Universal Templar Infinite crusade - Mix of RPG, rogue like and strategy elements.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dr_Nachin, Dec 2, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Looks good man!

After playing for about 10-15 minutes I'm having a grand time so far. I like the fact that you can permanantly upgrade stats to better suit your future runs so it keeps the game flowing. I think if there was a way to maybe pull up what the skill was by a hold on the picture or something at the beginning would have helped. I didn't know what I was clicking at the start. Maybe a long tap or hold to bring up the skill name and the level of said skill would be benificial to the player? Just a thought I know it's a work in progress. If there is a way to do said things then I apologize for not seeing it.

Thanks
    aconfusedkender

2. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Tutorial

Just in case there is a tutorial(which has received many props :D) in the main screen. Lets you know what all the icons do, and explains how the identify works. Please check it out if you haven't yet. I am glad you are having a blast.

More codes to give out just post here.

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I did both tutorials but it's soon forgotten afterwards. Also there are more things once the game begins but I don't know how hard it would be to implement the above things I mentioned. Like adding a tap to hold option on each icon to describe it and to show the current level instead of waiting for the upcoming death to see. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the code bro

4. Druss17

Druss17 New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Hi,

If you have a code, I am your man for testing the game !

5. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar promo code

Sending code over Druss. I would appreciate it if you would post your feedback after you play some time so that everyone can read. I recommend the tutorial once or twice, its pretty fast as is basically killing things LOL.

Aconfusedkender thanks for the feedback. You are the second person to ask about perhaps a quick tooltip description. I have written all the feedback down. I will probably put it in sometime but got bigger/better things to put in first. Hope you are enjoying the game, and if possible vote for templar if you think it should be the game of the week.

Got more codes to give away. If you have played and enjoy the game tell other folks :D.

6. Druss17

Druss17 New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks for the code. I will post my feedback after playing some times.

7. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #67 Dr_Nachin, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    More art.

The artist is now in a cage and is on a strict diet of red bull and mountain dew. Aiming for mid/late January can't promise but thats the intended target)for graphics update. Everything will be updated at once, backgrounds and foreground items. Here are two updated humanoids. Again tell me what you think of the new pixel art.

Got more codes to give put today, please post here if you want one.

Attached Files:

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Love the look of the demon!
    FYI, I'll take a code. Appreciate it!

9. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    please share me a code, would love to try retro game thanks a lot:)

10. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes

NOEN, fatkit sent you both codes. NOEN you seem to have been interested in the game for a bit as you posted early in this thread. I am happy you want to play.:D.

Post feedback here. Have more codes to give out just post here.

P.S. If you have played and enjoy the game please vote for us in the touch arcade Game of the week polls. Already have one vote :D. Heres the link.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249924&page=2

11. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    thanks for the game and voted!

12. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks for the votes

Appreciate the support:D.

13. Druss17

Druss17 New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    After playing the game about 30 min, I can say it a very pleasant game. It's a good job. I will vote for your game to support your work.

And thanks again for the code.

14. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks for the votes

Thanks for the support. Would like some feedback also after you play the game one or two days.

Got more codes to give away just post here.

15. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #75 Dr_Nachin, Dec 10, 2014
    More updated enemies

Helo all. Here are three more updated enemies. Tell me what you think. Also no one has any gameplay questions? Questions about the skills? Just post here :D.

Attached Files:

16. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Hi Dr Nachin,

This seems quite interesting. Would it be ok if I grabbed a code as well?

17. truthiness

truthiness Member

Nov 3, 2014
    The developer was awesome enough to send me a promo code about 5 days ago and I've been playing it for at least a little bit each day. A lot of people have touched on the basic gameplay elements and main criticisms, so I'll just add a few of the things that stood out the most to me.

Graphics - These are easy to complain about and everyone already has, so I'll just leave it at that. The developer clearly knows and cares about this issue... just look at all the updated sprites they have been posting! Once these updates get into the game, I'm sure it will get more people interested. First impressions are very important after all!

The gameplay is interesting. It's a "roguelike" but in a much looser term of the word. I wish there was a map you could be exploring - something to give you a sense of choice for where you are going next. Clicking the "move forward" button kind of disconnects the player and makes it feel like a bunch of meaningless one-off battles (despite the fact that you are earning gold which will help permanently upgrade your character). I know that there are bosses at set increments, but I think the game would benefit from some semblance of progression through an area. Maybe make some type of minimap that you go to after each fight, and you can choose the next area you want to go to as you progress through the dungeon/world on your way to the boss. The minimap should be revealed as you start exploring (kind of like how a traditional roguelike map works), and maybe you can add some items or spells that allow you to reveal certain parts of the map. This could show a treasure chest or maybe reveal and identify the enemy that you will fight on that piece of the map.

