Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    #241 Stevencarla, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    elton, can u pls consider to add the players current rank next to the player's name on the VS screen which is the one before entering a match? so that we dont have to go back and look up our oppoent's current ranking , thanks !

and really wishing that the option for sticking to one side would come next update, as it gets so hard when playing on top side when u progress to like rank 40 above.. can elton please consider to put this as first priority ?thanks

2. Vanillawillis

Vanillawillis New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Well used to Elton you could watch vids for 15 coins, but they haven't seemed to be coming back, and as someone who really struggles in tournaments ( I usually lose the first match) I use a lot of coins. And because I lose and do very poorly I can't gain experience, so therefore I can't gain coins really that way. So I don't really know what to do. It seems the only way I can really play is to pay for VIP. :(

3. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    what do you mean ?? you can still watch videos in this game to earn coins

4. alwaysneedsleep

alwaysneedsleep Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hi long time user of toucharcade app, first time posting but this is the best tennis game on ios so I felt compelled to post. I've been waiting for something like this for a very long time and want to see it grow and improve.

One thing that I had noticed when returning serve was you can virtually receive at the service box line and hit a return winner down the line, even off a mistimed shot. I think that can be fixed my possibly making the return be more of a slower floating shot if not timed perfectly.

One more thing I'd love to see is a cap on ability points, I think it adds a bit of strategy and uniqueness to your character when you have to strategies what kind of player you want to be e.g. Volleyer or a strong forehand type player etc.

A permanent scoreboard with the games and points would be good to have in the top left hand corner, that would stop the need to have the scoreboard flash up between points, as I feel it breaks the flow of gameplay when you have to wait for the scoreboard to disappear.

A serve position memory system would be good too, for those that like to reposition their player from the default position.

These are wish list improvements. A line call system would be awesome, and so would an instant replay system.

Again this is by far the best tennis game out there, puts virtua tennis and the rest to shame. Great work!

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ok, one gripe. So many times my shots are clearly on the line whether it be service or ground stroke and it is called out. Ahem, tennis is about hitting the lines, not ball inside lines. Maybe some refinement could be had. Now back to the accolades, this shyt is awesome!

6. Vanillawillis

Vanillawillis New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    I'm not able to. Maybe I just hit the limit(I lost ALOT) but it just says you have to pay for coins now.

7. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    o i dont really use coins though.. but im only on rank 40 sth..so dont know.

8. SkyHi

SkyHi Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I have a serious bug to report. While I was playing volley training level 9, I achieved a terrible score and yet passed to the next level, so I saved my game since it has crashed before, only to realise that all of the colours I unlocked were now gone and about 200 coins.

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #249 atchoo, Feb 21, 2016
    I was talking about a game becoming too easy with MFi controls. Top spin and kick serve have their own buttons, I feel like I'm cheating...
    But I agree with you about joystick.

10. KoOne23

KoOne23 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Just completed my first year and I have to say, I may have finally got a hang of the game! Managed to beat most of the top players and won the World Champ. Mac is by far not the best player I have played against, in fact I was able to beat him 6-0 in the final of WC. He has a very predictable style and a one particular type of shot (won't spoil it) almost always beat him. The hardest player I have played against would be Drew, played him in the semi-final of WC and he was insane. May have even spent more than half an hour on him.

Still wasn't able to go beyond what I have in my trainings tho, 9,7,7,5 -kinda gave up those. Was able to figure out how to do the kick serve further up court, thanks for the reply Elton!

Just one final thing I would like to re-iterate, I'd really love it if the two action buttons can be moved to the position similar to SSC'14 where the RED button is slightly above and to the right so my grip on my iPad would be comfortable and I wouldn't mis-click so much. Kinda hard to keep stretching down and looking down at the position of the buttons all the time while having to focus on the match.

Other than that, TCR is no doubt an outstanding game, arguably the BEST tennis game I have ever played in mobile platform. Kudos!

Attached Files:

11. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    1reply as its early and I've not begun to work..

There is a daily limit on ad views. Think it can take a bit of time to come back when you hit it.. It happened to me in testing it once, but they did come back.. Also depends on there being ads available too.

I'm looking into a everything I've had reported so far.

12. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm loving this game, but seriously suck at it. I seemed to start off ok but I'm being hammered by everybody now and I haven't won a match in ages. And I'm well into my second year now. I must be doing something wrong....

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #253 Uprising Elton, Feb 21, 2016
    I'm tuning this for an update now.

You've basically won enough so the "training wheels" that hold the CPU players back have dropped off, and now it's too hard for you.

The update should stop this happening.

1st Update will have:-

Dynamic difficulty adjustment (to stop above)
    AI exploits closed
    More AI errors chance
    No increase in AI performance until you are basically killing everyone.
    Fixes for typos and minigames with wrong scores
    "Always play at bottom" option
    New ability XP bars, that allow you to level up faster. (Was in earlier versions but removed)
    Increased XP earn rate for everyone. (VIP still double)
    MFi controller fixes.
    Earn XP using career player in Single Matches
    Raising minimum game speed to 90% to minimise floatyness in the early game.
    Fix for Pause button in Tutorials - will now exit so yiu can restart.
    Option to swap coins for Star Points..(under TRAINING or SKILL Menu (TBD))

Will add more as I go..

14. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG

thanks for hearing us !! cant wait for the update especially the bottom side option !!

15. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Love the bottom end only option

However, please please please put in options to retain the current difficulty. Please:)

16. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    All changes to difficulty will not effect anyone with more than a certain number of wins. So if you've already proven to the game you can handle it, you'll notice no difference :)

(except the AI will do a few new things in places)

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I passed Training Serve Level 10 and now, if I pass it over and over, I get skills every time.
    Is it intended?

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not sure :) It's hard to do though, right?

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yes, it's not easy, but not so hard once you get used to it.

20. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Cool:)

But what if i install it on a new device?