Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Awesome update. I thought I'd stick purist so I can master the game from both ends but I'm loving playing facing forwards all the time.

Thank you Elton for such a speedy update. Talk about responsive to player feedback.

What a game. It will never leave my devices.

2. JustARookie

JustARookie New Member

Oct 1, 2015
    What an awesome game! In future updates, will you ever add new sound effects, new celebrations or even multiplayer?

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    All planned.. Yes.

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Can't wait to hear our little players vocals. Hopefully this game is successful enough to see the game fully fleshed out. It's great already but the extra touches and polish are always welcome.

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #325 Jayg2015, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    No help with the update. I've always been able to hit the ball over the net . Now it's only going over 70% off the time compared to 100.
    No drop in computer ai for me.
    Do I need to delete this game and download it again to get it to update .
    I'm two tournaments in and have played level
    6 of each training . All tutorials have been played.
    Not sure why I can only win 2 matches right at the start of the career.
    I can't catch up to the computers hits 50% of the time no matter how many stars they have or me.

I seriously want to break my phone . Lol but really it's one of the more frustrating games I've played but keep playing

6. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    An awesome game just got....awesomer. It's so good to see a developer so active here and responding to players suggestions. This is what makes the TouchArcade forums great!

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #327 Uprising Elton, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Shouldn't need to reinstall anything.
    The AI is reduced to the lowest possible level with fairly slow reactions, and the maximum rating for all opponent abilities is clamped to 0 stars for the first 5 wins.
    And that maximum only goes up 1 half-star for every 5 wins. Until you've won 20 matches, even 2 star players are playing at a reduced level.
    And the game speed takes 30 wins before its at full speed.
    I cant make it much easier and have you actually have to hit a ball back.
    Just playing a fresh install from the update on the appstore, and the AI is hitting very slow shots and not reaching most of mine.. Match 3 of 1st event..
    Now won 1st event and 2 games of second not needing to try too hard. have had 1 level up aready, used stars so I'm 2 star. Just hitting the ball away from the AI guy is winning matches easily for me?
    And if you do lose now, it now drops back about 20% on that progression.. 2 losses in a row, goes even further back.

8. JustARookie

JustARookie New Member

Oct 1, 2015
    The game feels much easier now for me. Before the update, I was struggling to win.

9. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Hmm, I can still exploit the serving.

10. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

JayG, knowing your favourite genre is "idle clickers" - are you sure you're doing more than just mashing buttons here :) :p

Only kidding, but maybe it's had an effect on your gaming skills :D

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I play almost every game and genre that come out every week . My fav are clickers. Thanks for caring though ;|

The game updated in mid tournament for me . So the ai didn't seem to drop until I lost the game. After I lost it I beat the next two tournaments so the update improved .
    Not frustrating anymore as I'm beating 4 star players 1st try.
    Balls aren't being smashed that I can't run to anymore.

12. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK - do I download the update or not? I'm enjoying it as it is, and I don't mind playing top or bottom of the screen...

13. SkyHi

SkyHi Member

Jul 17, 2012
    #333 SkyHi, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    I'm still having save trouble, after the update I was playing in the Paris masters, I won the first round then saved and exited the app, when I returned the competition was over and I had another 20 coins taken from my balance. Also, I still can't gain any more colours, regardless of what I earn, I only have 5 colours to choose from.

14. Hoodin

Hoodin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2016
    This update is FANTASTIC! I love that I can always be on the bottom! I do much better from the bottom! I'm a power bottom!!!

15. mattohara

mattohara Member

May 9, 2015
    best

16. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

There is no replay during the game? Slow-mo would be appreciated.

17. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I don't know how I managed it, but I took down my first major tournament!

http://imgur.com/ylzplW6

This one was full of 5 star players in most of the rounds I won. Compared to my 2.5 star rookie, I'm still stunned that I pulled it off.

18. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    I second this question

How many wins do we need before the new dynamic difficulty doesn't kick in when we update?

I'd really like to keep it at the current difficulty even though i'd like to get the bottom only option

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #339 Uprising Elton, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    If you've won more than about 50 matches in your carreer, you shouldn't really notice any change in the difficulty.
    From there, if you lose a match, the next one is only going to be very slightly easier, but it's more likely to be a weaker opponent in the 1st round of something anyway. So you would probably win anyway and the difficulty would be back to maximum.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Replays... Should be easy enough..

Would be needed for a challenge system anyway, which I would like to add