Universal Templar Infinite crusade - Mix of RPG, rogue like and strategy elements.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dr_Nachin, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I like to try out the game if that code is still available. I usually enjoy rogue like with some elements that stay with you after death.

2. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Sending over promo code

Hello Shwqa, sending code over via PM. Thanks for showing interest in the game. If possible please post feedback here after you play for some time.

3. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Version 1.1 has been approved by apple

Hello all. version 1.1 has been approved by apple.

LEADERBOARDS are finally here. Just for fun want to post a pic sent by someone I know. During my internal play testing period never made it past the 6th boss as it takes quite a bit of time. Here the person has killed the 13th boss and has 1700 hp. That's pretty amazing. I will post interesting leaderboard facts later on.

Working on 1.2 currently. Aiming for 1.3 to have the graphics update.

Attached Files:

4. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Dang I still got a long way to go. My goal is to make the hall of heroes. So far I'm #1 because it just updated haha, hopefully I don't fall too far from the top

5. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Hello V Koulema

Just to confirm even though you are number 1, can you see the scores of other people?

6. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #106 Shwqa, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Well I got to play the game for a hour or so and I got to say it is really good. I feel like am always making good progress and getting stronger. One problem I ran into was when I killed the first elder god the game got a bit too tough. I had to do a bunch of 2-4 screen runs and made a lot less money before I started getting anywhere again.

Anyways here is are my MVP skills:

Inspection- you get free gold when you inspect something so being able to get 80-90% of encounters adds up really quick. Avoiding traps really helps keeping you alive too.

Sword- your primary damage is through sword, so this is the best offensive skill.

All the avoid damage passive skills- agility is the most useful of the three because the instant death abilities and traps tend to be purple. But all of these skills are insanely useful. They will keep you alive longer than any other skill.

Everything else tends to be a good 20-30 levels behind those abilities.

I found the healing and boost ability a little bit of dubs. I haven't notice any really difference in healing from level 50-80. The boost buff is still a little too weak to be noticeable, but I still use it on hard enemies. They are still really useful but I only want to pump them if I can quickly get them to another usage.

7. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Hello Shwqa thanks for the feedback.

You have a good eye. Indeed to balance all the defenses I gave purple the most insta deaths and poisons, to balance out the fact that it is not as common as red damage (most common, lowest average damage) and blue damage (less common than red but more damaging). All three do have insta kills, but purple has more plus poisons.

The heal spell works better when you have more Hit points. It scales both of your Hit points and the heal skill. If you have any more questions or concerns please let me know.

Leaderboards are in but many folks either do not use game center, or have not updated. So far my friend from the pic I sent above is in first place.

Thanks to the new version have a few more codes to give out. Please post here if you want a code.

8. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Hi, if you are giving away codes I'll snag one. Been pouring thru the comments and this looks pretty neat.

;)

9. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Sending promo code

Hello Dudecoolguyman, sending over a promo code via PM. Thanks for showing interest in the game. Please post feedback after you play for some time if possible :D.

In other news Templar Infinite Crusade tied for FIRST place in a poll for 'Game of the Week' here in touch arcade. Thanks for all the support and working hard to improve the game.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249924&page=2

Got more codes just post here.

10. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Few more updated images

Few more enemies.

Attached Files:

11. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes

thanks to version 1.1 being launched have more promo codes to give out. please post here if you want one.

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    id love to try it out!

13. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes

Thanks for showing interest in the game Turakm. Sending a code via p.m. If you have any questions please ask away. Will be waiting for your feedback.

Got a few more codes for today. Just post here if you want one.

14. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    I'd like to try :)

If there are any codes left... would love to try this :D

15. V Kuolema

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Making good progress. Took down one elder so far. I always seem to run into a dragon or some such with no resources and get instantly killed. My crusade carries on.

I think I'm only #9 now. Doesn't seem like I have a hope of catching number one anymore.

By the way, what's the usefulness of the shrines? It honestly seems like it's better to just skip them altogether.

16. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Hello

Hello Jim shorts, sending you a code via PM in a bit. Hope you enjoy the game and I will be waiting for feedback.

V Koulema, I am happy you re making progress, just don't worry about #1. Have fun and take it one step at a time. Shrines are in y opinion the best risk/reward system currently in the game. Some shrines can outright kill you, but if you manage to make one or two sacrifices maybe more, and you get a greater blessing(lesser blessings are ok), that can be a HUGE help in your current crusade. Blessing provide health, resources, gold, temporary and permanent buffs to skills and more. One example is the shrine that takes barriers as sacrifice. If you sacrifice 2 or 3 and then pray there is a good chance at a greater blessing. It permanently raises your ID score by 10 besides other buffs.

17. V Kuolema

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    That makes sense. I knew it said greater blessing wasn't quite sure what it meant. I shall press onward and upward.

18. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Run from big enemies like dragon and greater demons. You get half the gold they would drop but don't lose a ton of resources.

19. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    To infinity(crusade) and beyond

Learning the items and shrines, which enemies to run from(as Shwqa pointed out), and when to use up your limited resources is vital for good progression. The good thing is you always get a bit stronger each time.

Adding a few more updated images. Let me know if you like/dislike.

Attached Files:

20. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    So much going on without a lot of explanation. It makes my heart ache because I want to like it but it's so hard to remember everything. I typically just spam sword and see how far I can go. 2 heals typically gets me nowhere fast and I don't even know if I use shield if that is a permanent addition or just for that fight.

It's a great concept and it plays just fine but I can't see getting past the spam sword part - it's not that I want a overly easy game I just want it to actually contain strategy without me having to reference a manual. I'm holding in my hand one of the technology marvels of our time (smartphone) and this game doesn't utilize any of its processing power or capabilities. A++ for retro but...

I'll carry on and see if I get swayed the more I play.