Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    :)

Is there a thread for SSC'16? And will it have the Portuguese league?

Thanks!

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Five 5 stars reviews in italian store just now! ##

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Will start a thread for SSC '16 when there's something more to see. Bit early.. :)

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yes please! I think it's also time to add the Chinese Super League as many big names signed there.

5. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    MFi Buttons

I've been searching this thread but couldn't find the answer... does anyone know which button does which shot on MFi controllers? Do you have to hold the buttons down in the same way as you do with the onscreen controls?

Also.. Apple TV support? ;)

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thats been an issue for me in nearly every sports game that changes perspective like that. Changing which side of the court you are on shouldn't have to change the view. Lost countless games of NHL92, 93 or 94 (forget which was which-for the Sega Genesis) because of that. And plenty of other games. Blah. Add a perspective option if you would, please. Player Always on Bottom/Top of the screen/switch during match-something like that.

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #287 atchoo, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016

A = flat shot, power serve and standard volley
    X = top spin shot, kick serve and punch volley
    B = slice shot, slow serve (this doesn't work on my Gamevice, actually) and drop volley
    Y = lob shot and slow kick serve
    Y + down = drop shot

Same timing, different feeling (obviously).

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What is ssc16

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for answering that Atchoo.

And playing only from the bottom is in the forthcoming update that's in the review queue with apple righ tnow..

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Search the AppStore for SSC'14, then imagine that, but better :)
    (very early vid of '16 is on youtube, and linked on the first couple of pages of the "Upcoming" forum's Tennis Champs thread.)

11. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ah Amazing! thanks :) If there could be a screen in game to show this that'd be awesome! (and a screen reminding me how to do the shots with the touch controls too would be very handy!)

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Look in the options, and turn "Help Popup" On. Start of next point you'll get the touch screen help/
    Will be adding tutorial and help text for controllers soon. (I need my own hardware to arrive first so I can make sure it's all perfect.. should be improved in upcoming 1.3 update, but 1.4 should nail it)

13. Goombaslayer

Goombaslayer Member

Nov 17, 2011
    What do the wild cards mean/do? And how to you earn them?

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    They are part of the Super Bundle and given out occasionally as level up rewards. They let you enter a tournament your ranking would usually prohibit you from entering.

Makes sense as if you've bought the bundle and added the star points, your ability may be a bit ahead of your ranking position.

I'm contemplating phasing them out, and just increasing the coin cost to enter a tournament you're not qualified for. (which would show as a smaller coin charge for that scenario for VIPs, instead of the usual free entry) It's just a bit simpler? And basically when you've been playing a while and are inside the top 64, you're pretty much qualified for all the events anyway (except the world champs, which is top 8 only) and can't use any wildcards you've got. I'd swap them for coins automatically if I do this.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Man, maybe it's just me, but I feel like this "always play on the bottom" option is cheating! I mean, I get it, if you were the actual person in the game playing tennis it would look the same to you either way, but I just feel like this is one of those "video game" things that a player should have to learn and adapt to. I sucked horribly on the top for a long time, but I've gotten much better and now I like playing from both sides.

It's an option that's going in so everyone can be happy, and that's great, just was curious if I'm the only person who feels this way :)

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing while knowing that I'll be using the bottom option as soon as it's available. :)

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha!

Just popping in to say that my thoughts on the "always play on the bottom" thing are pretty much the same as Jared's and I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it! :)

18. c00ch

c00ch New Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Force close app did not make a difference, but an full reinstall did. At least so far serve is working again as it should. But after you mentioned it I recall that the button never changed colour as if input just stalled after the ball was released (i.e. touch-and-hold did not register). Anyhow, back in the game now. :)

19. brianphill77

brianphill77 New Member

Feb 19, 2016
    How do I know when I need to use Fresh Shoes + Mobility, or Fresh Strings + Power? Energy is obvious, but not sure for the others.

20. SkyHi

SkyHi Member

Jul 17, 2012
    It's probably best to use if you find yourself deep in a tournament and run into a higher ranked opponent or one that you have had trouble with in the past. It would be better to use it in a grand slam or 1000 tournament since winning these matches will give you more points for a win.