Leveling up skills is not intuitive at the moment. It's easy enough to guess at what some of the skills do, but there needs to be some descriptions for what the skills do. At a minimum it should say "this will increase you evasion chance", but ideally it would also give numbers so that you really know what you're getting.

Identifying enemies - I'm not sold on this mechanic, and it's a huge part of the game. In my experience, a lot of the early game devolves into guessing since your identify skill is really low. This is a huge part of the game because identifying an enemy gives you a health bar and weakness information which is critical to succeeding in your early runs. My worry is that new players will get overwhelmed with this and give up too early. I am absolutely not suggesting that the game become easier, but I do think the player should have a more "active" part in the identifying process.

My recommendation would be to make it more like a discovery process, although you can keep the random chance of "full identification" in. When you first fight an enemy they are unidentified (assuming you didn't get a full identification when the fight starts). After you kill one, you get an idea of what it's HP is. After you kill a set number of them (let's say 5-10), you know exactly what HP it is. Furthermore, while you attack the enemy will abilities (like Sword, Bow, Magic, etc) you start to learn what it is weak to. These need to show up when you click the top part of the screen to bring up strength/weaknesses. Anything you haven't figure out yet should have a '?' mark or something to that effect.

Alright - this was way longer and potentially way more negative than I wanted it to be. I really do like this game: I love the combination of genres, and I love the fact that the developer is really involved with the community so far and has already expressed a lot of desire to update the game and make it even better. If anything, the developer needs to be supported because of their awesome stance of premium, no-IAP gaming. I just hope that some of these suggestions help in some way.

18. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #78 Dr_Nachin, Dec 10, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback!

Dunan, sending you a code via P.M. please post feedback here, and tell other folks if you like the game.

Truthiness, I appreciate all the feedback(being the first, of hopefully many games I plan to make, this has been quite a learning experience, but overall happy with the game and the feedback in general:D). As V Koulema said in the game of the week post, the game is lovely but a bit rough around the edges. Need feedback to smooth those edges out. I see now that I should have included a story mode besides the "infinite crawl".

Being a 2 man studio(me and artist), I want to avoid making promises I cannot keep, and also want to avoid overhyping future plans. I do not want to bite off more than I can chew.

Given my programming skill set I might not be able to implement a couple of things, but I will say what chance i think i have of pulling it off.

I am currently adding monster modifiers(100% will be included)
    After that its a toss up between achievements (100%be included) and a quest/challenge mode(95%i think i can pull this of).

quests/challenge mode will probably not have an overmap, but will be a predetermined adventure. Example. adventure 1-1 - Defeat the bandit overlord(all tied up to some short story). You would go through a series of predetermined encounters such as : Bandit, bandit, apple, ninja, goblin thief, shrine, etc etc etc, bandit overlord. Once you kill the overlord you can proceed to the next adventure. Other challenges could be boss rush mode, rare monster only battle, no item runs, etc etc Please tell me your thoughts on this. If it seems fun I will probably add this before achievements.

I am also looking at the identify issue, along with other small rebalances . Maybe I will make it easier to identify mobs.

I do want to stay active with the community as I would like to improve your experience with my game. The best way to support me besides buying the game(1.99 but its worth it :D), is to tell other folks that might like the game and to vote for us in game of the week if you believe the game deserves the title. Templar is currently in second place with 5 votes :D. here is the link.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249924&page=2

P.S. putting a new monster up. Lets see how good your ID is :D Guess what it is.

Attached Files:

• ???.png
      ???.png
      File size:
      2.7 KB
      Views:
  19. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #79 Dr_Nachin, Dec 10, 2014
    Ranked in my home Country

Hello all, I was told by a friend templar infinite crusade is ranked #24 paid apps in my country (Dominican Republic). Not a lot of iphone users here , but still happy I am next to some big names actually(1 shy away from angry bird seasons hehehe), but still not bad for a first game.

got more codes to give away. Just post here.

P.S. heres what te leaderboards will look like. 1 for each skill, plus distance, level,enemies killed and deaths. Patch is still waiting for review.

Attached Files:

20. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Lite version maybe? please provide feedback on this

Hello guys. I have been reading up on wether or not Lite versions helps. I am leaning on making a free lite version that caps all skills at 60 maybe. if you wanna raise them higher you have to buy the full version. I think this will allow more people to experience the game and then decide on whether to buy or not. opinions?