Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. furion00

furion00 Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I think I have cracked the game. I now can win any single match with just the same serve and shot choices. Look for me in GC!

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    How many skills do you have?

I remember I have cracked Super Tennis, too, but it's normal: if you couldn't win every time it'd mean CPU is cheating.
    Elton was talking about a very hard mode, let's see. Or you could auto-cap your skills. :)

About bottom playing: I'm with Boardumb. With SWOS I didn't like playing downward for a while, it's a matter of habit I think

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I have no problems player from the top.. I often seem to serve better from there for some reason.
    This is why its just an option :)

Also.. I have been alerted to a bug.. If you accumulate more than 50 skill points without applying them, the skills screen can crash. Just wanted to let you know so you can avoid this.

Has only effected a couple of people who bough 3 Super bundles in one go (have to ask "why??" :) ) but its not fixed in the pending update.. And you can swap coins for skill pts in that so maybe more people could hit it. Will be fixed next update anyway.

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah same for me

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Now it's all about yourself...
    If you love playing TCR, you will auto-limit yourself in some way and you will look for new challenges*. :)

* I remember when I was playing Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 on PS2 with a WTA player against cpu-controlled ATP players.

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #306 Uprising Elton, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Was bound to happen after a while :) obviously I'm aware of what methods bring the best results..

The update in now has added more error to your power serve, and less range of movement on the slow one. These might help a bit.

Will be adding some new strategies and AI decisions that will try and challenge you again in future updates..

It also has a bit better return of serve AI, so you shoudln't be able to cheese it quite so much.

Oh, and I fixed the "too many stars" bug too and resubmitted with an expedite request as it was potentially serious.

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #307 atchoo, Feb 23, 2016
    So we could hope for a very quick approval... :)

How about kick serve? It is very effective, I think.

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, error applied before the spin factors are applied when doing it.. so power kick will have the same extra inaccuracy.

9. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ah ha! brilliant! :)

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Dear god I'd kill for multiplayer

11. Nutcase

Nutcase New Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Does anyone also have issue with career saving and loading? Sometimes Im in tournament and when i save and exit the game, and then again log in, everything is lost and im pushed to one week later.

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #312 Uprising Elton, Feb 23, 2016
    Not had any reports of this. When you mean Save and Exit.. do you mean you back out from the career hub, or just minimise the game and force close the app?
    Career and any match in progress should be auto saved whenever you press home and background the app. Are you on the latest version (1.2)? And what device / iOS version?

13. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    I win one game then get my A$$ beat in career mode. Any help before I throw my iPad through the wall?!?!?!?!

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #314 Uprising Elton, Feb 23, 2016
    Don't rush.. Play the tutorials, play a few minigames to get a few extra skill points.
    In matches worry about returning to a decent position after you play your shot.. concnetrate on hitting the ball well and covering the angles.. you'll soon find yourself winning points.

If your reactions aren't quite fast enough, use the new shoes boost to get a bit more running speed to make up for it.

If your iPad is still in jeopardy, put it down and wait for the next update, which has a softer difficulty curve :D

15. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Can't wait for the new update, is it still under review?

Also, does a limit exist for watching ads to receive coins? I seem to have hit the limit a few times, as I'll go to the shop screen and the option won't be available - I was wondering what it is exactly

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Unless anythign fails review (the last 2 updates didn't so this shouldn't) it should be out later today hopefully.

There's a cap of 10 videos within 24 hours, and occaisionally the ad network has nothing to show due to cacheing. They will come back, but can take a little while.

17. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    Thanks. This really is a great game. Fun, great replay value and hard enough to piss me off. It's good to have a challenge.

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update is coming through now!

Look in the options all you "hate playing from the top" people :D

19. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    LOL, I e-mailed you about this via the website's contact form and you got back to me saying you'd see if it was possible.

A few days later, this update was announced. Thanks for getting to it so fast. I'm glad I'm not the only one who just isn't good enough to learn playing on the top! haha

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Now just waiting patiently for someone to tell me I've ruined it, or not! :)