Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa

Oh, sure, I understand it. ;)

2. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Thank you, I love this game to bits. Best game since Tennis on the Game Boy.

3. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Elton, when the iCloud update goes in will we be able to transfer our save progress immediately or will we have to start again for our save profile to become iCloud compatible?

4. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    It will work with your current save. I will probably add a button to commit your save to the cloud on the career screen, rather that do it all the time, just to save peoples data and battery usage.

5. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Elton, here's a suggestion for the control scheme. Right now, when doing a top spin, as soon as I slide my finger off the button, the game registers that as "releasing". I have trouble with this, as my head wants the timing to be when I release the screen. If I happen to have pressed the button at the very top, I miss a lot of shots. Would it be possible to adjust it to make it so that the release "counts" rather than my fumbling with the buttons?

For the rest I'm perfectly happy the way it is, I'd say the difficulty needs a little tweaking to end up somewhere between pre and post update but still enjoying this tremendously!

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks, there should be a bit of an external zone outside the button that allows slides to continue when moved outside it. I'll check how big it is and improve that.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Yes . This is a great idea .
    Also as u can read all my earlier posts about the difficulty , once I reached four stars in beating everyone relatively easy until the last one or two guys in each tourney .

I think u should add in a few variant celebrations and couple losing actions from the other guy.

Also are there different seasons? That would be cool if not in game yet

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    So I deleted off my device for 1-2 days, reinstalled and started new career. It's much easier now. Won my first tournament by beating Roger. Not sure what was up before. I'm playing the same way. Anyway guess there's egg on my face now. But that's ok.

9. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Great, thanks! I'm guessing this small thing will make much difference! I love the control scheme otherwise, and vastly prefer it over the classic "separate button for everything". I actually think this is a prime example of how to properly use the strengths of a touchscreen!

10. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    That sounds good, I hope the iCloud save is coming soon. I started playing on the iPhone during a business trip but now it home with the MFI controller it would be great to continue on the iPad without having to start over.

11. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Question, I've placed 2nd in two tournaments and lost on the first round on two others. Should I restart my career? Do too there only be a set amount of championshipS, or are they infinite, etc.

I really enjoy this game so much so that I brought the VIP IAP.

Also what is the difference between backhand and forehand in the upgrade screen??

I feel the game can do a better job explaining the lingo better. For instance there a challage instructing me to "drop" or "???" And I don't know what drop or the other one means. This happens often.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You can play any number of years, so you shouldn't need to restart.

Drop shots are explained in the advanced stroke and volley tutorials.

Back hand is a stroke with the ball to your left for a right handed player. Forehand is the opposite side. They are different techniques in real life, and so have seperate abilities in the game.

13. penguin_tri

penguin_tri Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Hi,

I'm really enjoying the game so far, I'm not particularly great at it but it's really fun.

Unfortunately I seem to be stuck and can't advance. There are no events showing or the option to rest so I can't advance to the next week. Any ideas on how I can move on? I've attached a screen shot to show what I mean.

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    It's an iPhone Gamevice, tried it on a CTRLi micro too.

Maybe I just can't tell the difference between the shots?

15. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    iPhone Gamevice here, too, and I do every kind of shot. ;)

There is a big difference between standard and slice...
    Keep in mind you have to press very lightly to make lob shots, drop shots, punch volleys and drop volleys .

16. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Smh, two bucks is too much to get rid off ads in one of the best games on iOS?

Elton, any plans on getting this pixel magic ready for online multiplay?

17. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    This guy, look at this guy! Just wow.

18. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    You mean actually press the physical button lightly? (not something to do with the timing guage?)

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I mean you have to blinking it. ;)
    I don't know if it's intended (for lob shots and drop shots) or it's a MFi bug, though.

20. dacalo

dacalo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    How predictable guys, including the response from the dev. I have bought many games at full price, including Crashlands, Final Fantansy XI, Punch Club, Exploding Kittens , etc this month alone. I was just commenting as a matter of fact and people get all zealous. I never said the game is not worth the money because I haven't spent quality time with the title, but I do dislike playing an ad driven game so I checked the price out of the blue and noticed that it went up.

And to the dev, rather than your passive aggressive remark all you had to say was that you think your game is worth the price.