Universal Temple Run 2 - (by Imangi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Working my first overnight shift and it's going to be slow as hell, counting on this to get me through it.

2. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #82 k1lljoy_89, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    977,000 on my second run.

Now I'm bored with it

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Weird, it seems they made a mistake with their achievements compared to the other two temple run games

4. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    That's a shame. You tried it?

Not in my App Store to test yet.

5. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    #85 BrushMyNoseOff, Jan 17, 2013
    I love Imangi; all their early releases up to The original Temple Run, but I'm disappointed with this. After 2-3 plays, the game's novelty (or lack of) wears off. There is nothing that makes me want to come back to it as I've played the original to death, and this is pretty much repackaged product.

I guess, one could argue, what can you change in such game? Which is a fair argument in a sense, as so many of us loved the TR1, and maybe Imangi did not want to fiddle with the mechanics too much. I think lack of risk here didn't work out, as I really rather play TR1 than this.

6. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
  7. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Australia
    No iCade support :mad:

So mad right now. What happened Imangi, why ?

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Yeah. I'm disappointed. :( I got 24 million using the icade.

9. Princeps32

Princeps32 Member

Feb 23, 2011
    #89 Princeps32, Jan 17, 2013
    I've been really enjoying this so far, Imangi are very good at what they do. Definitely a four star game at the least, I look forward to their next new IP, definitely, as I'm guessing there's not much more they can do with the genre.

10. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    How convenient.

11. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Australia
    It's so much easier and better to play using real controls the difference is night and day. I just don't understand why they would take the iCade support out. What were they thinking.

12. forenglandalec

forenglandalec Active Member

May 18, 2012
    This game had pulled me out of lurking. I love the style and presentation. It seems they bit off a bit more than they could chew. The environment just pops in like crazy and it's very choppy on the so called "still perfectly relevant" iPad 3.

13. nam009

nam009 Member

May 9, 2012
    I am playing on iPhone 3GS...and the controls are not responsive, frame rate stutters and I have encountered many bugs. Runs like crap on my phone !

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Runs perfect on my ipad 4th gen. I like this one much better than the first. Environment looks great. Got 3mill so far but I know I will be addicted and keep playing to get higher! Great job Imangi

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For those who havent delved on this great sequel yet... This is more of the same, and most of the improvements are in the game's aesthetics, and not much on the mechanics. On the bright side, this is more of what we loved in Temple Run.

Just dont expect enemies that you can kill, or cityscapes with exhaust fan floats, or whatever mechanic you can think of.

16. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I found the controls not responsive on my iPad 1 as well, which is of course game breaking in a reflex game like this. I assumed it would work with iCade (why would they take that out indeed?!) but alas, like others said, no luck. I also agree that because the backgrounds are so much more varied it is easy to miss an obstacle, but I think some of that will probably get better with practice. Which I will not be getting because of the unresponsiveness on my device.

17. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    It's telling that I went back to Pitfall to compare the two games, and ended up spending much more time on the latter, as it just brings so much more to the table than this new game does. TR2 could also really do with the Pitfall/RJR-style scripted challenge levels, and objectives/quests that don't immediately turn into ridiculous, grind-encouraging or IAP-pushing nonsense.

Objectives in endless-runner type games should preferably be minor, ever-changing side-quests designed to shake up each run in slightly different ways; you shouldn't be getting given unskippable "1,000,000 lifetime meters" and "100,000 lifetime coins" objectives clogging up two of the three objective slots mere hours into the game, as has happened with TR2. Those should be achievements, not objectives. :p

18. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I'll second the iCade whining :D It was awesome to play the first on with the iCade and because of this, I'd wanted to get the second one as well. But now with no support I'll pass and stick to the first one.

19. kelsteo

kelsteo Member

May 21, 2012
    I played Temple Run 2, really it is awesome and graphics are very good. A long time played and got a long path. My score is 8,45,339. So crazy!!!! still m playing ...

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Here is my review:

Good: The sense of speed is by far the best out there, males the game more frantic and thats what I like... and the graphics and animations are top notch, like the scenery. I also like that character stats are permanent for all of them so you dont have to do it with all of them, nice.

Bad: Many things. First, that horrible " gem revive", takes away most of the fun leaving the richest on top, not fair at all. Second, this game lags quite a bit, often I find myself smashed into a tree without even kmowing how. Sometimes the game doesnt register swipes correctly. Also I feel I always running in circles, more enviroments needed ASAP. And a big issue: the missions: Now I have the one that says "Nine Lives", and I have to use 9 gems, and I had bad objectives befores, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Conclusion: The great sense of speed is killed by the gem revive and buried with some bad objectives. Sad

Final Rating: 3.5 put of 5. Average

And I wont unistall it just yet, first I have to try this ln my new iPhone 5 thats coming next week to see if at least that lag dissapears...