Universal Temple Run 2 - (by Imangi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 16, 2013.

1. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Ya it's noticeably sharper looking too. Giant snake is cool

2. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    5 hours left to get the new headpiece. Still fumin that I didn't get the last one

3. Crondar

Crondar Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    #343 Crondar, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    It's a cool map, no doubt about that. So much better than the Halloween one which I don't like at all.

4. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Really. I mean I like the sky summit. The spooky summit is the same with some decorations and lightning and other cool effects. I like the green water. And of course it came with some cool spooky chaRacters and costumes. I always run with the wolfman. My fav board is still sky summit. Then blazing sands but the new one is super pretty. Very sharp looking. Gold statues. Btw does anyone else want to see the snakes head? I wish they would have included and encounter with the head. Probably would have been bad a$$.

5. Crondar

Mar 3, 2017
    Spooky Summit just doesn't speak to me from an aesthetic point of view. Too cluttered, too many questionable color choices (inverted colors look, greenish water), cartoonish graphics (spiders, webs etc.). I think a different approach could have worked though. Cartoonish or retro-graphics all around for example.

As far as the head of the snake is concerned: Like in a good horror movie, sometimes it's better not to know.

6. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Would be cool if thei incorporated a boss battle. Like with the snake head. Anyway new challenge starting in 17 hours. Gettin that new crown. It will look good on on my werewolf. Lol

7. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Loving the new update. I like these as much as the new levels, mostly because it gives you so much more to do. I like when we get new objectives (new level cap) but this time it was a bit too quick, it only took 4 runs to complete all of them. As hard as the Inifini-runner goal was, I liked it because it gave you something to work on. New artifacts are always a good thing, but what I really like is the addition of tokens to get the new costumes, this, again, gives us more to collect. Also, we finally got something I've wanted since release, the ability to collect multiple chests per run! Also the chests come quick, so it's not unusual to het 5+ chests per run.

With all of the positive, I will throw in my negative, the jungle is now really choppy (6s Plus), it's playable but the frame rate slow down is really annoying, I'm assuming this will get fixed quickly, as they are usually good about these types of things.

8. Crondar

Mar 3, 2017
    #348 Crondar, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    I second that, some unusual stuttering here and there, but all in all a nice little update.

9. Crondar

Mar 3, 2017
    #349 Crondar, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    The freebie chest on the homescreen, dozens of chests within the game itself and challenge goals that don't change anymore. It seems as if they want to simplify the game a lot?