Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    It's great that you support the ios game developers by spending money on games that are "relatively" expensive, certainly compared with TCR. What was exactly the point In saying this game is not worth your time now since the price has gone up (still much cheaper than most games you mentioned) and you have a backlog. I don't think you go to every game thread that had a price bump to state the fact, (and your condition) "looks like the price is raised, (have backlog anyway)..." So what was the point exactly? Was it, since the response would be predictable, to inform us in a reply that you buy games that are more expensive?

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Man, that daily challenge was annoying. My doubles partner kept lobbing the ball up returns for the opponent to smash. Took me about six or seven goes to beat it. Stupid doubles partner...

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Agreed! I beat it in my second try but ended trying to play it as a singles match because my partner was not very good. On to the next daily challenge!!

4. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I've not been on the forum today, sorry for late reply. There's an update in with apple now that should fix this. Had 1 other report of it. Not sure how, but looks like the season didn't end. I've added some code to the loading of career that should detect this condition and restart progress.

Apologies for the interuption to your play. Hopefully the update will go through quickly.

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You will get a sarcastic response from me as the direct implication of what you said was: "At a dollar I would have played, but as its gone up I'll pass". Think about how your words come across to someone who's spent 4 years of late evenings, nights and weekends working to create it.

It's still *incredibly* cheap to turn it into a non-ad based, premium game, and support the large list of planned updates that are coming.

6. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    It damn sure is, tbh I'd also have paid up to EUR 20 for the premium IAP (I will however never pay for in game currencies as it's a money sink, I also stopped playing Real Racing 3 because of that).

People should really start appreciating premium games and free games with premium IAP and stop this virtual currency cancer from spreading even further.

I can't believe people are complaining about a next to nothing 2 EUR premium IAP.
    But maybe those people really deserve all these 1000 coin for EUR 100 "best value" purchases in most other games these days (or waste their life on "grinding" and "farming" because apparently the time on this planet is worth nothing to them)...

7. crapple2011

Jul 29, 2014
    I have some bug to report: the game moans after almost every match that I should rate it. Now I don't mind such a reminder once in a while, but I think you should give the option to not bug you about this anymore.
    But that is not really the bug, ths bug is that I actually DID rate the game already, actually I gave it a 5 star rating (of course!) AND wrote a review. And now getting nagged about rating the game really is annoying.

8. crapple2011

Jul 29, 2014
    #468 crapple2011, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    I also have huge problems triggering lob shots and drop shots.
    With drop shots however I had the feeling I have to press for a very long time for it to trigger with a 99% chance of the ball hitting the net :(

Does the strength of pushing the button have any effect in the game btw?
    I was just testing my PS3 controller with an app called "Controllers" (some kind of MFI controller test app) and looks like it's able to register how hard you push the A/B/X/Y buttons (or cross, circle, square and triangle in PlayStation speak).

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #469 Uprising Elton, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    The update in now has the following goodies..

Changes to Dynamic difficulty model. (the effect if you start losing lasts longer, so you're not as likely to ping pong between "too hard"<->"too easy")

Larger detection area when swiping off a shot button. (so if you press near the top of the button you can still slide without getting a "button release" before you can swipe far enough for a top spin / lob)

SFX Volume in Options (perfect for podcast listeners)

AI tuning (a few exploits worked on a touch. A bit less chance of the intro difficulty curve making a 4* or 5* player really easy to beat too)

Shot tuning (bigger penalty for trying to hit a power shot off a very low ball)

Fix for Career Events that should not overlap on Calendar. (the 2 Masters events are now 1 week long, which will take effect at the start of the next year if you are in the middle of a year currently)

Other Bug Fixes, (including the "stuck on blank week when the year should have ended" one)

A new "code redeem" screen that allows me to gift coins and VIP status via email contact and code entry.

Rate the game question is much less frequent.

Hope it doesn't take too long..

Next point release will likely be a simple version of the Trophy room, and iCloud synch. I had to get this one in quick as there was a small compliance issue Apple wanted fixed, so I needed to get it in to avoid the game potentially being removed from sale, so I couldn't get those two additions into this one.

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Games can't actually tell if you've reviewed or not, unless you did it from within the app. So if you've already done one because you wanted to, just click yes, then go back to the app. It will stop asking then.

Also the game does ask you to renew your review if the version has changed. This is because good reviews are really helpful, and the app store star rating disappears after an update until enough ratings are in. It's so helpful to smaller games like mine that aren't going to get millions of downloads, that we really do have to ask! :)

11. crapple2011

Jul 29, 2014
    Yes I get it and I will update the review once the update is out.
    Unfortunately what you are saying is especially true about "smaller app stores" like the Austrian one I have to use, only the blockbuster games here even show a rating due to the low number of reviews (that comes naturally with a smaller population in a smaller country).
    It is really completely beyond me why I can only see reviews from the local app store but not all app stores. Or at least let the Austrian app store users also see the reviews and ratings from the German and Swiss app stores, but no (actually I don't understand how it can be that there are app stores for each country anyway, and especially how they legally get away with splitting up the EU app stores into countries, this is in direct violation of one of the EU founding principles "an internal market where competition is free and undistorted").

12. crapple2011

Jul 29, 2014
    A question about the game balance: I am not sure if I royally suck today or if it's due to the AI getting "stronger" but I somehow have a feeling that I have tough time winning today and that it's not that the AI is that much stronger but that my player has become a complete loser despite him being a 5 star player now.
    I just lost to some 2 star player on clay in a 100pts tournament (after previously defeating Mac on hard court!) - and that's all why I am pretty much a baseline player! (which should be the best on clay, not the worst).
    I have backhand and forehand at all stars and the 2 star player seems to shoot much stronger than I am shooting.
    Also most of the time the top spins and slices don't seem to trigger but come off as normal shots (and I am pretty sure I am pressing the B/circle and X/square buttons.

And what are those bars after a career match supposed to mean where it increases forehand, backhand, serve, volley... is that somehow related to the star rating and how does that impact the game (and where can I see my level in these categories)?

Also what is the "shoes" and stuff that I can buy before a match supposed to mean? The energy bar and energy drink is rather obvious (although even for that it would be nice to see how a lower energy impacts your skills during the next match).

13. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Ack. With the latest update, game crashes back to home screen after trying to select any menu item (Options, Career, etc.)--on a 6+ running the latest iOS. I've tried rebooting but not deleting/reinstalling. Doesn't seem to help. Anyone else?

14. mattohara

mattohara Member

May 9, 2015
    Yes. #

15. YaoYao

YaoYao Active Member

May 21, 2014
    I can hit the Gamecenter buttons without crashing (but they just tell me to login #ios9GamecenterBug), everything else crashes me. Really looking forward to being able to play again, it's a rare ray of light in the landscape of mobile gaming.

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #476 atchoo, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    *Don't* try, it doesn't help.

I put a disclaimer in my iTunes review, but I lost my career... :(

17. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #477 Son of Anarchy, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Anything I touch causes an insta-crash... In an effort to help nail it down - 5s latest iOS

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Didn't get any problem on iPhone 5c

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Reinstalling after rebooting doesn't help, too.
    6s Plus last iOS

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Just woke up to see it'd gone live and had a full inbox of problems :(

I'm trying to fix now. I don't get it on any of my devices yet tho!