Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    1 star review in Italy because of controls. :(

"Sending the ball in the intended way is almost impossible"

I disagree, but I hope my 5 stars review is more persuasive. :)

2. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Lovely game. I wish the devs made a football game like this :)

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Update going in now.. Or woild be if the xcode uploader would blooming well work!! Argh!

4. Cyl

Cyl Active Member

Nov 15, 2013
    France
    #264 Cyl, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    The Bird brothers must know Dino Dini ;)

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    And Jon Hare. ;)

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Oh wow that was quick! Very excited for the update. Thanks for all the hard work.

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #267 Uprising Elton, Feb 21, 2016
    Still not uploaded. No idea if its my fault or apple's. The error message is completely vague and no help.:(

And its now going up.. No idea what was up there.

8. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Oh sweet lord, iOS needs a Sensible Soccer. Tennis Champs Returns is probably the best of them, but we're not short of decent tennis/table tennis games on this format. Football (aka soccer) has nothing decent in the arcade format beyond NSS - which is great, but not real football.

9. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Sir, you are a an absolute legend. Not only making such a great game single handedly but getting an update out so fast as well. Sounds like it might well help with the problems I'm having as well. Nice to know it's not just me!

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The above list is pretty much it for 1.3.

On MFi controls, I couldn't see anything actually wrong, but I have added a deadzone to the directional stick. Will sort out the tutorial text for it and make sure its all perfect next time, when I'll actually have hardware to test on!!

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    This is what SSC'16 is going to be for! #

12. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    AFAIK the only real issue was the lack of the bar on screen to tell how long to hold the hit buttons and when to release them.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Ah yes, I fixed that. :)

14. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #274 brybry, Feb 21, 2016
    I'm getting killed in almost every match! And yet, I still can't get enough of this game! The AI just seems too ready to receive my shot (they don't get siked out). The ability to aim each shot works for me. As I improve my stats, the floaty'ness of each shot becomes quicker and more accurate. This game easily earns 5 stars!

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #275 Jayg2015, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    What's the point of training? I don't get anything from it. I'm level 5-6 In each category and nothing has happened. No stat upgrades, no coins, no skills .
    Am I missing something.
    Also I deleted my data and redownloaded the game , started over from scratch.
    Same thing happened again . 1st tournament I won and didn't get scored on once in four matches.
    I put my skills in. I bought vip.
    Started the second , third , fourth tournament , bought all power ups and can't win a match.
    How long until the update comes out.
    Would really like to enjoy the game like some of the other people playing now

Also desperately need a restart button for training . Hitting quit and coming back is a slower process.

Still give this 5 stars because this game is all there. Just needs a couple of tweaks.
    Can't wait to play the finished product

16. SkyHi

SkyHi Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Each training level passed is meant to give you a half star skill point increase in one of the 3 skills related to the type of training you have done. So if you complete 1 level of volley training you'll get a half star increase in either power, accuracy or control of your volley, though you can't choose which one to improve as it does so automatically.
    I can't wait for the next update and hope multiplayer is not too far away either.

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    And slow serve (= B) not working.

Anticipation is high here. :D
    From what I saw it seems more SWOSesque than Kickoffesque and I appreciate this. :)

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The update is in the review queue and hopefully wont be long.

Pretty sure the more gradual difficulty increase will help everyone, and its more generous with xp and skill points too.

Thr AI is making more mistakes all round, and reacts a tiny bit slower. Hopefully not enough to suck the challenge from the better players (just got taken too a tie-break in a final myself, so seems OK..) But will add a pro-mode next update to be the ultimate test.

19. c00ch

c00ch New Member

Jan 6, 2015
    So I'm pretty sure I've encountered a bug that was game breaking for me. After playing Career mode for a couple of hours I couldn't get a single serve over the net anymore. The aiming reticule is stuck behind the net and can only be moved left and right. At first I thought it had something to do with putting my skill points into the serve. Yet even after career reset I can't get a single serve over the net. Before that I managed to hit aces left, right and centre. But now the game has become unplayable for me. A real bummer.

20. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #280 Uprising Elton, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Do you have any kind of controller connected?
    If you've force closed the app and reopened, and it still happens, can you try single match with some different characters, and if that's OK, send me a screenshot of your career hub screen and player skills screen?
    The only thing that moves the aiming cursor is the length of tine the button is down. No player abilities are involved at this point. Is the button your using to serve brightened up, but the target not moving?
    Obviously quite a few people have played long sessions and this hasn't happened.. So something pretty weird here..