Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    If you could record your screen and share if this persists I like to see.

2. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The vip purchase doesn't disappear from the shop when you have it anyway. But you cant pay for it twice as its not a consumable. If you lost your vip benefits updating.. Thats puzzling as it shouldn't...

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Not really liking the changes after update. Feels like a completely different game. I mean if I hadn't played the release version maybe it'd be different but after putting in quite a few hours you get used to how the game plays and now it plays completely different. Serving is more difficult, my shots don't seem to have as good of control, etc. Was just the #1 seed in a tiebreaker tournament and lost first match vs unseeded guy 7-0. That would never happen.

4. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG

i like the always on bottom option but on the other side im feeling the game is too easy...only reached year 2 and already on 3rd place, only 1 tournament which i lose from playing against the guy Mac,...hopeing that dev could give us a hard mode later on !!!

5. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Guess I just suck then. Probably won't keep at it much longer. Losing to inferior opponents just isn't fun.

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #386 atchoo, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Well, don't use that option, then! :D

I autocap myself, though. If the game is "easy" (and it isn't, many couldn't win...) this is the way.

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #387 Uprising Elton, Feb 25, 2016
    See, this is the challenge for me... :) on the same page.. "too easy now" and "since the update it's too hard"

But nothing has changed regarding the power, control or anything to do with the players shots since the update. Only power serve has had decreased accuracy, so it's a bit harder to perfectly ace once you are good.

Actually, there was a tiny bit more of a boost in control for a well timed swing, but its a very small boost, and it shouldn't be that noticeable.

After 120 wins, all AI players move up 1 AI level, which takes a tiny bit off their reaction time, but otherwise does nothing.

A Pro mode is on the way for those who are now too good, I'll elt you knwo when it's incoming.

8. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I see this in my top spin shots. Maybe I wasn't swinging too well, before. :D

Does this counter reset itself when you reset your career?

Great. :)

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, it's tracked in the career save only.. a seperate counter drives the same thing in single matches.

10. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Played about 10 matches since update and have 1 win. Majority of the time I can't even win a point in a game. Wasn't great before the patch but was probably winning 50% of the time. I'm playing the same way. Hate to say it but I think I'm moving on.

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not to worry. Hope you'll revisit in the summer when the biggest planned update lands. If you could manage to record a game or two of your play so I could look at how your matches are going, it would be incredibly useful though.
    I found out today one of my friends hadn't even noticed the player energy bar and was losing because he had zero energy and his players effectvie level was impared. Just mention it just in case this was effecting you (or anyone else).

12. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Since the update the game seems to have become a huge amount easier, from struggling to compete in small tournaments I was able to win a Grand Slam on my first go without any difficulty whatsoever. Skill points are given out too easily now.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #393 Uprising Elton, Feb 25, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback. Tuning is going to be an ongoing process to keep as many people happy as possible. hopefully after a break from playing and an update or two you'll be challeneged and enjoy playing again.
    I'll definitley be toughening up 3* to 5* ranked opponents in the very next update, and addressing a couple more of the cheesier whas you can get joy against the AI.. And I'll try and get iCloud, and the firts version of the trophy room in too.. all by next week!

14. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Thanks for your feedback on my feedback. It is a really brilliant game and I'm looking forward to all the continual improvements (I can't wait for the future football game too).

15. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Elton, a friend of mine was wondering if it is possibile a one-button version.
    Maybe swiping in four direction?

Tap > Flat shot / Power serve / Standard volley / Smash (contextual)
    Tap and swipe up > Lob shot / Slow serve
    Tap and swipe down > Drop shot / Drop volley
    Tap and swipe right > Top spin shot / Power kick serve / Punch volley
    Tap and swipe left > Slice shot / Slow kick serve

I think you already tried it, though. Wasn't it well working?

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Trouble with this is the directions don't make as much logical sense and you have to remember them, and it's a lot to remember.. :)

I'm going to be testing an AI assisted, 1 finger mode soon.. Based on having couple of buttons that you press and swipe, but instead of up/down as shot selection, left and right on the swipe picks direction. Maybe 1 button can stil handle the main 3 shots. This will be the super casual mode, and *think* it's going to be quite good.. not sure when I'll get it in a release though.. probably nearer the summer update.

17. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hey atchoo!

When I get the chance, yes I do

But my problem is more when I come up against a 1.5-2.5star character that can punch cross court winners off of a serve or hit an unplayable shot out the blue.

For now I'm just improving my own game but advice is very much appreciated.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Today is the last day of the really good App Store placement for Tennis (For now at least..) so if you haven't yet shared news of the game with people and want to help, now is the time! :)

I want to say a big thank-you to everyone who's helped get the game of the the start it has done. It means I will be able to push on with the updates I want to do, and keep the game improving for everyone.

Now back to work.. :)

19. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm telling friends about this in Blighty. I'll bet it does well as we approach Wimbledon in a few months. Everyone in the UK goes tennis crazy for a bit.

20. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Hit 4 stars, won my first major (London), beating Mac in the process (6-2, 6-1, 6-1) and entering the Top 10.

Feels like an achievement after slowly leveling my skills up. I do agree that it seems easier post update, though. I think skill points should perhaps be a tiny bit tougher to get.