much skip about half the court... In the game I don't worry about it too much. Aggressive/normal on red/blue works on volley as well.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #520 Uprising Elton, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    The only real change was a decrease in control of the top spin and flat hits, if the ball is very low. That results in less power.

If you tend tend to get very close to the bounce and hit those shots, that was unrealistically effective before. Now the best power is only acheivable if the ball is closer to the correct hit zone for those strokes.