Tengami - (by Nyamyam Limited)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Tengami Release Date: February, 20th

The file size is 206MB, but I don't know yet what size the AppStore will show. It might be a few MB more or less. I noticed a small difference in file size when uploading it to Apple. We tried to keep the file size as small as possible for fast download and so that you don't have to delete a lot of apps just to play Tengami.

At last I can announce the official release date. Tengami will be released this Thursday, February the 20th on the AppStore.
    The price point is: $4.99, £2.99, €4.49, ¥500
    Universal app, requires iOS7.

I updated the website with screenshots just taken today:
    http://tengami.com

We support 14 languages at launch. Here is the full list:
    Available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Danish, Swedish and Turkish.

Also have iCloud saving and GameCenter (Achievements) support.

2. ivankio

ivankio Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Awww, just my luck. I got an ipod 4th generation. Any forecast for PC?

3. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Windows and Mac will be released this summer. I can give a more accurate timeline after iOS launch in a couple of weeks. If you like you can already pre-order it here:
    http://nyamyam.com/buytengami

The pre-order gifts are nice and it will subscribe you to our mailing list for important updates. We won't spam your inbox!

4. Loopzie

Loopzie New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Thia game really caught my attention. And since the producer is here active on the forum. I have two question which hopefully will have an answer :)
    I was wondering, how long would the game take to complete?
    Is the game final, or will there content introduced further down the line?

Thank You :)

5. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    We approached Tengami with the idea of it being length wise a cinema experience. Cinema movies are usually between 90 and 120 minutes and from our playtests this was also the time frame that people needed on an average to complete the game. Considering the asking price and that it is an innovative and unique game experience that length seemed like a good fit to us.

The game is a complete experience, but it would be easily possible to introduce additional chapters if players wanted us to create more Tengami.
    We would absolutely love to do more with it.

And we don't have producers ;-). We are only 3 people, everyone is a Game Creator at Nyamyam.

6. Loopzie

Loopzie New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    First of all, thank you for the quick reply :)
    Second, sorry for using the word - producers - but I'm Portuguese so from all the words that came to mind, that seemed the most appropriate :) Sorry.

As related to the question, it seems fair enough the length for the price. I was going to buy the game anyway, but now I don't need to wait for reviews I make the choice.
    I can't wait to play it :)

Thank you once again for the reply and I hope the game turns out to be successful and more great things to come :)

7. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    I hope that when released the TA thread gets a whole lot more than 3 pages of action. I'll be buying on release, it looks splendid!

8. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Less than 24 hours until Tengami hits the AppStore. I know NZ and Australia already have it. Here is a list of things to do in preparation :)

1) Read your favourite pop-up book and marvel at the folding.
    2) Get the craft knife out and build this Tengami inspired pop-up. Download the pop-up template here.
    3) Tengamify your desktop and iDevices with this beautiful wallpaper.
    4) Learn how to read Japanese numbers here. Seriously you will thank me later.
    5) Tell all your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ...that Tengami is coming tomorrow.

Speak soon in the 'released' games forum :).

9. Whiterabbitm

Whiterabbitm Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Cannot wait!

I have been following this game for a while now and I am really looking forward to being about to download it! It looks absolutely beautiful and very well put together! I have both a NZ and AU account but sadly no way to actually buy any apps just download free games when they come out. However this has been at the top of my list for so long that waiting a little longer won't kill me... then again maybe it will...

10. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Jennifer, I just love developers who are active in the community and really "talk" to players of their game. Thank you for that!

But Tengami alone looks so beautiful, I got it right when it became available.
    Have to wait a bit though and will be playing it later today.

Also will look into japanese numbers first ;-)

Cheers

11. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012