Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    It would have opponents of lower ability, but the player would also be at a lower level for longer, so should still have enjoyable matches. It would be skippable, maybe by coins or vips. Would just feel like there was more to do over a longer time and give more sense of progress.
    Maybe not needed once multiplayer and pro level are in. Was just one of a few ideas :)

2. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I agree it is too cheap, but I am obsessed with this game. I actually want to spend more money, but I don't need coins.

And I am definitely looking forward to a harder Mac. At the moment, I find Greg the hardest.

3. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Lets have a little competition!

If I'm going to add one "hot-shot newcomer" to the roster in the next update.. who's going to be rivalling you for for tournament wins and testing you to the limit..

What should I call him... And why? (Best answer gets used, amd a little prize when I can think of one!!). (And describe how he should look too!)

4. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I vote for Ivo. He has to be The Service Huffer of service huffers. And if you actually manage to return, he should be a pushover.

I love this game.

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Current ATPesque tour is ok and it has a good progression, in my opinion.
    Honestly I'd prefer a pro mode over a junior tour... And I think the upcoming WTAesque tour will also be a interesting "less power" option.

6. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I would like to see a player who mixes up his shots - slice, spin, drops, the works. I find it most fun when I'm tearing around the court barely staying in the rally and having to react quickly. Maybe you could call him "Djoker" and have him wear lots of purple and black?

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Djoker.. Pretty cool idea! :)

8. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Could have a McEnroe type player (could call him McEroni)with his head band.good at volleying and whenever he loses a point he could always slam his racket down.

9. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you, actually I meant to ask for the drop volley, not the drop shot, and you answered that too :)

10. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, racket slamming please, I always love it when they do that on TV, I dunno why they more or less banned it :(

I wouldn't always have McEnroe slam his racket, but maybe make all players slam the racket from time to time, just give McEnroe a higher probability of slamming it.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I thought it was fairly obvious Mac was already based on him in his early 80s look.. Left hander.. Likes a volley :)

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, it was fairly obvious.

13. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    #433 coccodrillo, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    One suggestion:

Why not playing the World Tour Finals in two groups? Maybe let them play against each other in a tie break modus (3 matches in total, first two of each group advance), semi-final and final 6 games?

Would be more realistic.

14. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    #434 coccodrillo, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    And I agree:
    with the update the game got much easier and I can upgrade my player too fast.

It took me 2 full seasons to finally get to a second round of a grand slam - it felt like a huge success. With the update progress gets too fast and these special moments are gone.

However, really awesome game and the mechanic is pure genius!

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. More tuning and AI tweaks are on the way. Hope to have an update in submission very soon

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I see some strangeness in calendar...
    There aren't actual Masters 1000 on clay lasting two weeks.
    In game career if you play Madrid you can't play Rome. If you play Rome you can't play Madrid and Paris.
    Will you copy 1:1 actual ATP Tour calendar in the future?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/tournaments

17. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    TheBorg: long, blonde hair with headband. Has one arm that is metal and a red glowing eye. #

18. dacalo

dacalo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Looks like the price has been raised. Have too much of a backlog anyways.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Well thanks for that. After such great help and support on this forum, this is a nice reminder of how little value many put on thier mobile entertainment.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The calendar was based on rough dates from a couple of years ago.. But have to be careful how close to the real calendar I go as the game isn't associated wth the ATP in any way. I'll look at fixing the length of them for the next update.