Universal Tempo (by Warchest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 12, 2015.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Anti terrorist team captured by terrorist threatening London, one of two rookies must rescue the others. It's more like a beat script than an actually story, as far as I've gotten anyway.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Warchest is shady, if you don't talk about how excited you are for their game, they will not reply. I asked so many times what kind of game this was, and they refused to answer. It's the same thing they do with RAD soldiers. No compliments = no response.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hm interesting. I dont think its my type of game? Idk... I mean looking past the scripted action and cool camera angles, it just seems like a shallow game. It even seems too shallow to be an interactive experience, but to be fair Ive been spoiled with telltale recently.

But why is everyone drooling over it? There has to be something. I guess I'll just be picking it up out of curiosity.

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #64 H4nd0fg0d, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    I'm having fun with it. Like I said, not the best, not the worst. Just a new spin on tap timing game. Everyone clambers over 'oh it's $5 it has to be the greatest thing ever. I mean come on, if a 5 spot is gonna break u, then u prolly shldnt b buying mobile games anyhow. Good lord, I spend like $10 daily at Starbucks. I kno most of u will think I'm crazy. To each his own. I like good espresso and iOS games. Bottom line, Redribbon proly put this game best in his assessment a page or 2 back. I'm liking the game. I don't have any regrets with it. I'll tell u what everyone will say sucks, I play CaptainStrike on the daily. I love tht shyt. My most played game and I literally buy and play everything every week. Lols/cheers;!

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, so I got super busy with work yesterday and have to be at work in a couple of hours (****ing work), so I only got to fire the game up for 2 minutes. What a surprise it was to find the game has been updated, but rather than a little bug fix update, I have to download a whopping 1.6 GB all over again for minor bug fixes and improvements. FML.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Rlly, wow. Tht plain sucks ass.

7. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    look though the thread i see at lest im not the only one that didnt like the game for what it is.

Clear some are going to stand by it and that's fair enough and there are some like me that simply dont like it and im not just talking the QTEs, the over use of the same cut scenes not even tried to dress them up to look different.

I stand by the rating i give the game.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #68 Rip73, Feb 14, 2015
    Funnily enough, I think that's the top/best comment I've read anywhere all week.
    :)

@ MetalC, that was a bit of a bummer. That update did come out rapid fast.
    I assumed everybody would of missed it as the update one was really the release version.
    You must of got it the very second it appeared on the App Store just as the transition from original approved submit to approved updated release was happening.
    That's pretty unlucky.

9. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It's a second update, 3 days since the first

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i know there is no IAP at the moment but as i said it is design for "future" iap. also please explain one of my point where i only get one pass and the rest are perfect but i cant still complete the missions due to out of time, also, what the point of giving people 3 chances when even with only one failed you cant passed the mission. trust me, this game has been designed for IAP since the beginning.

11. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah nothing special, but it is entertaining. I am going to play through all of it for sure

Honestly I dont pay attention to mobile prices. Its just something i dont look at anymore because all of the games are so damn cheap. They mean absolutely nothing to me. All I pay attention to is the quality.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, if you prove it, I'll trust you.
    I doubt if you can though because as it stands you're purely speculating based on what you're own misperceptions are and no real evidence whatsoever other than you're misunderstanding of certain types of game mechanics that I've seen in games for decades now.

Speculation doesn't equal fact or truth and trying to muddy the waters the same day some thing is released is just a little bit, well, something I certainly wouldn't engage in or approve of.

I'll take the developers word for it over yours.
    I'm pretty sure they are not working off speculation alone.

I also dont particularly care if they do add iap or not in the future, I'll have gotten my 5 bucks of value from it by then if it ever happens.
    So speculate away.
    Next time you make such statements some proof would be nice though because as it stands it is simply a non evidentiary anti iap stance even when none actually exists.
    Amazing how people do their best to drag down premium games now even when they have no iap yet will proceed to complain about freemium and iap with the next breath in the next thread.

13. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I just got the update now and it only took a few seconds. I think they may have uploaded the wrong update then quickly changed it. You don't have to download 1.6 gb again. It must have been an error. My update took about 15 seconds.

14. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    It is a shallow game as far as the action but it is a story driven game so better judged on the quality of the story. I don't know how good the story is but I play a lot of Tell Tale so this is kind of a different take. Whether I love it or not will depend on how they sell the story but on design and everything I give it high marks so far.

However if the story fails then I'll lower my score. I think this game should be judged on its story.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah yes, I see it now in my update history.
    It had slipped my notice with auto update turned on and I suppose the advantage of super fast to the desk fibre internet.
    I can understand MetalC's pain though if one has a less than super fast connection which I'm guessing he has.
    I know it'd probably drive me mental anyway. Or at least it does when I'm on less than stellar connections.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah less than stellar connections are a pain, I'll probably leave it as everything seems to be working fine

17. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #77 mzinn, Feb 14, 2015
    It's pretty interesting to read how so many love it, hate it, or land somewhere in the middle. I land in the middle. I for the most part am not a fan of rail games, however I will give a few a try & have found some to be fun & entertaining. Are they as good as a decent FPS for iOS? Nope, not even close but they still have some entertainment value & that's all I am looking for & this game provided that to me so I'm happy with it for what it is & not too upset over what it is not.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I definitely fall on the love side of the love/hate relationship scale when it comes to Tempo. Of course it took a while to sink in, because at first I was playing along thinking "Is that it?", but by the end of the first set of missions, that "boss" battle won me over. It felt almost Karateka-like, and that made me appreciate the game all that much more. I'll definitely be keeping this around for quite a while, and who knows...maybe I'll figure out how to get a bloody gold medal one day. :p

Oh, and as for any IAP discussions...guys, the app descrption clearly says this is an offline game with no IAPs. Whether or not IAPs will be added one day, no one knows...but if and when that day comes, we'll bring it up. This is a premium title and the developers are clearly proud of that.

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, good.
    Interesting boss battle comparison as well, I see what you mean.

20. Orderhere

Orderhere Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Sounds like it's House of the Dead without the actual shooting, lol. People think RE4/5's QTEs are cool, but no one in their right mind would buy a game where the ONLY thing you do are QTEs. I wonder how in the world the devs actually spent quite some effort making a large game like this with a completely dumb idea. At least make it an on-rails shooter? QTEs would blend seamlessly into an on-rail shooter.