Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The Dpad deadzone option only effects the on screen dpad.. Basically how far form the center you need to press to move. I added a bit of a fixed deadzone on the analogue stick for MFi controllers. I'll tune it better when I get my hardware, and add a proper options page for cntrollers.
    Maybe Stats are counting minibreaks as break points.. or it's remembering who served the 1st point and counting it as a break if you win the game.. will take a look, thanks.

2. Lewis_Skolnick

Lewis_Skolnick New Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Can anyone tell me when to use a top spin shot. I don't see any significant difference between a flat and top spin shot.

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Ah, ok. I was feeling the right deadzone on my Gamevice*, but I wasn't understanding why it was ok whether I choose small deadzone or big.:D

* it's just perfect now

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    When you want to be more aggressive.
    I see a huge difference, though.

5. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hi guys :)

I've played this game quite intensively these last two days and my character is up to 4.5 stars but I'm getting WACKED by CPU with 1.5 stars.

What am I doing wrong?

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Do you serve accurately? Do you hit "good" or "perfect" shots and properly angle them to drive rallies? Do you come up to the net when it is right? And so on... :)

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #367 Ayjona, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    I've the opposite experience. While all the intricacies and different shots are delightfully difficult to master (or learn to apply, or even remember), and there is such extensive depth to explore, the AI is really a pushover.

I score perfect matches (no points lost) against 3+ star AIs with my 1.5 star character on a regular basis, just through proper ball placement and well-timed shots. And I've yet to memorize a single shot other than pressing either strike button :)

EDIT: not that it really takes away much from one of the few and better sports games I've ever enjoyed, though.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    My character is 3 stars and I'm also getting dominated by 2 star characters after the update. Just lost 7-0 in tiebreaker game. Another thing I've noticed is even though all of my movement stats are 4 stars my character doesn't really feel like he's moving any faster than he did when I first started. Still like the game but think I liked it more pre-update.

9. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    What exactly does energy do? Does it affect whether you can enter tours or does it play into your player's performance?

10. SkyHi

SkyHi Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I'm able to beat all of the players now that my character is at 5 stars, but I find that many of the harder challenges come from lower ranked opponents, especially guys like Neil and Keiji, who are tougher than almost all the top players. The key to winning is obviously having good stats so that you can break serve but practising your serve is probably the most important thing.

11. wino

wino Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Is anyone having issues serving? The d-pad cursor won't move towards the baseline, and I double-fault nearly every time in career mode. This just started after the last update. It doesn't appear to be an issue in quick match.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

no issues here.

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Crank up your control

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Two questions

After update so I have to purchase the vip again because the option is back to purchase again.

Also is there a way to record my games inside the game so I can upload my game play and someone could possibly tell me what I'm doing wrong .
    I downloaded other tennis games and I'm destroying people In those games.
    This one I bought coins , watch videos and upgraded my stats with coins yet one star guys are hitting balls like Agassi all over the place . Lol
    What am I doing wrong. Only game I've ever been this challenged in

15. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    #375 xjaff, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    No issues here after the update. You probably are already aware of this but just remember the d-pad is only used for side to side movement of the cursor for serving. Movement of the cursor further forward toward the baseline is controlled by the length of time you hold the red or blue button down, the longer you hold one of the buttons the further the cursor moves forward. Try holding the button longer, or confirming that you are not accidentally sliding off the button early - I find it easy on touch controls to miss or move off the button without realizing.

16. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    When you purchase it again it says you were already vip and not billed

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Are you on a Mac? There is native device recording built into Quicktime. I'd actually be curious to see video of how you play because your problems seem strange and I'm thinking might be something other than a bug with the game.

18. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I am still really struggling with volleying. I never approach the net because so often my volleys go out. Might it be because my volley stats are relatively low? Has anyone with an MFi controller mastered them, or at least successful enough to give some tips? I am curious if it might be a controller issue. Nearly all my volleys go out.

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    How low?
    MFi controller here and my volleys are ok. I think it's a matter of right timing in coming to net and hitting the ball. Don't press the button too long, you have to touch it lightly.

I could reproduce this bug.
    e.g. If I start serving in the bottom side and I win the first 6 points, when I win the game on the opponent serve (7-0 or 7-3, I have to try 7-5) "1 break point won" appears every time.
    I'll try other combos.

I found a little bug in draws.
    I don't know if my career reset could be the reason.
    I won the first tournament, then I began Auckland and I was 1st seed! :eek:
    Actual 1st seed was against 3rd seed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    It affects your player. You can still enter events if you want.. Your stats are reduced as you tire.